Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lellen said:
Isn't that misleading? It caused me to assume that I had to apply inland because we live in Canada. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. It's a process that is simply NOT working and if nobody does anything about it it will stay the same.
Yes it's a bit misleading, but here is an excerpt form the actual inland instruction guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp
-----
The family class is aimed at faster processing of spouse or common‑law partner applications from applicants outside Canada.

Processing times for spouses or common‑law partners in Canada are generally longer.

The person being sponsored can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard. Processing times for applications processed in Canada are posted on our Web site.

-----

Unfortunately the reality is that inland or outland processing times will not be given any urgency by the government, since it only affects an incredibly small percent of the Canadian voting population. And unless an issue is important enough to be a voting issue in a federal election, it won't get much attention by those in charge. Even when individual's stories are picked up by the media, the government usually steps in to fix that one problem, and then the whole family immigration issue is forgotten again.

The only way to get any change is to get your MP involved, and get them to pressure the PM or Immigration Minister. The only real power people have here is to vote for a new MP if you feel your current one doesn't care, or vote for a party in general you think will do a better job.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Yes it's a bit misleading, but here is an excerpt form the actual inland instruction guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp
-----
The family class is aimed at faster processing of spouse or common‑law partner applications from applicants outside Canada.

Processing times for spouses or common‑law partners in Canada are generally longer.

The person being sponsored can apply to a visa office outside Canada to take advantage of the family class processing standard. Processing times for applications processed in Canada are posted on our Web site.

-----

Unfortunately the reality is that inland or outland processing times will not be given any urgency by the government, since it only affects an incredibly small percent of the Canadian voting population. And unless an issue is important enough to be a voting issue in a federal election, it won't get much attention by those in charge. Even when individual's stories are picked up by the media, the government usually steps in to fix that one problem, and then the whole family immigration issue is forgotten again.

The only way to get any change is to get your MP involved, and get them to pressure the PM or Immigration Minister. The only real power people have here is to vote for a new MP if you feel your current one doesn't care, or vote for a party in general you think will do a better job.
It's more than a bit misleading, IMHO.

The guide states that an Inland application is to be used for a spouse or partner that is living in Canada.

The Outland guide states "...from applicants outside Canada". If a person is in Canada...how can that same person submit an application from outside Canada?

If that's not a paradox, I don't know what is!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Yes but to be fair as Rob has pointed out if you actually read the Inland instructions it also makes it very clear that you can apply using an outland office. If you are going to invest months of your life and a relatively large amount of money for most people, you would presume that most people would do a bit of research prior to putting in an application, and you would quickly find out that the option of applying outland is possible.

In response to gorchess....ok I don't know your circumstances but you indicate that your husband is American, yet you applied inland when outland applications for US citizens seem to be going through in a few months?

We live in a world these days where everyone expects to receive instant results. The reason I get frustrated by this is that in my case myself and my wife have planned our return to Canada for the last 8 years, and through that time we have had to be apart but that is just the price you have to pay when you get into a relationship of this sort. No government is going to all of a sudden drop everything to help a few people get 'status' as a previous poster said we are not priorty, in fact probably most Canadians who are not in this situation would see us as way down the list. You have to be realistic if the Canadian government were seen to be investing millions more into immigration service as opposed to healthcare or schools and infrastructure they would be losing votes all over the place. Lets face it immigration is not popular!

Unfortunate for us...yes but thats life. By all means contact your MP, newspapers... do whatever it takes to speed up your process but in the big sea that is Canada and its politics we are simply a bunch of little Nemo's somewhere in that soup.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Just a reminder, anyone who wants to take action, not just discuss the merits of action, check out:

FB Group for Inland Sponsorship Action: https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/

Petition to speed things up: http://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-a

MiriMinBC

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
fugaziosbourne said:
Do you have any evidence to back that up?
It's safe to say they have a few people on staff to answer the phones. I doubt the ladies(or gentlemen) who are supposedly working on apps have to stop what their doing every time the phone rings in the office to play receptionist.
You should be more frustrated that they dropped everything to work on the backlog of citizenship apps. Are you telling me they couldn't do both? I guess if they did Chris Alexander wouldn't be able to brag on social media about clearing 9% of the backlog or whatever the number was.

I doubt there was a "flood" of inland apps. There are approximately 8000 a year. That number doesn't change much from year to year.

I paid for this. I have a right(I can underline words too) to see some return on my investment.

So what are your ideas for how we should handle this? You're offering nothing but criticism and offering no solutions.

We're all in the same boat. Feel free to offer any positive suggestions.

Once again, do you have anything to back up that opinion? It's offensive to me when I see people on here suggesting prayer is a valid alternative to taking action and standing up for our rights. Whatever works for you I guess but don't try to stop the rest of us.

Regarding the calls, it's not actual officers who take the call. It's call centre agents. Their job is to handle phone calls. It's part of "transparency" and "accountability".

fugaziosbourne

Aug 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
Graihn said:
Great idea; flood CIC with calls.

That was sarcasm btw
Thanks for your positive contribution to our cause.

Also, thank you Captain Obvious for pointing out your sarcasm.

WeCanadoIt

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-04-2015
Ok fellow applicants, I would love your input on a project I am working on to help speed things up. I want to make a video with different photos of applicants and put it together with some facts.

What I need from you guys is a picture of you holding a piece of paper/card with the following written on it:
How many days you are waiting(extra big), No health care, Cant work etc.
example: 320 days IN LIMBO, No healthcare, Cant work, Pregnant.

Im hoping the finished video will go viral and we can send it to people to explain our story.

Please attach your pic to an email and send it to inlandpics @ mail.com.

Any pics sent will only be used for this project.
Thanks guys!!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
virk1129 said:
Today is 24...where is all the action?...
They all got put on "HOLD". :p :p