+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
peimum said:
I was just reading on this thread about what to expect at the landing appointment:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-landing-interview-at-cic-etobicoke-today-t190228.0.html

My concern is that my husband's drivers licence is linked with his visitor visa, so it expires on February 3rd. They will not renew it until he has paperwork proving he is here legally, and we sent in the visitor visa renewal (putting him on implied status). Do you think they will make a big deal about his DL being expired? Should we take something else? I am such a worry wart!
Like Screech339 said, it shouldn't matter if it's expired, it's meant to verify the address, not the ability to drive. If you are really worried though, I read on the forum here that you can go to your bank and get your addresses verified there, take whatever document you can get from the bank with your address on it, and you should be good.

At my landing interview though, they didn't ask me or my sponsor about our addresses at all.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
The processing time to receive the first PR after Landing is upto 105 DAYS.

105 DAYS !!!! Seriously !!!!

mini_apple

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 26, 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 6, 2015
hi everyone, i'm pregnant for 5 months right now, we need report CIC for this information.
the question is when we submit my husband application we do not did the medical exam, can we do that right now and tell the doctor i'm pregnant let the doctor report to CIC together? Also if we do the medical exam now is that gonna make my husband case get all DM later than normal?

BTW CIC received my husband case on Nov 26, 2014.

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Just received word, Hubby's appointment for landing is February 16th, our oldest child's 10th birthday. Our children are all Canadian.... would it be bad if we took them along? I hate for her to not see us all day on her birthday...... the landing office is a 4 hour drive from home.

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Guys any update for October 2014 applicants?

I have not yet received the DM, Do you have any idea how long would it take after Medical, SA, and AIP ????

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inlandoct2014 said:
Guys any update for October 2014 applicants?

I have not yet received the DM, Do you have any idea how long would it take after Medical, SA, and AIP ????
The last processing time that I saw for Inland was 26 months. Unfortunately, until your 26th month has passed, you probably won't get an answer from CIC.
In the past, the second stage was taking anywhere from a few days to about 10 months.

Since it's only been ~ 15 months [total] for you, I suspect you still have a ways to go.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
peimum said:
Just received word, Hubby's appointment for landing is February 16th, our oldest child's 10th birthday. Our children are all Canadian.... would it be bad if we took them along? I hate for her to not see us all day on her birthday...... the landing office is a 4 hour drive from home.
Congratulations! I think it would be okay. There were a lot of kids of all ages at my landing interview.

Congrats again, and I love it that your first thought on this was about your kids :D

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
458_Bridge said:
The processing time to receive the first PR after Landing is upto 105 DAYS.

105 DAYS !!!! Seriously !!!!
That's only how long it's taken the PR's that are already out. I've been waiting 117 days so far.
Call center is saying to expect it before March. How's that for ridiculous?

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
GustavesF said:
That's only how long it's taken the PR's that are already out. I've been waiting 117 days so far.
Call center is saying to expect it before March. How's that for ridiculous?
So by saying "already out" do you mean , the one that have applied ?

Mine is first time application - Landed Jan 19th - By this math, i shouldn't expect it to arrive anytime before June 20th ?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
458_Bridge said:
So by saying "already out" do you mean , the one that have applied ?

Mine is first time application - Landed Jan 19th - By this math, i shouldn't expect it to arrive anytime before June 20th ?
I mean people who already have their PR cards.

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
The last processing time that I saw for Inland was 26 months. Unfortunately, until your 26th month has passed, you probably won't get an answer from CIC.
In the past, the second stage was taking anywhere from a few days to about 10 months.

Since it's only been ~ 15 months [total] for you, I suspect you still have a ways to go.

The process time from CIC is not accurate. I suggest you to follow the Inland Application Spreadsheet to figure out when and how CIC is working.

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
Ponga said:

The time lines are not accurate, some cases are being done in 16-20 months. Ours was complete in less than 18 months.

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
From what I understood, there is a specific timeline for CIC to make decision and give AIP and SA, and we USUALLY should get an update within 18 months from the date that the application is delivered to CIC. After that for any applicant there is a specific timeline which is not based on LUCK at all, is based on the country of origin, multiple countries who lived in more than 6 months, etc.

But what I don't get is, what exactly AIP and SA mean? does it mean that the (SAME !!! ) officer will then go through the background check and medical and once they got it, your application is completed, or no, another officer will have a look again into the whole application and decide whether or not, it should be approved, which in that case AIP and SA mean nothing !!!????

MasterBC

Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014 (with OWP)
AOR Received.
August 2014 (OWP received Jan 2015)
Med's Request
January 27, 2016
Interview........
Aug. 09, 2016
Passport Req..
July 29, 2016 (For my daughter outside canada)
So i got medical request last week and I've already seen the doctor but still need to do x-rays and blood works which unfortunately scheduled only next week. Can i submit the info sheet from doctor to cic or do i need to wait until the whole process is finish?

Also, i have with me the police certificate/clearance issued to my country origin, though cic still haven't request it, can i submit it subsequently or just wait for cic to request it?

Thank you

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Inlandoct2014 said:
From what I understood, there is a specific timeline for CIC to make decision and give AIP and SA, and we USUALLY should get an update within 18 months from the date that the application is delivered to CIC. After that for any applicant there is a specific timeline which is not based on LUCK at all, is based on the country of origin, multiple countries who lived in more than 6 months, etc.

But what I don't get is, what exactly AIP and SA mean? does it mean that the (SAME !!! ) officer will then go through the background check and medical and once they got it, your application is completed, or no, another officer will have a look again into the whole application and decide whether or not, it should be approved, which in that case AIP and SA mean nothing !!!????
SA (Sponsor Approval or Sponsorship Approval) means that the sponsor was found eligible
AIP (Approval in Principle) means (usually) that the officer is satisfied that the relationship is genuine
DM (Decision Made) means that the applicant passed every other background checks

Sometime the same officer gives all the approval almost at the same time (if there is an upfront medical and police check), but not in every case.