+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland interview

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
Hey everyone,

I just received a letter from CIC local office saying that my application has been completed and they require an interview. The date, time and location have been given to me. I did a quick search on this forum for the possible questions they may ask, it seems like they could potentially ask anything they want...

During my application, I was never required to submit anything extra, like phone bills, emails, photos because I included all of these in the application I first set out. The only procedure I had to re-do was my medical exam. As soon as I got this letter, I called CIC and asked them what my status could be. They said my application has been approved and they just need to issue the PR card to me at the interview. For this interview, I have to bring the follow: PR photos, my sponsor (husband) and all documents issued by CIC. They didn't ask for anything else like our photos together. However, I am still a little anxious about this interview, not because we are not a "real" couple - we've been married for 4 yrs and in total 9 yrs together, but because my husband is indeed very forgetful. I take care of most things at home and he doesn't care about little details here and there. If they do ask us questions like "what did you do last night" or "what colour is your wife's toothbrush" then I think we are pretty much doomed!!!

So my question is, from the requirements they sent me, does it seem like it's a good sign that they won't ask us these detailed questions??

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Sounds like a landing interview to get your PR status, not an interview to determine the genuineness of your relationship.

lovingchange

Nov 7, 2011
Thanks Charlie for your quick response! Also I have just one tiny concern...I couldn't find my very first study permit, so I don't know if they would be OK with that. CIC said if I can't find it, there is nothing I can do, just bring whatever I have currently to the interview. I hope this won't affect the outcome of the interview!

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
I knew that my application was approved before the Interview like yours.. Don't worry, the only question that the Immigration did asked my spouse was : Do you know your responsibility as the Sponsor ? Then my Spouse said yes and thats it, no more other questions asked...