+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
I feel like I'm spamming here a little bit, but some update:

called CIC to withdraw my work permit application and get a refund. I applied mid October ish, website said still working on beginning of September. After an hour long wait time, I was told that they have started my application so I'll never see my $255 again :-\

I guess good news for those waiting for their OWP though.

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
28january said:
Let's see, we arrived, and the person at reception desk took my letter of landing to cross out my name from his list. Then he gave us a queue number, like at Service Ontario. My partner asked how long it's going to be, they said they don't know. (My number was D323, and at the time they were at early D300)

Arrived around 9:10, and around an hour later, they were ready for us. No wifi btw.

My partner didn't have to provide them with anything, no drivers license, no birth certificate, they just asked him about welfare, and criminal history, our marital status, and if he still wishes to sponsor me. (Thankfully he didn't joke about this like he said he would).

So they asked me about my criminal history, welfare, and deportation stuff, I told her I was once rejected for a visitor visa, so she just asked me what happened after that. Then she verified our address, and my most recent point of entry to Canada, and my original point of entry to Canada. Took one of my pictures, asked for my OWP (it was expired so she then said nvm, and then she said I should call CIC to get a refund on my extension that I submitted back in Oct).

She then explained about renewing PR card, and steps to becoming a citizen, how I can sponsor people now, and how I have to contact OHIP now to update my status, and SIN number. This was when I asked her about traveling while waiting for PR card.

She then forwarded my document to the SIN number booth so I didn't haqve to get any new queue. Another 15 mins wait? They asked for my old SIN, to verify my mother's maiden name, and I was done.

Went to have risotto after that then costco and now life is gooooood.

;D
Did you have to cross the boarder to do the landing interview? the reason i'm asking here is because my passport is going to expired in SEPTEMBER 2016. assuming i'm getting my landing appointment in the summer, at that time my passport will be less than 6 months due to the expiration date. and i can't get my passport re-new while i'm out of country. give me some idea please :(

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Is it normal my friends applied in July 2014 and don't have anything yet, just AOR...

elisinha

Jan 18, 2016
ksenya said:
Guys,

Is it normal my friends applied in July 2014 and don't have anything yet, just AOR...
I applied July 2014 too and heard back last week. Your friends should be hearing something about it soon though....

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
28january said:
I feel like I'm spamming here a little bit, but some update:

called CIC to withdraw my work permit application and get a refund. I applied mid October ish, website said still working on beginning of September. After an hour long wait time, I was told that they have started my application so I'll never see my $255 again :-\

I guess good news for those waiting for their OWP though.
Don't always take whatever the agents tell you over the phone, its better you use the link below to make the request. You don't have anything to loose:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
finally received the notice for landing interview, which is in two weeks.

I have a question about proof of payment. I found the receipt I had when sponsored my wife two years ago for PR, for $1040. The receipt does not say what it is for. Would they be able to figure out that this is the receipt for our application? The receipt lets you print the name and address, DOB by hand.

Second question is, if I paid $1040, is this the correct amount for only sponsoring my wife? I think it does include the $490 right of PR fee.

It has been so long ago, but really just want to make sure we have the right document for the interview.

Thanks,

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
PTJ said:
Don't always take whatever the agents tell you over the phone, its better you use the link below to make the request. You don't have anything to loose:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=619&t=4
This is great, thank you!

It's annoying that even after an hour wait on the phone, we still can't trust what they say...

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Voong said:
Did you have to cross the boarder to do the landing interview? the reason i'm asking here is because my passport is going to expired in SEPTEMBER 2016. assuming i'm getting my landing appointment in the summer, at that time my passport will be less than 6 months due to the expiration date. and i can't get my passport re-new while i'm out of country. give me some idea please :(
If you applied inland the landing interview will be in your area, no need to cross the border. I'm positive having a valid passport is a requirement at landing though so let's hope it's before September.

On a slightly related note, if you cross the border by land, you can travel with less than 6 months from the expiration date. Mine expired October 30 and I still crossed the border September. I did double check with my consulate first though.

May I ask where you're from? I'm still baffled by the idea that they won't let you get a new passport oversea.

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Guys, after AIP and SA (that they didn't asked for any extra things), and I've done the medical two weeks before them, Should I only expect the DM or there is still a common possibility that they ask for more proof of relationship, other documents, ....

I mean, should I be relaxed and only expect the DM soon or there is still a chance for some questions !!!
What was your experience?

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elisinha said:
I applied July 2014 too and heard back last week. Your friends should be hearing something about it soon though....
Thanks. Have you recieved info by email or mail?

AFarghawi

Jan 12, 2016
Good thing CIC answering machine got updated and they are working on applications received by Monday June 30, 2014.

I'm July 2 2014 applicant. Hopefully I hear back soon.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Hi there,

A tiny question regarding the photos required during the landing interview. I'm still waiting for my landing invitation, but due to my work hours, taking pictures right before it might become a problem. Hope anyone could confirm the specifications. I found the information on the website that now they require pictures 50mm x 70 mm with the face from 31 to 36 mm, right? Also does anyone know how many should I bring, 2, 4?

Thank you all in advance :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lighty_j said:
Hi there,

A tiny question regarding the photos required during the landing interview. I'm still waiting for my landing invitation, but due to my work hours, taking pictures right before it might become a problem. Hope anyone could confirm the specifications. I found the information on the website that now they require pictures 50mm x 70 mm with the face from 31 to 36 mm, right? Also does anyone know how many should I bring, 2, 4?

Thank you all in advance :)
You are only required to bring two PR photo pictures. 50mm x 70mm size photo with face 31-36mm.

One photo will be attached to COPR and the other photo will be sent to CIC-Sydney for PR card.

Explain to the photo shop that it is a PR photo that you are required. Most photo shops knows there are two different photo specs from citizenship and PR photos. They usually ask which photo specs you need.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
screech339 said:
You are only required to bring two PR photo pictures. 50mm x 70mm size photo with face 31-36mm.

One photo will be attached to COPR and the other photo will be sent to CIC-Sydney for PR card.

Explain to the photo shop that it is a PR photo that you are required. Most photo shops knows there are two different photo specs from citizenship and PR photos. They usually ask which photo specs you need.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Thanks!