+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Family Sponsorship - as a Service Provider

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
Hi everyone,
I was offered employment back in Canada however my current company which I love is now offering me to work remotely. The caveat is that they don't have a Canadian entity and therefore would be paying me as a "Service Provider".

My question is whether or not this would hurt sponsoring my spouse to get her PR if I don't have a Canadian based employer and that I'm only like a "freelancer"?

Also, while I'm here if anybody knows a place where I can get resources on how to pay my taxes, contributions or whatever about how I would need to go about it if I do this route, please let me know :)

Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do you have PR yet? If yes, there's no issue.

If no: do you have a work permit? If yes, don't worry.

If no: does the company do business in Canada at all, or with Canadians? If yes, you may have a problem.

hollafame

Aug 6, 2018
Do you have PR yet? If yes, there's no issue.

If no: do you have a work permit? If yes, don't worry.

If no: does the company do business in Canada at all, or with Canadians? If yes, you may have a problem.
I'm a Canadian citizen :) and yes the company also has clients in Canada.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I'm a Canadian citizen :) and yes the company also has clients in Canada.
If you're a Canadian citizen, there will be zero impact on your sponsorship application, no matter whether or not the company has Canadian clients. You may be required to provide other proof of financial ability to sponsor if you haven't already submitted that with the application.