+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Applications - Landing Interview at CIC Etobicoke

Terry84

Apr 16, 2011
Hi All

I am not able to find any latest (2011) question or thread regarding Landing Interviews at CIC Etobicoke, so starting this one where Inland applicants of 2010 and 2011 can benefit.

I got my AIP in Dec 2010 and Decision made in last week of January 2011 with a letter from CIC Vegreville, indicating Medicals have been received, Decision has been made and CIC Mississauga will contact you. After few weeks I called Customer service and they told me CIC Mississauga is no longer conducting Landing Interviews and all files are automatically transferred to CIC Etobicoke and waiting time is 6-8 week from Decision Made (DM) date.

Its 11 week now since DM letter and nothing is happening, My eCAS status is same = 'Decision Made', Customer service has the same answer = "Wait for few more weeks"

Can anyone help / update me what is happening at CIC Etobicoke regarding Landing Interviews,
How long is the waiting time?
Is there chances of file still sitting at CIC Mississauga?
Why is the delay ?

My timelines are
Applied Inland - March 2010
OWP & AIP - Dec 2010
Decision Made - End of Jan 2011
since then waiting, waiting ......

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Terry84 said:
Hi All

I am not able to find any latest (2011) question or thread regarding Landing Interviews at CIC Etobicoke, so starting this one where Inland applicants of 2010 and 2011 can benefit.

I got my AIP in Dec 2010 and Decision made in last week of January 2011 with a letter from CIC Vegreville, indicating Medicals have been received, Decision has been made and CIC Mississauga will contact you. After few weeks I called Customer service and they told me CIC Mississauga is no longer conducting Landing Interviews and all files are automatically transferred to CIC Etobicoke and waiting time is 6-8 week from Decision Made (DM) date.

Its 11 week now since DM letter and nothing is happening, My eCAS status is same = 'Decision Made', Customer service has the same answer = "Wait for few more weeks"

Can anyone help / update me what is happening at CIC Etobicoke regarding Landing Interviews,
How long is the waiting time?
Is there chances of file still sitting at CIC Mississauga?
Why is the delay ?

My timelines are
Applied Inland - March 2010
OWP & AIP - Dec 2010
Decision Made - End of Jan 2011
since then waiting, waiting ......
Hi Terry84 ,

I answered your private message but it was returned to me because it says that your mailbox is full. please delete some messages so that i can re send it to you. cheers

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
dimka said:
Hi Inlandappl,
Can you send me the details as well. I am in a very similiar situation.
i sent you a message

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Would help to know the timeline ...my app is at the Etobicoke office except my situation is different.

KAUR82

Jan 21, 2011
Hi all,

I am in the same boat, does anyone have any clue, regarding the timelines for landing interview at CIC Etobicoke??

Material

Feb 16, 2011
KAUR82 said:
Hi all,

I am in the same boat, does anyone have any clue, regarding the timelines for landing interview at CIC Etobicoke??
No idea , I hope its not too long thuogh

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
BelieveinGod said:
Inlandappl, any news yet? I'm also waiting on Etobicoke.
No, I'M not waiting on etobicoke , my CIC office is montreal but i have no news of a landing appintment yet, i guess it will be soon

Terry84

Apr 16, 2011
BelieveinGod said:
Inlandappl, any news yet? I'm also waiting on Etobicoke.
@ BelieveinGod. What are your timelines, when did you receive AIP and Final decision ??
I called Call center and everytime, they have the same reply, call us back in 30 days ???

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Terry84 said:
@ BelieveinGod. What are your timelines, when did you receive AIP and Final decision ??
I called Call center and everytime, they have the same reply, call us back in 30 days ???
Have you received your landing interview letter yet?

Terry84

Apr 16, 2011
Not yet. waiting since Feb.... everyday I open the letter box with full hope to see brown colored envelope!!!!

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
I have a similar question, how long it takes to receive a letter from Etobicoke office regarding landing interviews from the date of decision made for the second stage? I hope to get an idea from members who had experience from Etobicoke office. I got a decision made for the second stage today, the waiting continue patiently for the landing interview date.

Terry84

Apr 16, 2011
Hi Waitin_Vain,

Congrats for the 2nd Stage Approval. My experience with Etobicoke office was mixed. Neither bad nor good.

It took me around 4.5 month from 2nd stage to Landing. Wait was painful, landing interview and process was sweet.

I used to call CIC customer service every 15 days and after 1.5 months (6 weeks or around after 3 calls) CIC C.Service told me they are emailing the local Etobicoke office to check the status and I should receive a letter for Landing interview. Nothing happened, I called them again after 30 days and was told, I need to wait for 30 business days. Nothing happened. By now, it was 3 months. Called CIC again and was told this is getting delayed and I should give another 15 days else they will send 2nd email.

Nothing happened, Called CIC and they sent 2nd email, it was around 3.5 months by now. Within 12 days from 2nd email, I got a letter for landing interview and I got 10 days notice.

On Landing day, there was a list, Lady at the reception counter checked our letter, verified the name, asked for landing fees (We didn't submitted earlier) and then we were told to wait. About 30 mins later, I was called with my spouse. At the 2nd counter, our ID's were checked, few simple questions like if I had criminal history or pending charges etc were asked. Few Question from my spouse were asked, like willingness to undertake the sponsorhsip, any criminal or pending charges etc. Thats it...

Were we given COPR and were told to check the information, sign it and Welcome to Canada. "You are now a landed Immigrants..........."

We applied for SIN # there only (they have Service Canada counter).. whole process took about 1.5 hours

My Advice, keep checking with CIC, don't frustrate them, everytime you call, be polite (they are just call center) and express your concern, that its getting late etc. Go by their advice, if they say call after 15 days, don't call earlier, they have everything in notes. Etobicoke office is one of the busiest CIC office, with so many different type of cases and limited staff, It takes time....

I have heard stories where Landing interview came in 4 weeks. You never know, you may be 1 of them. Good Luck and congrats again.. It is just a matter of time now....