+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or outland application??

Dutchie243

Sep 15, 2017
Hi,

I am dutch and currently in Canada with my Canadian common-law husband and we are working on my PR application.
We have 2 kids and i want to stay here during my application so that my family stays together but i also want to be able to leave and visit holland.
Can sombody expain to me how it works?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Because you are in Canada, you can choose which you want to do.

If you apply inland, you can also apply for a work permit to use while you wait. If you apply outland, you cannot.

Either one, if you leave Canada, you have no guaranteed right of re-entry. If you apply inland and then are not allowed back in (eg they decide you're not a genuine visitor, they're not convinced you won't work), then your application will be deemed abandoned. If you apply outland, even if you are refused re-entry, the application will continue (and won't be affected).

So really depends how much you want to work, and how badly you view the (fairly low, but certainly extant) risk of not being allowed back in after a visit.

Dutchie243

Sep 15, 2017
Thank you so much for you response!!

I also have another question and hope you can help..

My common-law husband and I have been living together for 4 years do we need to submit all of our shared lease agreements or just the most recent one because we moved 3 times?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I would submit all of them. If the current one covers a year or more, it would be enough, but more proof won't hurt.

Reactions: Dutchie243

Pameladominic

Feb 11, 2018
Hi,

I am dutch and currently in Canada with my Canadian common-law husband and we are working on my PR application.
We have 2 kids and i want to stay here during my application so that my family stays together but i also want to be able to leave and visit holland.
Can sombody expain to me how it works?
Hi
How did you applied finally?
I am in the same situation but I was ready to apply inland because we are here together. But just read the forum and that situation about you can be denied to entry if you take a trip outside Canada make me think twice about apply inland vs outland also in my case I don't want a work permit just want to stay with my kids but we usually take vacations and trips so I don't know what is better...