+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Ponga said:
When your sponsor received the email, was it the actual sponsor approval letter (basically the first of two parts needed for you to get AIP)? Did it say anything about the sponsor being approved, or eligible to sponsor you? If it did not, that could be why you haven't received your AIP.
No, unfortunately it wasn't sponsor approval, it was just an acknowledgement of receipt (what I heard people call second AOR). They date my sponsor received the letter is the same that appears as "processing" date in my Ecas. Till date, my sponsor has not been approved. Therefore I'm worried because it has been too long and other people seem to have already received at least the sponsor approval.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll0040 said:
No, unfortunately it wasn't sponsor approval, it was just an acknowledgement of receipt (what I heard people call second AOR). They date my sponsor received the letter is the same that appears as "processing" date in my Ecas. Till date, my sponsor has not been approved. Therefore I'm worried because it has been too long and other people seem to have already received at least the sponsor approval.
There is only one AOR, because both applications are received at the same time.

What did you sponsor's letter say?

Before CIC changed the way that the processing times are shown, it was taking ~ 18 months for stage 1 and 10 months for stage 2 (28 months total). This means that since you are now in the 18th month, you could very well see sponsor approval and maybe even AIP very soon. Since they now show the overall times ( reduced to 26 months, last time I checked) we have no idea which part is now faster...stage 1 or stage 2.

But...the strange part is the email that you received in March 2015. You said that your eCas shows that your processing started in March 2015. What exactly does that mean, if you haven't already received AIP? Does it really mean that they didn't even start processing your sponsor's part of the application until March 2015? If that's what they really mean, you probably won't see sponsor approval and AIP until the end of the year...which would be terrible!

I suggest that you check your eCas again and tell us exactly what it shows. If your processing really did start last March, that means that your sponsor was approved and you should have certainly had your AIP by now...months ago.

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Ponga said:
There is only one AOR, because both applications are received at the same time.

What did you sponsor's letter say?

Before CIC changed the way that the processing times are shown, it was taking ~ 18 months for stage 1 and 10 months for stage 2 (28 months total). This means that since you are now in the 18th month, you could very well see sponsor approval and maybe even AIP very soon. Since they now show the overall times ( reduced to 26 months, last time I checked) we have no idea which part is now faster...stage 1 or stage 2.

But...the strange part is the email that you received in March 2015. You said that your eCas shows that your processing started in March 2015. What exactly does that mean, if you haven't already received AIP? Does it really mean that they didn't even start processing your sponsor's part of the application until March 2015? If that's what they really mean, you probably won't see sponsor approval and AIP until the end of the year...which would be terrible!

I suggest that you check your eCas again and tell us exactly what it shows. If your processing really did start last March, that means that your sponsor was approved and you should have certainly had your AIP by now...months ago.
Thank you for your detailed explanation.

I checked my ecas and my sponsor says: "we received your application to sponsor x on July 2014" We started processing your application on March **2015"

I also review the email that my sponsor received in March 2015 and only says" this is to confirm the application to sponsor ....has been received"

Oh my,:( so should I call cic or something?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll0040 said:
Thank you for your detailed explanation.

I checked my ecas and my sponsor says: "we received your application to sponsor x on July 2014" We started processing your application on March **2015"

I also review the email that my sponsor received in March 2015 and only says" this is to confirm the application to sponsor ....has been received"

Oh my,:( so should I call cic or something?
Sorry, but that's still not clear. You said that you checked your eCas and your sponsor says: "we received your application to sponsor x on July 2014" We started processing your application on March **2015"

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Ponga said:
Sorry, but that's still not clear. You said that you checked your eCas and your sponsor says: "we received your application to sponsor x on July 2014" We started processing your application on March **2015"
Yes I log in using the uci of my sponsor. The sponsorship application status says "in process", if I click in details it says "we received the application to sponsor **in July 2014 and started processing the application on March 2015".

On the side of the sponsored only says " application for pr received". If I click on details says received on July 2014, Medicals received.

That's it. So far my Sponsor hasn't received the email saying that he was approved . So I guess I should call cic to see if this is normal

elisinha

Jan 18, 2016
I've applied under Family Sponsorship in July 2014.
January 11th 2016 received request for medical exams - which I completed on the 15th. Does that mean AIP is done?

Does any one know how long will take to hear back from them?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll0040 said:
Yes I log in using the uci of my sponsor. The sponsorship application status says "in process", if I click in details it says "we received the application to sponsor **in July 2014 and started processing the application on March 2015".

On the side of the sponsored only says " application for pr received". If I click on details says received on July 2014, Medicals received.

That's it. So far my Sponsor hasn't received the email saying that he was approved . So I guess I should call cic to see if this is normal
Well, it certainly doesn't look normal.

If they really did start processing your sponsor last March, there's no way it should take this long to get SA. But...if your application was received in July 2014...how/why would they have started the sponsor assessment in March 2015 anyway? It normally takes ~ 16-18 months before they even start to do anything.

aujla

Aug 11, 2014
@ll0040
i have approximately same timeline as of urs submit application in june 2014 ,start processing my application in march 2015 and my ecase shows same as urs but i received pcc request in january 2016 .i think u should ask cic wts going on regarding ur letter u received.

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
AFarghawi said:
You should not be worried if you apply for a re entry visa. My wife applied to sponsor me on July 2014. I have a post graduate work permit valid till Nov 2016. Since sent our application, I have renewed my re entry visa twice. I went back home to visit my parents on Dec 2014, and Dec 2015. I went to Mexico on business trips 3 times last year. Also, I live on the border with Detroit and I cross over to the states almost 2 times a week for business meetings.

As long as you get a re entry visa, you should be fine.
Hi, So you advised me to travel back to my country and make a new passport ? If so, if i get my new passport there's no Visa posted on the new passport how could i enter Canada within the new passport? thanks for your comments :)

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Voong said:
Hi, So you advised me to travel back to my country and make a new passport ? If so, if i get my new passport there's no Visa posted on the new passport how could i enter Canada within the new passport? thanks for your comments :)
That is so odd that they wouldn't let you get your passport outside of the country, how annoying! You said your study permit is still valid though? Maybe you can go while your study permit is still valid, and come back asap so you don't have to worry about not having a visa. Because unfortunately without a visa, it's unlikely that they will let you in.

I believe AFarghawi has a valid re-entry visa so coming back in is not a problem but you will need it unless you're visa exempted.

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
ll0040 said:

It's normal in my point of view. I also received two AOR. I applied on October 2014. I received the first AOR in November 2014, and my sponsor received another AOR in May 2015. Our eCAS was exactly the same as yours until last week that we received the AIP and SA. No worries, you will get a news shortly

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
elisinha said:
I've applied under Family Sponsorship in July 2014.
January 11th 2016 received request for medical exams - which I completed on the 15th. Does that mean AIP is done?

Does any one know how long will take to hear back from them?
It's not exactly the AIP but that is definitely a good sign I believe !
You will probably hear back from them soon,
Good luck

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Landed in Etobicoke yesterday!

Arrived a little after 9 because of the snow and an accident on highway, wait time was a little over an hour, I think there were 20 ques ahead of me.

Same same stuff, they asked my sponsor a bunch of questions first, and then me, then congratulations (!!!!), then I waited for my permanent SIN. It was nice and hassle free. Wasn't even like a real interview I thought we would be seated in a room or something, but everything was over the counter.

Now, the wait time for PR card says 8 to 10 weeks, so I asked about travel which I know a lot of you are wondering about. She said by car is okay, because at the border they can see that you're a PR on file. But by plane, whatever airport you're flying out of to come to canada won't have that on their file, so they won't let you fly. So you can either apply for a one time visitor visa, or call CIC to rush them for your PR card. The latter will cost you $50 and she said they can't guarantee anything.

Maybe if you're reallllllly desperate, fly out of the closest US airport?

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
28january said:
Landed in Etobicoke yesterday!

Arrived a little after 9 because of the snow and an accident on highway, wait time was a little over an hour, I think there were 20 ques ahead of me.

Same same stuff, they asked my sponsor a bunch of questions first, and then me, then congratulations (!!!!), then I waited for my permanent SIN. It was nice and hassle free. Wasn't even like a real interview I thought we would be seated in a room or something, but everything was over the counter.

Now, the wait time for PR card says 8 to 10 weeks, so I asked about travel which I know a lot of you are wondering about. She said by car is okay, because at the border they can see that you're a PR on file. But by plane, whatever airport you're flying out of to come to canada won't have that on their file, so they won't let you fly. So you can either apply for a one time visitor visa, or call CIC to rush them for your PR card. The latter will cost you $50 and she said they can't guarantee anything.

Maybe if you're reallllllly desperate, fly out of the closest US airport?
Congratulation ! welcome to the unstressful world :)

Would you please tell us what exactly they asked? What should we bring? and what was the whole landing procedure ?

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Inlandoct2014 said:
Congratulation ! welcome to the unstressful world :)

Would you please tell us what exactly they asked? and what was the whole landing procedure ?
Let's see, we arrived, and the person at reception desk took my letter of landing to cross out my name from his list. Then he gave us a queue number, like at Service Ontario. My partner asked how long it's going to be, they said they don't know. (My number was D323, and at the time they were at early D300)

Arrived around 9:10, and around an hour later, they were ready for us. No wifi btw.

My partner didn't have to provide them with anything, no drivers license, no birth certificate, they just asked him about welfare, and criminal history, our marital status, and if he still wishes to sponsor me. (Thankfully he didn't joke about this like he said he would).

So they asked me about my criminal history, welfare, and deportation stuff, I told her I was once rejected for a visitor visa, so she just asked me what happened after that. Then she verified our address, and my most recent point of entry to Canada, and my original point of entry to Canada. Took one of my pictures, asked for my OWP (it was expired so she then said nvm, and then she said I should call CIC to get a refund on my extension that I submitted back in Oct).

She then explained about renewing PR card, and steps to becoming a citizen, how I can sponsor people now, and how I have to contact OHIP now to update my status, and SIN number. This was when I asked her about traveling while waiting for PR card.

She then forwarded my document to the SIN number booth so I didn't haqve to get any new queue. Another 15 mins wait? They asked for my old SIN, to verify my mother's maiden name, and I was done.

Went to have risotto after that then costco and now life is gooooood.

;D