+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or Outland Common Law?

Traxex

Jul 22, 2011
I have read a lot of different stories and from CIC are telling you different every time u call them. So i need someones help here.
I file for restoration for my visitor status but I haven't gotten the response yet. Now I'm pregnant and I want to give a birth in Canada and to file Inland Common Law. Some people are saying if I file the Inland Common Law before I get the response for my visitor status even if they refuse me I have implied status and by the law I can stay here till I get the response. Some are saying I can't stay if they refuse me, and I need to apply for Outland. From CIC one said I can apply for inland if i got refused for the visitor I will just call them to make it Outland, they we called again and they said we should wait till I got the response if I was refused to file Outland if not Inland. How knows the best? What is the law here? In the notes for common law from CIC it's clearly saying I mustn't leave Canada if I file for Inland that I have implied status, some are saying as soon as I got the response from CIC they have my common law papers I have implied status and I can stay till I get the response. Now we will send the papers of my pregnancy if that can change something on their decision. Hope someone can help me about this :(