+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Family Class Sponsorship: Interview at Airport/Tourist Visa

WilliamShakesBeer

Oct 13, 2017
Thanks a lot for all of your help and hints so far :)

Either way. If it looks like you are moving all of your belongings it will raise concerns. 2 bags are fine.
I want to come back to my initial question. Does it mean I cannot mention that I want to apply for inland sponsorship (and hence it must not look like I'm moving)?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 bags are fine.
Depends on the claimed length of visit. If you are saying that you come for a month in spring but are bringing a lot of summer staff- it raises questions.
I didn't know about that. My understanding was that you can only start an inland application while being in Canada (hence the name) -- as opposed to an outland sponsorship.
Be careful with canuck's suggestions. He does not know much in practice just theories.

Pay the PR fees and start the app ahead of time; if CBSA does ask further questions, you can show them that you know the proper process to immigrate and are following it.
Yea... take only two bags but start inland process before you even crossed the border... An advice for getting in trouble.

Reactions: WilliamShakesBeer

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I didn't know about that. My understanding was that you can only start an inland application while being in Canada (hence the name) -- as opposed to an outland sponsorship.
You must be in Canada when you actually mail the app. You can certainly pay the fees, start filling out the forms and gather your documents/proofs before travelling to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You are arrogant in immigration details.
You are ignorant about immigration. I cannot even recall how many times you have posted bad information and I and many others have corrected you in the past.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot for all of your help and hints so far :)

I want to come back to my initial question. Does it mean I cannot mention that I want to apply for inland sponsorship (and hence it must not look like I'm moving)?
Refer back to my first response. Be honest but don't volunteer. If asked further, show the PR stuff. This is a common situation and you should have no issues.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Be careful with canuck's suggestions. He does not know much in practice just theories.

Yea... take only two bags but start inland process before you even crossed the border... An advice for getting in trouble.
Lol, that's hilarious. On the old version of the forum, you had several hundred more negative votes than positive votes because you posted wrong information so much. I recall correcting you on an almost daily basis.

It's actually good advice for showing CBSA that they know the rules.