Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-14
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2014
Voong said:
TWICE???? THAT'S INSANE. I'm assuming all the documents that you send at the first time is not enough? may i know what kind of documents did you send for the second time ?
The first time we were asked for proof in February, we sent joint bank accounts and letters that came to the house from friends and family abroad and 3 affidavits from friends... In April they wrote back saying they're still not satisfied and to send a detailed summary of relationship beginning from the time we met until we got married, 15 to 20 pictures (including wedding pics and pictures from the time we applied till now and also letters that came to our home with both of our names on it... so we sent back 30 pictures... letters from Revenue Quebec with applicant's name and the complete lease( which only had the sponsor's name) but with 2 letters from 2014 and 2015 in which the landlord wrote that apart from an increase in rent nothing in the lease will be changed until Nov 2016, when it would be time for renewal (that was to show the reason why applicant's name wasn't on the lease). We also sent a letter from landlord saying applicant and sponsor lives together. ;D :D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
sniper23 said:
How long after becomeing a permanent residence can i wait to sponsor my parents
The guide says nothing about the 5 year ban that is in effect for the spousal sponsorship, so I believe that you can sponsor them as soon as you can provide three years of Notices of Assessments with acceptable figures. Even your spouse should be able to co-sign. That's the only restriction I found:
You may NOT sponsor if you are in default of an undertaking, an immigration loan, a performance bond, or family support payments.
(I would recommend to ask your question in the PGP thread, I'm sure they know it better)

pichratana

Feb 11, 2016
does anyone know how long people usually get pr card after they landing? Because since now still not receive pr card yet, I landed since April 27, it is been 54 days already.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
pichratana said:
does anyone know how long people usually get pr card after they landing? Because since now still not receive pr card yet, I landed since April 27, it is been 54 days already.
It usually takes between 40 and 400 days.

naviboy

Apr 29, 2016
Hi Pichratna
My wife landed on April 19 at Etobicoke and we just received her PR Card yesterday. The card was printed on June 14. So yours should be on its way soon. naviboy

pichratana said:

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
annakrystyna13 said:
I'm assuming you are still waiting for your card?
Of course I am.

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
Updating: just got AIP and DM!

Application received = Nov 26, 2014
Medical done = Mar 20, 2016
AIP and DM = June 22, 2016

Many thanks to those of you who replied to my earlier questions!!!

Now we are instructed to wait till Calgary office contacts us for landing interview. Anyone in Calgary (or AB) who could share experience on how long it took to get the interview scheduled?

Also, for the landing interview, what are the documents that are required to bring along? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share the list of documents required on the letter, so that I could start preparing. Many thanks!!!

Can_2016

May 17, 2016
tuscanysun said:
Updating: just got AIP and DM!

Application received = Nov 26, 2014
Medical done = Mar 20, 2016
AIP and DM = June 22, 2016

Many thanks to those of you who replied to my earlier questions!!!

Now we are instructed to wait till Calgary office contacts us for landing interview. Anyone in Calgary (or AB) who could share experience on how long it took to get the interview scheduled?

Also, for the landing interview, what are the documents that are required to bring along? I would greatly appreciate it if someone could share the list of documents required on the letter, so that I could start preparing. Many thanks!!!
Congratulations :) Did you ever receive SA?

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
sniper23 said:
How long after becomeing a permanent residence can i wait to sponsor my parents
I became a PR via spouse sponsorship last year and I applied to sponsor my parents this year. So long as you can show the required income for the past three tax years.

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
Hello There,

We are applying TRV for my husband as we haven't received our landing interview yet, nor DM.

We are travelling on August and we would like to make sure he can return back to canada.

While filling up the form, there is one question that we are so unsure what to answer.

* Have you previously applied t enter or remain in canada? *

As our Spousal sponsorship still on process and my hubby received open permit too is that consider as applied to remain in canada or what/

Please anyone can assist me on this.

Thank you

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
Can_2016 said:
Congratulations :) Did you ever receive SA?
Thanks!

What we got yesterday were two emails (less than ten minutes apart): one is to the sponsor so that should be SA; the other one is to me which reads like a DM because it says my application is now complete, and that the Calgary office is going to contact me for landing interview. (That is a DM right? Sorry I am still rather confused of the terms....)

For the landing interview, do we need to show joint account documents? My wife and I do not have joint banking account yet...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuscanysun said:
Thanks!

What we got yesterday were two emails (less than ten minutes apart): one is to the sponsor so that should be SA; the other one is to me which reads like a DM because it says my application is now complete, and that the Calgary office is going to contact me for landing interview. (That is a DM right? Sorry I am still rather confused of the terms....)

For the landing interview, do we need to show joint account documents? My wife and I do not have joint banking account yet...
Congrats...this is your DM.

You only need to bring the items that will be listed on your landing appointment/interview letter.

tuscanysun

Apr 27, 2016
Ponga said:
Congrats...this is your DM.

You only need to bring the items that will be listed on your landing appointment/interview letter.
Thanks! Good to know that. (So I guess there is no AIP for my case...)

Anybody has the landing appointment/interview letter to share what are the items required to bring?