Med's Done....
Sent with application, again on 08-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Our online tracker now says "Decision Made"

We are still cautiously optimistic.

kleahey

Jan 21, 2016
Applied Sept 2014 and just got letter saying February 11th is when we have the interview and final decision made. Wife went home for two weeks last August cause her mother died and so got another six months for her visitors visa. As luck would have it though her visa expires FEBRUARY 5th which if we go to the final interview on Feb 11th means she would be over by six days. Tried applying online for an extension but when answering the questionnaire it says I should apply for a family spousal visa which I already done. I feel such a pain to drive up to Maine and come back in just to get a stamp. Is this what I need to do? Would we really be refused the pr card at this point if we were over by six days? . Thanks for any help offered.

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
kleahey said:
Applied Sept 2014 and just got letter saying February 11th is when we have the interview and final decision made. Wife went home for two weeks last August cause her mother died and so got another six months for her visitors visa. As luck would have it though her visa expires FEBRUARY 5th which if we go to the final interview on Feb 11th means she would be over by six days. Tried applying online for an extension but when answering the questionnaire it says I should apply for a family spousal visa which I already done. I feel such a pain to drive up to Maine and come back in just to get a stamp. Is this what I need to do? Would we really be refused the pr card at this point if we were over by six days? . Thanks for any help offered.
My husbands Visa expires on Feb 3rd... we are in a similar situation, but have the added expense of the PEI bridge. He has been on a 2 year visitors visa while we have waited through this never ending battle. It was recommended to me to mail in the visa renewal and then you can request a refund of the $100 because they won't have processed it by the interview date.

Are you landing in Halifax?

kleahey

Jan 21, 2016
peimum said:
My husbands Visa expires on Feb 3rd... we are in a similar situation, but have the added expense of the PEI bridge. He has been on a 2 year visitors visa while we have waited through this never ending battle. It was recommended to me to mail in the visa renewal and then you can request a refund of the $100 because they won't have processed it by the interview date.

Are you landing in Halifax?
Already here living in Halifax. Just a pain to have to do this.

bm2015

Dec 1, 2015
Hello all :)
I applied for PR under spouse category on 25th Aug 2015. Got my application received on 13th Jan 2016. I have a graduate open work permit valid till 20th Aug 2016. Could you please tell me
1. when is the right time to apply for open work permit under spousal category?
2. Where can I find the application for open work permit under spousal category?
3. My husband is a PR and we applied for my PR from ALberta. Now we moved to ONtario. FIrst stage of my PR is not yet over. Is it okay to let the CIC know of my address change from ALberta to Ontario?

peimum

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Summerside
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
kleahey said:
Already here living in Halifax. Just a pain to have to do this.
I hear ya. We are not going to the border simply because they don't have to let him back in.... and we don't want to take any chances whatsoever when we are this close.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
josh15 said:
Thanks,
I am currently applying for my OWP, and there are couple of questions i had doubt about, the question under background information - where it says "have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada" ?
Shoud I say yes as my P.R. application is in process (spouse sponsorship category) or No ?

And secondly do you know what is the document number on work permit ?
I would answer yes to the question, I don't think it makes that big of a difference though. Even without the PR, I applied to legally enter Canada so I would never answer no to that question anyway. And even if you are visa exempt, the moment you go through custom, I think it would consider as "applying to enter Canada".

Unfortunately I don't have my work permit on me, but UCI number is always the number I have used to identify myself with CIC.

Sorry i can only answer your questions without certainty, I can only speak from my own experience! But I have gotten my OWP safely, and landed safely!

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
28january said:
Well, she did say it costs $50, and I believe you don't pay on the spot, you have to call in.

Sorry, really just sharing what I was told at the landing interview here. I didn't ask much further because she did admit that there's no guarantee that you will get it that much faster.
Hi guys, we are landing next week, and one question about PR card. My wife (whom just got the DM), is planning to go home for a few month, and we are aware of the current long wait time for the PR card. Can she be outside of Canada while waiting for the PR card? I am planning to bring the card to her when it arrives in mail. I assume that this is not an issue since she already is a PR after the landing interview, and the PR card is just a travel document.

Thanks!

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
tomtomato said:
Hi guys, we are landing next week, and one question about PR card. My wife (whom just got the DM), is planning to go home for a few month, and we are aware of the current long wait time for the PR card. Can she be outside of Canada while waiting for the PR card? I am planning to bring the card to her when it arrives in mail. I assume that this is not an issue since she already is a PR after the landing interview, and the PR card is just a travel document.

Thanks!
I would think that is okay. After all, the lady at my landing interview suggested applying for a temp visa once you're out of Canada to get back in, if you absolutely need to leave the country, so the important part is having the valid document to get back in. If she has a PR card at that point, I don't see why not?

Important to note though that the wait period is quite unpredictable, so depending on your travel schedule, it might not work out perfectly timing wise.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
josh15 said:
Thanks,
I am currently applying for my OWP, and there are couple of questions i had doubt about, the question under background information - where it says "have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada" ?
Shoud I say yes as my P.R. application is in process (spouse sponsorship category) or No ?

And secondly do you know what is the document number on work permit ?
You should answer yes, and give as many details as you can (file number, date of receipt, etc).

I believe that the number of the work permit is the second on the right top corner. The first batch of numbers starts with two letters then 9 numbers. The second starts with one letter and 9 numbers. If you enter Canada the second one is what the border office would write into your passport, so I think that's the one you should refer to.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
kleahey said:
I would do what peimum suggested, apply on paper, make sure that CIC receives it before the 5th, then withdraw it after you have landed.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
bm2015 said:
Hello all :)
I applied for PR under spouse category on 25th Aug 2015. Got my application received on 13th Jan 2016. I have a graduate open work permit valid till 20th Aug 2016. Could you please tell me
1. when is the right time to apply for open work permit under spousal category?
2. Where can I find the application for open work permit under spousal category?
3. My husband is a PR and we applied for my PR from ALberta. Now we moved to ONtario. FIrst stage of my PR is not yet over. Is it okay to let the CIC know of my address change from ALberta to Ontario?
1. I would apply in March, this way you can get your OWP before your PGWP expires and you don't have to worry if you qualify for the implied worker status.
2. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.cx2nya2ln410
3. Both of you should update your addresses with CIC ASAP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone, I have a question.

My wife was asked to submit a police certificate.

We recently sent it to the CIC office.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for CIC to reply?

If someone has had a similar situation, how long did it take for them to respond?

We are hoping for a landing interview soon.

Thanks everyone!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto84 said:
Hey everyone, I have a question.

My wife was asked to submit a police certificate.

We recently sent it to the CIC office.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for CIC to reply?

If someone has had a similar situation, how long did it take for them to respond?

We are hoping for a landing interview soon.

Thanks everyone!
Seems odd for CIC to request this after DM.