+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND CEC: AOR in NOV or DEC (let's share our progress)

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
Hello Everyone:

I realized that, like myself, there are many applicants out there who have been living, working and may have studied in Canada. You've recently qualified or finally decided to take advantage of the opportunity to apply to become a PR under the new express entry system.

From my observation however, it appears that processing times for us CEC inlanders has slowed down. I am yet to see any Nov or Dec AORs who have received their PR status. So I have decided to create this area just for us to track our progress and to consult and console each other.

It's not too ambitious for us to expect PR at this point if you have applied in Nov or early to mid Dec. I am seeing Outlanders who have similar timelines who have begun to receive PR. It would seem as if CIC has placed a higher priority on PR for outlanders.

Lets connect with me and talk! Feel free to share your story.

Peace and Love....and GOD BLESS! :D

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
Good idea, I did see outlander get PPR within two months. Thats incredible.... I got ITA and AOR in early Jan 2016 but just got refused for BOWP in FEB 2016, had to restore to be a VISITOR here, thats soo sad that I had to stop my employment, which caused a futune for my employer as my job has lots of responsibilities.

forbetterlife

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
daomingli said:
Good idea, I did see outlander get PPR within two months. Thats incredible.... I got ITA and AOR in early Jan 2016 but just got refused for BOWP in FEB 2016, had to restore to be a VISITOR here, thats soo sad that I had to stop my employment, which caused a futune for my employer as my job has lots of responsibilities.
Since you got AOR in early Jan, why did you get refused for BOWP? Thanks.

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
forbetterlife said:
this is a post i just did, i am wondering it too!!!

So I got ITA on Jan 13 2016 and AOR on Jan 20 2016. Today my BOWP application got rejected and the reason is you have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for bridging open work permit because positive eligibility assessment on your APR is not passed yet.

Can anyone tell me why? and what is R 10? Can I apply to restore to argue to get a BOWP??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forbetterlife said:
They got refused for BOWP (applied in Oct '15) because their PGWP expired in Nov '15 while they got their ITA in Jan '16. One of the criteria for BOWP application is to have an eAPR which, in their case, was missing when they applied in Oct '15.

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
They got refused for BOWP (applied in Oct '15) because their PGWP expired in Nov '15 while they got their ITA in Jan '16. One of the criteria for BOWP application is to have an eAPR which, in their case, was missing when they applied in Oct '15.
dear lord, thanks for showing up SIR!!! I was waiting for you!!!!! You really hit the point, so what should I do then? Can I explain that I am invited now and my company really needs me right now for a lot of big projects? Do you think in any way, i can get a BOWP?? Sir I am begging you to inspire me on this situation. Can I change their mind?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daomingli said:
dear lord, thanks for showing up SIR!!! I was waiting for you!!!!! You really hit the point, so what should I do then? Can I explain that I am invited now and my company really needs me right now for a lot of big projects? Do you think in any way, i can get a BOWP?? Sir I am begging you to inspire me on this situation. Can I change their mind?
You can certainly try but be prepared to hit a roadblock. You had sent in a flawed application the last time around so there is really no case for it to be reopened now in the light of new circumstances.

As others have recommended, apply for visitor status right away without losing time so that you can continue to live (not work) in Canada till your PR decision is finalized. Else you can take a sabbatical, go home and wait for the PR decision to come along.

All the best!

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
You can certainly try but be prepared to hit a roadblock. You had sent in a flawed application the last time around so there is really no case for it to be reopened now in the light of new circumstances.

As others have recommended, apply for visitor status right away without losing time so that you can continue to live (not work) in Canada till your PR decision is finalized. Else you can take a sabbatical, go home and wait for the PR decision to come along.

All the best!

Sir do you think it is a good idea to hire an immigration lawyer for this situation? And someone even suggests me to go ask help from a MP.... Do you think it is a good idea???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daomingli said:
Sir do you think it is a good idea to hire an immigration lawyer for this situation? And someone even suggests me to go ask help from a MP.... Do you think it is a good idea???
Not a bad idea if you know a reliable lawyer. They might be able to help you with available options such as restoration or TRP (very unlikely, still an option).

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
daomingli said:
daomingli here is what I would do if I was in your situation (and I am advising based on my experiences with CIC). If you have not applied for a visitor’s visa yet – do so ASAP!!! In your visitor’s visa application write a letter of explanation. In this letter you should outline:
1) How long you have been in Canada
2) Your former employment in Canada (also stating clearing you have stopped working since your work permit expired)
3) That even though you are applying for a visitor visa you are asking if it would be possible to reopen the application for your BOWP – reason being you are being you have a ITA and your employers were really dependent on you.
4) I would say has a final point (just to demonstrate your willingness to comply with Immigration laws) That if the officer sees it best that I go back to my home country as final option and wait for a decision I am willing to do so, so that I don’t violate any conditions allowing me to stay in Canada.

At the beginning of your letter, sincerely thank the officer for considering you as an applicant and the opportunity to have worked and study in Canada. And end your letter by saying if the officer need any further information to assist in making a decision you are willing to assist.

Do you need a lawyer? No I don’t think so. I have wrote similar letters personally over and over and gotten good results. Immigration officers are human too and if you write a good genuine letter of explanation and don’t withhold any info from them – they are often lenient and try to help you as best as possible.

Just my two cents….hope it helps. Get at it right always tough!

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
BTW guys I have seen at least two CEC inlanders with November AORs that have gotten their PR's in February. I think it took about 98 days on average for these individuals.

If this is the case for some of us we should be seeing PR in March.

Let's keep trusting God and help out each other.

Peace and Love! :D

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
Ontariolove said:
BTW guys I have seen at least two CEC inlanders with November AORs that have gotten their PR's in February. I think it took about 98 days on average for these individuals.

If this is the case for some of us we should be seeing PR in March.

Let's keep trusting God and help out each other.

Peace and Love! :D
CEC Inland- 493 score
ITA - 13th Nov
AOR - 11th Dec
Medicals- 23rd Dec
BG status (in progress)- 23rd Dec
BG status (Not needed)- 17th Jan

No updates since then

Short and simple time line :D

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
CEC Inland (with LMIA) - 952 score (approx score as can't remember exact ::))
ITA - 23rd October
AOR - 14 December
Meds Passed - 21st December
Additional docs req & sent - 23rd December
BG check - 'in progress' 5th January, back to 'not needed' 18th January

No updates since then. Keeping our fingers crossed we get PPR soon, WP expires 27 July and hoping we don't need to apply for a bridging one.

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
vineshparekh said:
CEC Inland- 493 score
ITA - 13th Nov
AOR - 11th Dec
Medicals- 23rd Dec
BG status (in progress)- 23rd Dec
BG status (Not needed)- 17th Jan

No updates since then

Short and simple time line :D
Nice high score my friend! Looks like your timeline is about a week or two ahead of mine so as soon as you get any updates keep us informed. You may be the one to break the pack with the good news of PR from this group. 8)

Ontariolove

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
21-12-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-5-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
As some of you may have noticed, from observation or personal experience, another common thread and challenge for us CEC-inclanders is the fact that a lot of us became qualified for PR close to the expiry date of or PGWP. Or some may have had a previous PR application rejected after being in process for months. Now you’re trying to reapply – but your work permit is a few months away from being expired.

Consequently a lot of us are concerned about the timing of a decision being made on our PR application and our PGWP expiring.

If you are anyone is experience this challenge please share your comments, suggestions and thoughts.

We don’t have as much flexibility in terms of renewal or bridging work permits. These options are limited from my understanding so I would be really helpful if you could share your personal experience to assist those experiencing any problems.

Thanks for your help

(Please rate if you find these discussions helpful)