+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello everybody its me again, i'm still concerned about cic requested for more evidence of our relationship, is there any possibility that cic will refuse my application if i do not have enough documents sending to them in 30 days?

For now i have:
-Photo of me and my wife after the marriage (e.g Trips, party that we have been to)
-A joint account (Statement of the money has been used after the marriage)
-Some messages or call showing that we been texting and calling everybody these 2 years
-Some mails that send to us that show the same address
-Some government issued documents that show our address
-Our cheques that have both of our name printed on
-Tax paper that we did for these 2 years together

However, i do not have the leasing paper saying that we rent the house together. :(

do you think what i listed above is strong enough to make cic believe us ?

2015daisy

Feb 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
sent with app
I got my aip !!! What does this mean ?? Someone please explain. What does it mean that the first stage is approved?

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
2015daisy said:
I got my aip !!! What does this mean ?? Someone please explain. What does it mean that the first stage is approved?
Congrats!! AIP is application in process, so you are onto the next step. If you got AIP then your sponsor has been approved and they're now working on your portion of the application.

2015daisy

Feb 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
sent with app
does aip mean that the 'genuiness of realtionship' part is done ? or are they now going to look at that part after aip... they didnt ask me for additional proof yet ? i am nervous because i dont have many new things to send them other then a couple of photographs and a whole lot of phone calls

MapleOakLife said:
Congrats!! AIP is application in process, so you are onto the next step. If you got AIP then your sponsor has been approved and they're now working on your portion of the application.

Diva Diva

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
2015daisy said:
does aip mean that the 'genuiness of realtionship' part is done ? or are they now going to look at that part after aip... they didnt ask me for additional proof yet ? i am nervous because i dont have many new things to send them other then a couple of photographs and a whole lot of phone calls
AIP is called Approval In Principle

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone,

We got a decision made and we will be contacted shortly to have an appointment.

I do have a question about the landing interview.

I know they will ask a few questions and one of the questions could be "did you ever leave Canada during the process?".

My wife and I left Canada only once and it was for a short time for personal reasons.

If they ask us this question and we advise them that we left only once for a short period of time, will they be fine with it or will they question us extensively of this?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lioness01 said:
Hi everyone
Can I get ohip with decision made letter?
I've been hearing that you can get it with the AIP letter.

Here's a post from the Inland 2015 thread:
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, it looks like you are eligible with your AIP (this is from the service ontario website):

Am I eligible for Ontario Health Insurance?
You may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) if you are included under one of the following categories:

you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, landed immigrant or are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act;
you have submitted an application for permanent residence in Canada, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada has confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada;

The documentation for OHIP is extrememly strict, so make sure you have the right stuff. They will NOT accept bank statements that are printed out or stamped by the bank. IT must be a statement that is MAILED to you. this is one of the biggest issues people have, and they have to go back 2-3 times.

Go here for the list (you will need to copy and paste the entire line, for some reason it doesn't link correctly):

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Lioness01 said:
Hi everyone
You can apparently also get it by sending a letter of complaint to Health Ontario stating that the official guidelines state you can apply directly after taking up residence in Ontario, not "permanent residence", just "residence".

You'll find there's no hard and fast rules. Take anything you have, go to Service Ontario and see if you can trick them.

That's all you really need to do to get OHIP, just trick someone.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
kami0018 said:
Hi,

I am waiting to hear from Etobicoke office. I just have a question for you, in their letter did they tell you what documents to bring to the interview? Because in my DM letter they just said to bring my passport.
I believe you should receive another letter with instructions regarding the interview. We landed at the Etobicoke office and the letter asked to bring:
For the applicant: Passport, Proof of Address, PR Pictures, Confirmation that Landing Fee has been paid
For the sponsor: Proof of identity and proof of address.
Also, at the interview they asked for my Canadian Citizenship Certificate, but I did not have it since they did not request that in the letter.
So it's better to bring extra documents to make sure things go smoothly.
Make sure the applicant and the sponsor both attend. Good Luck!

JessK

Feb 22, 2016
Lioness01 said:
Hi everyone
Hello,

You can get OHIP with AIP letter. I got health card based on my AIP letter. All you need to do is go to Full service canada and take your passport, license, work permit and AIP letter with you.

But please keep in mind, ohip will start covering 3 months after the date of your AIP. For example, if your AIP is dated Jan 1 then your ohip coverage will start on Apr 1.

All the Best!

Lioness01

Nov 16, 2015
That's the prob, I didn't get an AIP. Spouse got SA then my ecas changed to decision made and I received a letter saying we have completed your application I will be contacted for finalization. BTW does that mean I was approved?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lioness01 said:
Hi everyone
Yes you can. DM is the next stage after AIP stage. If Ontario service denies you your OHIP, you can try to go to another ontario service location. If they still deny you, you must submit an appeal to OHIP review board. You don't need to "trick" anyone as somebody suggests. You have a right to apply for OHIP.

We were denied OHIP because AIP was an email, not a physical letter from CIC. We appealed to review board and gotten OHIP. You need to follow through on an appeal if you get denied.

"Tricking" them implies you are trying to get OHIP when you were not qualified for it in the first place.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lioness01 said:
That's the prob, I didn't get an AIP. Spouse got SA then my ecas changed to decision made and I received a letter saying we have completed your application I will be contacted for finalization. BTW does that mean I was approved?
As mentioned before a DM letter is the next stage after AIP. You have that right to apply for OHIP. Go to Ontario Service and apply. If they deny you, try another location, if not appeal. You have that right to apply as you are fully qualified for OHIP.