+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland CEC app refused. Re-entering pool. Do I need new IME?

Jan 11, 2023
Hey everyone, would love your advice:

I got an ITA on July 20th, 2022 under CEC. I did my immigration medical exam on August 4th 2022 and submitted my application August 20th. Unfortunately, it was refused as one of my foreign work experience letters contained only a single generic statement about my duties.

I'm now back in the pool and waiting for an ITA - I missed the Jan18th one because I had to redo my IELTS and was waiting for results.

So my question is: can I submit the medical exam I did in August last year? I did see this notice that we don't need a new exam if we meet all those conditions (I do) but I'm still a bit worried and would love to hear from others who went through something similar.

Would appreciate help since I'm doing this re-application by myself, instead of through a consultant like last time.

Thank you!

marita_me

Dec 24, 2020
If you are inland applicant I think you should be able to use your previous ime as it was done within the past five years.

Jan 11, 2023
Yeah I’m inland. Thanks. It was an outright refusal - very expensive lesson learnt. I’m reapplying excluding all my foreign experience with just Canadian experience. Hoping the next draw is below my score, I’m at 509 now.