+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Common Law Sponsorship

moniquey_

Apr 22, 2022
Hello everyone,
I am the principal applicant. I sent my application via paper on March 22nd 2022.
I did not submit NOA/proof of income because my boyfriend which is the sponsor hasn’t yet filed tax return for last year.
I did not submit employment letter as well because my boyfriend is self-employed.
But I submitted his T4 and other tax forms for 2020 and 2021, is that okay?
Will my application be returned?
If I got temporary application number later, can I submit NOA and proof of income through Webform so that it reduces the possibility of my application being returned.
If my package will be returned, it will be returned after 6 months since the package got received, is that right?
Please help, thanks.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello everyone,
I am the principal applicant. I sent my application via paper on March 22nd 2022.
I did not submit NOA/proof of income because my boyfriend which is the sponsor hasn’t yet filed tax return for last year.
I did not submit employment letter as well because my boyfriend is self-employed.
If I got temporary application number later, can I submit NOA and proof of income through Webform so that it reduces the possibility of my application being returned.
If my package will be returned, it will be returned after 6 months since the package got received, is that right?
Please help, thanks.
If he was self employed , he wouldn’t have had a T4. Sometimes if individuals are self employed, the individuals paying him will issue a T4A, which is used for fees for services , basically a tracker for money or a T5018, for Contract Payments if he works in the trades .
Also check to see if he’s registered for a GST number . It’s a nine digit Business Number ending in RT0001. That would show the business income for the yearly periods .

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hello everyone,
Please help, thanks.
in my case I didnt submit NOA and that was a mistake and they returned my application. But in total, I had 6 mistakes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
Please help, thanks.
Would also submit proof of savings. It can be sent in via webform.

moniquey_

Apr 22, 2022
If he was self employed , he wouldn’t have had a T4. Sometimes if individuals are self employed, the individuals paying him will issue a T4A, which is used for fees for services , basically a tracker for money or a T5018, for Contract Payments if he works in the trades .
Also check to see if he’s registered for a GST number . It’s a nine digit Business Number ending in RT0001. That would show the business income for the yearly periods .
Thanks, I see. He is a business owner and he works in his company, that’s why he has T4. That is considered as self-employed, right?

Jazzed

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Have you tried the webform as suggested to you. A UCI number or application number is not a required field for most inland communications

Though at this point in your process without an AOR , there is no guarantee that the information will be seen by the officer who will assess your application.

This type of error if it's your only error may not lead to a return of your application immediately and they may start processing it and ask for the additional information later on.

Good luck!
Can someone please help?

moniquey_

Apr 22, 2022
Have you tried the webform as suggested to you. A UCI number or application number is not a required field for most inland communications

Though at this point in your process without an AOR , there is no guarantee that the information will be seen by the officer who will assess your application.

This type of error if it's your only error may not lead to a return of your application immediately and they may start processing it and ask for the additional information later on.

Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I submitted the most recent NOA for 2021 with my UCI via Webform last Friday, but haven't gotten a reply or anything back. I am not sure if the officer will actually accept it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So you need to submit proof of income for inland sponsorship? Is there minimum income requirements?
There's no income requirements but it's still mandatory you submit these documents.

moniquey_

Apr 22, 2022
Hello guys, I got the medical exam request this morning, does it mean that my application will not be returned anymore?