Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Toronto84 said:
Exact same thing happened to us.

We called CIC today and the agent we spoke to advised that our landing interview is tomorrow and that the person who was to send us the landing interview letter forgot to send it last week.

The agent tried reaching their office to advise but they couldn't reach anyone.

The agent advised us to attend tomorrow and to bring everything with us.

Can anyone please advise what we are supposed to typically bring?

Photos for the PR card, passports, letters and documents and payment receipt.

Also, our office is the Etobicoke office, is this the correct address for landing interviews:

5353 Dundas Street West
Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5

Thank you
That's outrageous...
This is the list that was asked from me:

 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;

 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the specifications on the reverse to the photographer. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

 Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Toronto84 said:

We called CIC today and the agent we spoke to advised that our landing interview is tomorrow and that the person who was to send us the landing interview letter forgot to send it last week.

There's usually a time too you know? This is the height of incompetence. Good luck on your landing.

Also, our office is the Etobicoke office, is this the correct address for landing interviews:

5353 Dundas Street West
Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5

Thank you

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
sophieee said:
That's outrageous...

 A valid passport, identity or travel document; if you were previously advised that you are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;

 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the specifications on the reverse to the photographer. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

 Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record)

Question regarding the proof of payment, is that the $1040 fee that being paid to cic? what if we lost that receipt ?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Voong said:
Question regarding the proof of payment, is that the $1040 fee that being paid to cic? what if we lost that receipt ?
You should have a copy in your email, from this address: epayment@cic.gc.ca

hellocanada!!

Jan 8, 2016
Hi everyone, does anyone know how long does it takes to receive a DM letter once the DM letter is sent? And where does the DM letter sent from?Local office? Thanks

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
sophieee said:
That's outrageous...

Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
hellocanada!! said:
Hi everyone, does anyone know how long does it takes to receive a DM letter once the DM letter is sent? And where does the DM letter sent from?Local office? Thanks
Usually it comes via email.

nicky54

Apr 2, 2015
nicky54 said:
just an update on my timeline

Sep 9 2014 applicant
SA on April 21 2016
no AIP
DM letter in email on May 3rd 2016

letter says Vancouver office will contact us for interview.

it's been 5 weeks and we haven't got any mail letter/emails about the interview. i've seen some people getting interview like a week after DM letter. kinda worried now.

is it possible that they call us and we missed the call?

or can you call the local office and ask?
called cic this morning and asked about this. told the agent DM letter was sent 5 weeks ago but never got anything from Vancouver office. the agent told us Vancouver office wait time is about 3 weeks..so agent sent a note to Vancouver office and told them about our case and have them schedule an interview....we've got landing interview email 2 hours later....gonna be next Friday June 17.

so i'd say make a call if it's been a while and you haven't got anything. keep calling till you get a nicer agent.. my wife called yesterday and that agent just gave her "oh it's 26 months process, you'll just have to wait" answer

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
sophieee said:
That's outrageous...

Hi Sophiee

Quick question, We spoke to the VO and she waiving Passport request for my husband since his passport is with CBSA, She told us to wait for Landing appointment letter, If we don't have the passport can my husband still get landed?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maggie03 said:
Hi Sophiee

Quick question, We spoke to the VO and she waiving Passport request for my husband since his passport is with CBSA, She told us to wait for Landing appointment letter, If we don't have the passport can my husband still get landed?
Usually, CBSA sends the passport directly to CIC and it's waiting for the applicant at the landing interview.

He will NOT be able to land without a valid passport.

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
Our situation is we received passport request from CIC, but my husband passport is with CBSA since he still waiting for his refugee hearing, So we wrote a letter requesting passport and the VO called us and told that there is no way CBSA going to release his passport so she is waiving the valid passport request and ask to wait for landing interview letter, Kinda confused now

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hellocanada!! said:
I know. Just wonder the situation which DM comes via mail.
Our DM came via normal mail.

It's a fantastic mystery how it ever arrived at all.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Toronto84 said:

5353 Dundas Street West
Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5

Thank you
CIC needs to go into the garbage.

We need a new ministry, start from scratch.