AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Hi everyone, today I got a letter from CIC stating " it has been determined that you meet requirements to apply for PR, we are pleased to inform you that processing of your application has been completed n Montreal office will contact you shortly for finalisation of your PR" is it AIP or DM?? I am so excited!!
My timeline is
Application Rcv'd oct 30, 14
AOR: dec 3, 14
CSQ: March 24, 15
OWP: feb, 26, 15

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Congratulations, I guess BOTH

Aqsamunir said:
Hi everyone, today I got a letter from CIC stating " it has been determined that you meet requirements to apply for PR, we are pleased to inform you that processing of your application has been completed n Montreal office will contact you shortly for finalisation of your PR" is it AIP or DM?? I am so excited!!
My timeline is

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Aqsamunir said:
My timeline is
congrat..pls I don't understand the CSQ.. What is that meant for?

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
lexxy said:
congrat..pls I don't understand the CSQ.. What is that meant for?
It's certificat de sélection du Québec. It's only for Quebec applicants, so don't you worry about it :)

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-03-2016

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
I've paid $1040 and submitted the receipt with my application. Is it all I had to pay? or still I should pay $490 for the right of permanent fee (RPRF). I don't know is it their template or not, BUT IN ALL CORRESPONDENCES (AIP, SA, DM) there is a section talk about RPRF that if I have not already paid, it must be paid immediately. ??!!!!!!!!

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Inlandoct2014 said:
I've paid $1040 and submitted the receipt with my application. Is it all I had to pay? or still I should pay $490 for the right of permanent fee (RPRF). I don't know is it their template or not, BUT IN ALL CORRESPONDENCES (AIP, SA, DM) there is a section talk about RPRF that if I have not already paid, I must paid immediately. ??!!!!!!!!
1040 should cover both ur fees.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
joeschmo said:
I'm shocked at the moment. I just opened my email and found a reply from CIC about my case. I've been denied PR status. They received my application in April, 2014 and it has been tortuous waiting, calling, waiting some more. I was getting updates and finally I was told that I needed to submit my FBI clearance which I had just sent off for. At the end of the 90 days they gave me to submit the clearance I called to inform them that I had not heard from the FBI yet and I was told by CIC that they know the FBI is taking a long time so to just send it when the clearance arrives. I submitted in August, 2015 and still have not heard back. I am absolutely shattered. I was so close. Is there any recourse or do I have to start over?
I am so extremely sorry.
I bet you don't know the name and under of the call centre agent... I mean, why would you, why would anyone assume that you can get such a bad advice from the official source. It's a shame.

elisinha

Jan 18, 2016
joeschmo said:
I'm shocked at the moment. I just opened my email and found a reply from CIC about my case. I've been denied PR status. They received my application in April, 2014 and it has been tortuous waiting, calling, waiting some more. I was getting updates and finally I was told that I needed to submit my FBI clearance which I had just sent off for. At the end of the 90 days they gave me to submit the clearance I called to inform them that I had not heard from the FBI yet and I was told by CIC that they know the FBI is taking a long time so to just send it when the clearance arrives. I submitted in August, 2015 and still have not heard back. I am absolutely shattered. I was so close. Is there any recourse or do I have to start over?
I am so sorry to hear about that.
I would try to get a lawyer involved. Since it's not your fault and you did what you could.
Try to appeal or something like that. Don't give up and have faith!

henryr

Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for quite some time, and have read it many times, but this is my first post.

I am a Canadian Citizen, my wife is American. We have been married for almost 16 years.

We lived in the USA for 10 years, where I was a Permanent Resident, sponsored by my wife.

We have been in Canada for almost 6 years. My wife has been working under a NAFTA visa, but we decided 2 years ago to start the PM process for her, as her work options under NAFTA are limited, and CIC is increasing the requirements for companies hiring under that programme.

Our PM timeline is as follows:
Application Received by CIC on 3 December 2014 (just before start of the OWP Pilot Programme)
First AOR 6 Feb 2015
2nd AOR received 5 May 2015

We did FBI background check and medical upfront.

With the increasing difficulty in getting NAFTA visas, we submitted an OWP application under the pilot programme on 31 Oct 2015 (received 4 November)

And, the first good news was today. We got the OWP today, was dated 4 Feb.

We try to keep positive during the long wait, but it is hard. Especially seeing Outland and other streams getting approved so much faster.

It never occurred to us that one could even apply Outland! You certainly cannot in the US. And it really never occurred to us that Spousal sponsorship would be the slowest path to PM. It's a crazy situation.

manuel1983

Feb 9, 2016
Sounds like you're getting close

This is my first time posting.
Timeline:
CIC received our inland application October 28, 2014
Didn't receive another update on ecas or anything. It just remained as 'Application received' .
February 9, 2016, I the applicant received an email saying I meet the requirements to sponsor
February 9, 2016 (just a few hours later); my wife receives her email saying she meets the requirements to be sponsored and that CIC Etobicoke will be in contact soon.
February 12, 2016 - ecas finally updated the status to decision made.
Just waiting for what I believe is the next step; receiving a landing interview date.

Question to anyone: my wife received a new passport in the last month. The email she received clearly stated the passport number they have online and that she must bring her passport to the landing interview and the numbers must match. She called the CIC call centre and the person told her to bring both passports (her old passport is technically still valid until June 2016, so the call agent told her it would be no problem and no further action is required). I don't know if I should rely on that answer.

Cheers

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manuel1983 said:

Timeline:
Didn't receive another update on ecas or anything. It just remained as 'Application received' .
February 9, 2016, I the applicant received an email saying I meet the requirements to sponsor
February 9, 2016 (just a few hours later); my wife receives her email saying she meets the requirements to be sponsored and that CIC Etobicoke will be in contact soon.
Just waiting for what I believe is the next step; receiving a landing interview date.

Question to anyone: my wife received a new passport in the last month. The email she received clearly stated the passport number they have online and that she must bring her passport to the landing interview and the numbers must match. She called the CIC call centre and the person told her to bring both passports (her old passport is technically still valid until June 2016, so the call agent told her it would be no problem and no further action is required). I don't know if I should rely on that answer.

Cheers

Make sense what the call center told you. Etobicoke is the busiest local office, so you can wait around 4 weeks to get the appointment. Keep us posted as soon you get to we know how Etobicoke office is working. Congrats and thank you.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
I think for once you can rely on the answers you got from the call centre agent, my MP told me the same thing. If it's valid through June, she should most likely land before that. I got my landing appointment (Etobicoke) just a week after I got my DM, so hopefully it's not too far away for you and your wifey :)

manuel1983 said:

Timeline:

Cheers

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
42 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The time to process a PR Card for new applicants has come down to 42 Days !!!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
elisinha said:
I am so sorry to hear about that.
I would try to get a lawyer involved. Since it's not your fault and you did what you could.
Try to appeal or something like that. Don't give up and have faith!
Unfortunately there is no appeal right in the inland process, you can start a law suit, but that would longer and more painful than applying again. Besides, he has no proof of the advice he received.
His best chance is to apply again outland. I just don't know what happens with his work permit.