+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi,

I would like to share our experience, and some information on PR cards.

So we finally landed in Calgary this week. The process was very smooth. The officer asked my wife if she has any dependent, and we said yes. The confirmation letter still says no because the officer said our son is Canadian.... Anyway, other than that, no real issue. We were Feb 2014 applicant, so exactly two years.

We then asked about traveling without getting the PR card on time. She said we can apply for the PR temp travel document (on the website, it states it only apply to lost or stolen card). Since I have not heard anything on my PR card renewal, i figure I call the call centre, and here are what i find out:

- Since they are switching to the new card, a lot of our application with the small size photos will not work. The agent told me to wait and see because they are trying to make it work (you know how it goes when it comes down to CIC trying to do something). For me, i have decided to send in an urgent request with the new size photos.
-They are only starting to review August applicant for renewal.
- With the backlog, she said it is okay now for people who needs to travel urgently to apply for the PR travel document, even though it says it is only for lost or stolen cards.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
my-son-my-world said:
Got SA and AIP January 15

July 2, 2014 applicant. :)
congrat

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Just got DM :)

I am October applicant, SA and AIP in 14 Jan 2014, Medical request in 6th Jan 2014

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Fifi7 said:
Congratulations !! Happy for you (and for me too, My application was received on October 29th so I guess I won't wait so long). When did they start processing your application ?
They started processing on August 7th. Hope u grt yours soon.

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
Inlandoct2014 said:
It's normal, Of course if you sent the PC with your application, it's already expired and it really depends on the officer who wants to ask you or not to send them the new one. In my AIP they didn't asked me anything (and I heared many times that they asked the PC again) and it's already three weeks that I haven't received anything from them,
No worry
Thank you and congrats on your dm

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flo85 said:
I had my landing interview on November 19th last year and wanted to see if somebody knows how the PR card processing time works?
In November 2015 I remember checking for the PR card processing time at it said 45 days. Then it quickly changed to 75 and now its 100 days. Does that mean I have to wait 100 days or do I consider the 45 days as right and call the call centre?

Also, what happens with my temporary SIN number until I have my PR card? I was on a 1 year work permit prior becoming a PR so my document with the SIN # says that the SIN # is expired by the end of the work permit. Where do I have proof that I have a temporary SIN # because it says nothing about it on the 'Confirmation of Permanent Residence' document? Any thoughts on that?

Thank you everyone.
Can you please share Yellowknife CIC office fax number? Thank you.

Hitesh_001

Jun 22, 2014
Hi,

I have a question regarding OWP. I have applied Inland application last year in June, 2015. My current work permit will expire in October, 2016.
Can I apply for OWP or work extension? If yes, when.
I only have AOR so far.

Thanks

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
tomtomato said:
Hi,

So we finally landed in Calgary this week. The process was very smooth. The officer asked my wife if she has any dependent, and we said yes. The confirmation letter still says no because the officer said our son is Canadian.... Anyway, other than that, no real issue. We were Feb 2014 applicant, so exactly two years.

We then asked about traveling without getting the PR card on time. She said we can apply for the PR temp travel document (on the website, it states it only apply to lost or stolen card). Since I have not heard anything on my PR card renewal, i figure I call the call centre, and here are what i find out:

- Since they are switching to the new card, a lot of our application with the small size photos will not work. The agent told me to wait and see because they are trying to make it work (you know how it goes when it comes down to CIC trying to do something). For me, i have decided to send in an urgent request with the new size photos.
- With the backlog, she said it is okay now for people who needs to travel urgently to apply for the PR travel document, even though it says it is only for lost or stolen cards.

From What i know, you can only apply for thr PRTD from the Country you are visiting ( Outside Canada). You cannot apply for it in Canada.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
tomtomato said:
Hi,

The Processing time just went down to 73 days from 105 days... yayyy thats progress

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
any news for November 2014 applicants yet?

Jizzie

May 25, 2014
My sponsor received an ECAS update stating:

We sent you correspondence on February 4, 2016 about the decision on your application.

Please explain.

Application received by CIC on June 18,2014.

Thanks!

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Your sponsor should received an email stating that he/she is eligible to sponsor you.

In most cases sponsors received an email but sometimes not (only ECAS).
If it's approved, this Decision Made means Sponsor Approval or SA.

I suggest you to call CIC and ask for it, but maybe other people in this forum have better idea !

Jizzie said:
My sponsor received an ECAS update stating:

We sent you correspondence on February 4, 2016 about the decision on your application.

Please explain.

Application received by CIC on June 18,2014.

Thanks!