+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland family class sponsorship

Nikkiferrera

Sep 15, 2015
Hi. I just got approved to sponsor my husband after 17 months. We have received an email saying his application for residency has been transferred to the cic office in Calgary for further assessment???? I'm terrified, why did they do that? They also say he will be contacted soon for an interview or additional information. Whats the next step and how much longer do we have? We have a three year old daughter who was born here in Canada and we just purchased our new home.

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
Nikkiferrera said:
Hi. I just got approved to sponsor my husband after 17 months. We have received an email saying his application for residency has been transferred to the cic office in Calgary for further assessment???? I'm terrified, why did they do that? They also say he will be contacted soon for an interview or additional information. Whats the next step and how much longer do we have? We have a three year old daughter who was born here in Canada and we just purchased our new home.
Hi! Where do you guys live? I think that you should not worry too much. Right now they just want to security check, medical check, background chack for your husband and from the website the processing time is 10 months. Did you manage to check e-cas using your husband's client ID? It should said application received..then the next step is in process..then decision made. Hang in there..

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
Nikkiferrera said:
Hi we're from Brooks Alberta. I'm originally from Cuba and my husband is from Colombia
That's why they send his application to Calgary for processing because you guys lived in Alberta. This is good news that they already send the stuff for assessment/processing. Some people need interview and some don't. If they need more information they will ask you..if everything is complete and they satisfied then there should be no problem Just hang in there!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It is not good news that the app has been sent to Calgary. Applications are only sent to local offices when CIC has serious concerns, usually about the genuineness of the relationship. You should expect that he will be called for an interview. Also, it is very possible that it will take longer than 10 months, as posted processing times no longer apply when an app is transferred to a local office.

Did you have any red flags in your application?

Woona

Sep 5, 2015
Boisbriand, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
I received my AIP and DM in the same email... but I am just curious.

Why, in general, are they asking for an interview? If the application seems suspicious or what? It's been one of my biggest fear. Even if we applied Inland (we sent our demand October 27th, my husband just got DM a few days ago).

But why...?