+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
harpreetsaini690 said:
guys, how much time it takes for DM after AIP......thanks
I didn't get AIP, however, I got a letter from cic asking for additional proof of me and my wife relationship, the deadline of submitting that was on 20 May, we waited 8 weeks just to get DM

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Voong said:
I didn't get AIP, however, I got a letter from cic asking for additional proof of me and my wife relationship, the deadline of submitting that was on 20 May, we waited 8 weeks just to get DM
yeh nice... Am so happy for you. Now you shld have settled mind and ur landing will surely go well.

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
lexxy said:
yeh nice... Am so happy for you. Now you shld have settled mind and ur landing will surely go well.
may i asked what type of question i will be asked during the landing interview ?

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
Finally We had our landing interview this morning and it went well. My Hubby's BIG Day today as he finally landed. He has new SIN # :) and Health Card.

Quick interview it took us for 5 mins.
Just 3 questions and then done.

Thank you for all your support.

Good Luck your time will come very soon.

We are god to go for vacation next month without his PR Card. We will apply travel document as soon as we arrived in FIJI.

Good Luck everyone

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Congrats to all who received DM!

Can_2016 said:
Landed today!!! Standard 3 questions to PA and 1 question to the Sponsor.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
What are the standard questions?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
browning911 said:
Congrats to all who received DM!

What are the standard questions?
1. How many players on a hockey team?

2. What is Poutine?

3. Can you spell `Eh'.

Sorry...I just had to. :)

1. Have you committed a crime?

2. Have you been asked to leave Canada?

3. Has your family status, or relationship with your sponsor, changed (marriage, separation, divorce)?

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Voong said:
may i asked what type of question i will be asked during the landing interview ?
just three questions... Two to the applicant and one to the sponsor! Do you have any dependant other than those listed in your application and have you been charged or convicted of a crime or offence in any country, refused admission to canada or required to leave canada... Those are the questions that u will asked and will be on your COPR. For the sponsor just if she understands what the sponsorship is all about and they will certainly brief you guy on it. Best of luck

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lexxy said:
just three questions... Two to the applicant and one to the sponsor! Do you have any dependant other than those listed in your application and have you been charged or convicted of a crime or offence in any country, refused admission to canada or required to leave canada... Those are the questions that u will asked and will be on your COPR. For the sponsor just if she understands what the sponsorship is all about and they will certainly brief you guy on it. Best of luck
It amazing how many times the sponsor isn't asked that all important question. Sometimes, the sponsor isn't asked anything at all!

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
@ ponga! yes true they dint ask during my landing I just wrote that just in case.. They might and might not.

Jun 10, 2016
fupsik said:
So starting today, I'm a Permanent Resident of Canada!

Here is how it went:
We arrived a bit too early, 7-40, and waited outside of the building till 8. We presented our invitation letter to the security guy and entered. On the second floor we showed the letter once again, the security/receptionist guy took it from us and told us to sit down and wait in the hall. In 10 minutes or so we were invited by a nice lady and followed her inside of the CIC open work space, to her desk. She took all the papers from me: passport - old one with my initial entry stamp and a current one, CSQ, photos, visitor visa record (she asked for all the records that I had and never gave them back to me - she said they should be destroyed), receipt for $490. She never asked for any other papers or proofs. Here are the questions that she asked:
1. Are me and my sponsor still together
2. My current address
3. She asked my sponsor if he still wants to sponsor me for the next three years
4. If I ever committed any crimes
5. If I have dependent children outside of Canada
6. She asked my sponsor and me about our jobs, not sure why she asked me (she asked if I was in HR), because she knew I couldn't work yet.

She didn't ask anything else at all. Actually, she had quite a lot of information about me prepared: my height, my eye color, my first entry, my profession, etc.!

Then she left for about 10 minutes to prepare a confirmation of permanent residence paper (the one she prepared for our interview contained my old passport number, and though I sent a new passport to CIC, she didn't get it). My husband supposed we could be filmed and watched during this time and got angry with me for a joke I've made (about our possible fraud, which we are not))). But anyway, she returned with 2 copies of the paper, I signed both and got one of them. She said to keep it safe because I will need it through out my life, even when I apply for pension... She congratulated me many times, told us about citizenship, SIN, medical insurance and answered the questions we had. She said that it will take about 3 months for my resident card to arrive in the mail, because they have a lot of requests right now. She also said that the laws for citizenship changed recently and they only count years now starting from the date when you become a resident... She was pretty warm and welcoming!

She also said I could travel now, even without my PR card, just to get back to Canada I have to go to Canadian embassy and they will stamp my passport with visa in an hour or so.

This is Montreal office. No dress code needed, come in slippers and jeans! Everything took us about 30 min.

I wish everyone good luck!!!!!
Hello fupsik how long have you wait from DM to receive the landing interview in montreal I just received my DM today please and thank you

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question.

My wife is a Permanent Resident but we are still waiting for the PR card.

We might travel but we might not have the PR card in time.

She is from a visa exempt country.

My question is, will she have trouble traveling?

Will her COPR be enough for her to travel?

Will she have any issues re-entering Canada?

Thanks for your help everyone.

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
Toronto84 said:
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question.

My wife is a Permanent Resident but we are still waiting for the PR card.

We might travel but we might not have the PR card in time.

She is from a visa exempt country.

My question is, will she have trouble traveling?

Will her COPR be enough for her to travel?

Will she have any issues re-entering Canada?

Thanks for your help everyone.
I am in the EXACT position she is now. I have just landed this 14th July and have already bought the tickets in advance for Vegas this August 27th. The PR card is expected on September. I will answer this the way the Border Patrol explained it to me before when I travelled without a TRV.

The COPR is NOT a valid travel document. It also says so in the paper. BUT. If you were only travelling by private car on land to cross the border coming back, then they only need her COPR and passport.

If by commercial plane, they need to see that she has a valid passport if she comes from eTA or visa exempt countries. An airplane company doesn't have authority or access to see if she has PR status or not.

Her main problem is with the Border Patrol when she lands. They will look for the PR card if she is already PR or a PRTD (Permanent Residence travel document) which she can ONLY apply for outside of Canada. If not, then it might be possible they will refer her to immigration OR refuse entry (which also they also have a right to do so). Border Patrol/Customs doesn't have full access to the file unlike Immigration does. Border Patrol depends more on what they can actually see like a visa in the passport or PR card.

Wes2016

Mar 2, 2016
Hi All,

Did my landing interview on July 13th. So happy that theres no more waiting. Thanks to all for your reply and suggestions when needed. Thank you.

My Timeline is as follow:

Application received: Nov 03, 2014
Request for fingerprints: Feb 18, 2016
Medical Request: Apr 19, 2016
Decision Made: Jun 09, 2016
Landing Interview: July 13, 2016

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello everybody!

I just landed today in Vancouver office. The officer advised me not to travel anywhere before getting the PR Card. We got the landing appointment 1 week after the DM :)))))