Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
henryr said:
Hi Everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for quite some time, and have read it many times, but this is my first post.

I am a Canadian Citizen, my wife is American. We have been married for almost 16 years.

We lived in the USA for 10 years, where I was a Permanent Resident, sponsored by my wife.

We have been in Canada for almost 6 years. My wife has been working under a NAFTA visa, but we decided 2 years ago to start the PM process for her, as her work options under NAFTA are limited, and CIC is increasing the requirements for companies hiring under that programme.

Our PM timeline is as follows:
Application Received by CIC on 3 December 2014 (just before start of the OWP Pilot Programme)
First AOR 6 Feb 2015
2nd AOR received 5 May 2015

We did FBI background check and medical upfront.

With the increasing difficulty in getting NAFTA visas, we submitted an OWP application under the pilot programme on 31 Oct 2015 (received 4 November)

And, the first good news was today. We got the OWP today, was dated 4 Feb.

We try to keep positive during the long wait, but it is hard. Especially seeing Outland and other streams getting approved so much faster.

It never occurred to us that one could even apply Outland! You certainly cannot in the US. And it really never occurred to us that Spousal sponsorship would be the slowest path to PM. It's a crazy situation.
Thanks for sharing your timeline!
Yeah, it's not easy to figure out the best option from the official guides and the call centre is not especially useful.
But at least she has now an open work permit, and you are getting closer with the PR as well. CIC is working on applications received at the end of October (but in the meantime not working on the apps received in the summer months...).
Good luck!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Unfortunately there is no appeal right in the inland process, you can start a law suit, but that would longer and more painful than applying again. Besides, he has no proof of the advice he received.
His best chance is to apply again outland. I just don't know what happens with his work permit.
There was someone else here recently with a similar situation. An OWP had been issued, based on an Inland sponsorship application, but the PR was denied.
The person was told by CIC, much to my surprise, that their OWP would still be valid.

? ? ?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
There was someone else here recently with a similar situation. An OWP had been issued, based on an Inland sponsorship application, but the PR was denied.
The person was told by CIC, much to my surprise, that their OWP would still be valid.

? ? ?
Interesting. I don't recall reading the story. Do you happen to remember his/her name?

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
I am November 3 2014 applicant My wife just received a medical request for mi to do..why would cic request a medical which i already submitted in july last year???anyone

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sniper23 said:
I am November 3 2014 applicant My wife just received a medical request for mi to do..why would cic request a medical which i already submitted in july last year???anyone
Did you send July 2015? If so, send the copy again.

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sniper23 said:
yes july 2015 i did my medical without cic request for it..an its still valid for a year..

Send now by facsmile. Maybe the agent did not check well the system. Remember to identify yourself and the agent who made the request. Just follow the instructions on the letter.

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
James Russo said:
Send now by facsmile. Maybe the agent did not check well the system. Remember to identify yourself and the agent who made the request. Just follow the instructions on the letter.
ok i will do that

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Interesting. I don't recall reading the story. Do you happen to remember his/her name?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/owp-and-implied-status-t396463.0.html;msg4951831#msg4951831

gaurav8547

Feb 13, 2016
Hey Sniper, Did your wife got request in email or via post?

I submitted my application on 04 Nov 2014 so just to check timeline

Bing_M

Jan 25, 2016
guys, can someone please share their experience. just want to know how long it takes from the time CIC starts on an application till u get aip for inland?
cic put on ecas that they started to work on our application dec 29, 2015.

elisinha

Jan 18, 2016
Got a DM 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet about my Landing!
UGH!

But so happy to see that the timeline for PR card went down to 42 days!

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Bing_M said:
guys, can someone please share their experience. just want to know how long it takes from the time CIC starts on an application till u get aip for inland?
cic put on ecas that they started to work on our application dec 29, 2015.
been always calculating ppls processing time i guess its up to 6 months... They started mine on 6th of oct 2015 and am actually expecting something from cic for next month.