+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone,

Everything went well today and my wife is now a Permanent Resident of Canada.

We are very happy.

Good luck everyone!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hellocanada!! said:
:eek: how long do you take to receive the actual mail ?
Theoretically, 3 to 4 days longer than it takes for email...

In practice, months or years longer.
Sometimes CIC forgets to mail things, forgets to create documents, mails your stuff to the wrong applicant, etc.
You know, that kinds of things you could expect of a bag of lobotomized doorknobs.

Also, in interest of "efficiency" they don't track anything, there's no notes, nothing.
If they don't mail something they don't have any idea that they didn't, all they know is that something maybe was supposed to be sent to you at some point in time, but maybe it's not ready to be sent yet, or maybe it did get sent, or maybe a swimming rabbit is attacking Jimmy Carter.
You could literally be talking to an agent *while* the post is delivered to your house, complete with the document you've been waiting for, and the call center won't even know if that document was even created yet.

So so so stupid.

Wes2016

Mar 2, 2016
Hello All,

I got my decision made on June 09, 2016. Can someone help me with my doubt that if I and my sponsor can go to my home country before getting PR card or not?

Thank You.

Mumay1829

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NOC Code......
Open Permit Received Issued on May 20 and received on May 30
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 19, 2014- CIC received Dec 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
PCI request on May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 27, 2015
Med's Request
March 20, 2016
Med's Done....
March 29, 2016- Received from ECAS
Interview........
July 14, 2016
LANDED..........
July 14, 2016 :) Yaaaaas
Wes2016 said:
Hello All,

I got my decision made on June 09, 2016. Can someone help me with my doubt that if I and my sponsor can go to my home country before getting PR card or not?

Thank You.
Hi Wes2016,

What is your timeline? Yes you can go to your home country and apply for PRTD (Permanent residence Travel document) when you arrived at your home country to able to re enter canada while waiting or your PR card.

That is what we are going to do as well for my hubby. We are going on vacation as well.

Please send your timeline.

Thank you

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Wes2016 said:
Hello All,

Thank You.
You are not a PR until you officially land as PR. DM does not means you are PR. So you cannot get a PR card with a DM.

You can go to your home country for a visit but be aware that your landing letter may arrive while you are outside Canada and may even miss your landing appointment. Or worst get denied re-entry into canada. It is a small risk to make whenever one travels outside Canada.

Wes2016

Mar 2, 2016
screech339 said:
You are not a PR until you officially land as PR. DM does not means you are PR. So you cannot get a PR card with a DM.

You can go to your home country for a visit but be aware that your landing letter may arrive while you are outside Canada and may even miss your landing appointment. Or worst get denied re-entry into canada. It is a small risk to make whenever one travels outside Canada.
Thank you for your reply.

That means I can go to my home country after getting Landing interview done and submit my passport for PR card after coming back from there?
Also, can you please tell how long to get landing interview?

Wes2016

Mar 2, 2016
Mumay1829 said:
Hi Wes2016,

What is your timeline? Yes you can go to your home country and apply for PRTD (Permanent residence Travel document) when you arrived at your home country to able to re enter canada while waiting or your PR card.

That is what we are going to do as well for my hubby. We are going on vacation as well.

Thank you
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My Timeline is as follow:

Application received: Nov 03, 2014
Request for fingerprints: Feb 18, 2016
Medical Request: Apr 19, 2016
Decision Made: Jun 09, 2016

Thank you

Wes2016

Mar 2, 2016
Mumay1829 said:
Hi Wes2016,

Thank you
Hi Mumay1829,

Thanks once again. Can you please also share the processing time for PRTD?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Wes2016 said:
Thank you for your reply.

That means I can go to my home country after getting Landing interview done and submit my passport for PR card after coming back from there?
Also, can you please tell how long to get landing interview?
Each Landing Office has it own processing time for landing interview after DM. So I cannot tell you how long you are expected to land after DM.

Once you land as PR, you can leave Canada before getting PR card. If you are from Visa exempt country, you can still use your passport to fly back to Canada. Just let the airline know you are visiting Canada. Once in Canada, CBSA can determine your PR status and let you in.

If you are from a non-visa exempt country, you would need a PRTD (PR travel document) to be able to fly back to Canada.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Wes2016 - just to summarize for you...
-DM doesn't mean you are PR, so travelling can be risky
-you need to get your landing invitation and appointment and go land to become officially a PR.
-At that landing they will then submit info for your PR card. At the landing you will get a CoPR document (Confirmation of PR)
-After that landing interview you are free to travel even without the PR card that may take a couple months to arrive.
-If you are from a country that does require a visa to visit Canada, then yes as soon as you arrive in your vacation country you must go apply for the PRTD (PR travel document) from a Canadian embassy/consulate. Not sure how long that takes to get.
-If you don't need a visa, then you don't need a PRTD.
-When you board the plane to return to Canada, use your passport (and PRTD if needed) to "visit" Canada.
-When you arrive back in Canada the CBSA officials will use your CoPR document and passport and they can see in their system that you are a PR and welcome you in.

Hope that helps!

khurram arif

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Pakistan rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
FEB 2016
AOR Received.
04 Feb 2014
File Transfer...
26 Feb 2014
Med's Request
SEP 2015
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
JAN 2016
Passport Req..
InshahAllah
VISA ISSUED...
InshahAllah
LANDED..........
InshahAllah
Hi,
I did my interview in Jan 2016 and after they required some additional documents in Feb 2016 since then a complete silance from LVO me and my wife decided to go to MP she gave appointment 09 may 2016 my wife went there and gave her all details about our case she connected over the phone to cic and asked them about our case they said they have done all the investigation about our case and they passed my eligibility (applicant ) and now they are doing background checks and I received my gcms notes they sended my original documents to my wife in canada on 16 may 2016 but we haven't received yet
now I have two questions
1) how long they gonna take to check my backgrounds
2) we haven't received our original documents
thank you in anticipation

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Hi guys!
So i landed in the 8th of April and my PR card arrived in the mail today.
Thanks once again as you have all contributed one way or the other on my journey of becoming a PR most especially Sophiee. You're the best

Can_2016

May 17, 2016
I just received my GCMS notes and it says " Fingerprints Required" however they did not send an email requesting it. The Police certificate from my country were sent with the application. What does this mean and should I wait till I get a request?

Application received = Dec 08, 2014
Meds request = Mar 9
SA = Jun 1st
No AIP or DM yet

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Can_2016 said:
I just received my GCMS notes and it says " Fingerprints Required" however they did not send an email requesting it. The Police certificate from my country were sent with the application. What does this mean and should I wait till I get a request?

Application received = Dec 08, 2014
Meds request = Mar 9
SA = Jun 1st
No AIP or DM yet
They may have already sent you the request, emails from IRCC "get lost" quite easily. I think you should go to the local police station ASAP, get your fingerprints taken and send it to IRCC with an explanation that you have never received the request and you became aware of it only after you received your notes.