App. Filed.......
01-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
JessK said:
James,
No i didnt get any request. I am just wondering if they request fingerprints for all cases. In that case application can be delayed no?

I have my work permit and passport valid until November. I am confused if i should wait for sending my passport for renewal. Will it impact my application in any way?
Application Recieved: Nov 6, 2014, SA,AIP on Feb 23, 2016.
As far as I know, fingerprints are required for inlanders. I read it somewhere a long time ago, don't have the link for it.. They didn't request it but when I checked my GCMS notes last year it said "required" and I didn't submit one, so I sent it anyway without being asked. I didn't want them to delay my application process.

You can call them to check?

Mar 7, 2016
I am here to share my timeline:
SA Application Received on Sep-18-2014
Start Processing your application on Nov-26-2015
Ask for Quebec CSQ: Dec-05-2015
DM: Feb-27-2016

I am still waiting for the appointment email with Montreal CIC office. I called CIC to figure out some information about how long should i expect to be contacted by Montreal office. One of their agent said " no later than Nov 2016..... because your case is expected to completed in about 26 months and since you applied in Sep 2014, then it should be finished in Nev 2016 " I was totally shocked by this answer.... and i made another call a moment later.. and i got the answer that i should be contacted by Montreal office in 4-6 weeks...... theoretically, the first answer is not wrong.. it is useless and i am a little bit angry with her and ended the conversation with her immediately..but the second agent did help me on my case.

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
I had an exact same situation and based on my own experience, you will get an email exactly 4 weeks after DM.

Wish u luck

Inlander201409 said:
I am here to share my timeline:
SA Application Received on Sep-18-2014
Start Processing your application on Nov-26-2015
Ask for Quebec CSQ: Dec-05-2015
DM: Feb-27-2016

I am still waiting for the appointment email with Montreal CIC office. I called CIC to figure out some information about how long should i expect to be contacted by Montreal office. One of their agent said " no later than Nov 2016..... because your case is expected to completed in about 26 months and since you applied in Sep 2014, then it should be finished in Nev 2016 " I was totally shocked by this answer.... and i made another call a moment later.. and i got the answer that i should be contacted by Montreal office in 4-6 weeks...... theoretically, the first answer is not wrong.. it is useless and i am a little bit angry with her and ended the conversation with her immediately..but the second agent did help me on my case.

Mar 7, 2016
Inlandoct2014 said:
I had an exact same situation and based on my own experience, you will get an email exactly 4 weeks after DM.

Wish u luck
Thank you so much for your answer.. So i have to wait until march 27 then..

Please share your experience about the appointment with Montreal CIC office after you finish and i am a little bit nervous about it..

Boudz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2015
Med's Request
7-03-2016
Med's Done....
9-03-2016
Interview........
12-05-2016
I received a request for medicals today. I booked my medicals 2 days from now on Wednesday. Is this a good sign? What should I expect in terms of timeline?

tiemus

Feb 25, 2016
I finally got my work permit in the mail today and have a couple questions:

I received my DM on February 25th and am still waiting to hear from Etobicoke (yes I should have had my work permit way before now, TL;DR CiC is incompetent)

I thought I remembered reading somewhere on this forum that the SIN you get once you get your work permit will be different than the SIN you'll have once you're a permanent resident. Is that true? Is it even worth bothering with service canada now when I'll have my PR in the next month?

Also: my work permit has printed on it under Remarks/Observations: "DOES NOT CONFER TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS. APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS HAS RECEIVED INITIAL APPROVAL."
Is this sufficient to get OHIP?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boudz It's a sign that CIC opened your file, but a decision will be made no less than 30 days. You should have done before a request. Good luck ;)

Tiemus, OWP is irrelevant to you. When you land your OWP will be cancelled and ontario service will give you a sin number.

tiemus

Feb 25, 2016
James Russo said:
Tiemus, OWP is irrelevant to you. When you land your OWP will be cancelled and ontario service will give you a sin number.
So even if I got get a SIN number now with my work permit it will change once I land? It would be nice to start applying to jobs asap but not if I have to correct a bunch of information.

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply if you want to...but some company won't hire you because some don't trust "owp". It seems to them that you will leave the country soon. A sin number is completely different.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
tiemus said:
I finally got my work permit in the mail today and have a couple questions:

I received my DM on February 25th and am still waiting to hear from Etobicoke (yes I should have had my work permit way before now, TL;DR CiC is incompetent)

I thought I remembered reading somewhere on this forum that the SIN you get once you get your work permit will be different than the SIN you'll have once you're a permanent resident. Is that true? Is it even worth bothering with service canada now when I'll have my PR in the next month?

Also: my work permit has printed on it under Remarks/Observations: "DOES NOT CONFER TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS. APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS HAS RECEIVED INITIAL APPROVAL."
Is this sufficient to get OHIP?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Right after your landing you will be redirected to another "window" to update your sin number. The one you have now, starts with 9, the permanent one (you'll get on landing) will start form 5. Just bring a proof of your current number to your landing interview and they will update it right away.

As for ohip, you can apply for it now if you have official AIP letter , which says "it has been determined that you can apply for permanent residency etc etc". For ohip there is a 3-months grace period, so its better to apply as soon as you're eligible for it... After landing you just need to go to Service Ontario and update the info they have on file.

tiemus

Feb 25, 2016
lighty_j said:
As for ohip, you can apply for it now if you have official AIP letter , which says "it has been determined that you can apply for permanent residency etc etc". For ohip there is a 3-months grace period, so its better to apply as soon as you're eligible for it... After landing you just need to go to Service Ontario and update the info they have on file.
I never received AIP, just SA and DM and now my OWP. That's why I was asking if that line on my OWP would work.

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diva Diva said:
Hi everyone! I just got my DM now. I'm super excited. Good luck to all waiting

Congrats!! thks for your update! keep us posted regarding the landing interview :)

Sep 8, 2014
with a request for us to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) fee. We paid it and uploaded on Saturday March 5th.
I did not get AIP.
Today I logged in online and I saw medical received and decision made and that a mail was sent out on March 4th with the decision. I am hopeful that I get a positive results but at the same time I am worried that its negative because i didn't receive an AIP.

What do you guys think?

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
readingbeach27 said:
with a request for us to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) fee. We paid it and uploaded on Saturday March 5th.
I did not get AIP.
Today I logged in online and I saw medical received and decision made and that a mail was sent out on March 4th with the decision. I am hopeful that I get a positive results but at the same time I am worried that its negative because i didn't receive an AIP.

What do you guys think?

If this information is from applicant's ecas, it's DM. If it's from the sponsor's ecas, it's SA.

I saw your info at spreadsheet and you got SA on March 4. I believe that that information above is from the sponsor's ecas, right?! Also... you can get DM without AIP.