+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Erzabeth

Feb 18, 2014
Hi Guys, they send me a date for the landing interview in Etobicoke for november 25, 2015 and I couldn't make it because I was outside the country. I already called to CIC explaining my case and they said to me they sent a email to the Etobicoke office and they have to call me again, until now I have not news, and I already send 3 emails asking kindly if they can book me a new date for the appointment and not news again, what do you think I have to do? only wait o can I go to the office and ask? Please help

aujla

Aug 11, 2014
Hi everyone does anybody know if a person is out of status and asked by cic for pcc in canada is there any issue with it or not
If somebody can give some advice on it really appreciate it .cause we have done pcc wid conmissonaries in Vancouver and now m wondering how long will it take for pcc to come .THANKS

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share the news I got today, in case anyone with similar timeline is being anxious about not hearing back from cic for a long time...

Originally applied in Aug 2014, my app was returned due to outdated form in Sep 2014. Right after I received the app, I send it back, so it was delivered on Sep 16, 2014. Me (the applicant) received the AOR in a month on Oct. 20, 2014. Second AOR was received by my sponsor on May 20, 2015. The day after we could finally see our application in ecas (on the sponsor's side it said started processing on May 19).
On Sep 27th we received SA and a request for additional proofs of relationship from officer SMC. The request was sent by regular mail, so it took some time for me to receive it...Therefore the documents were sent only in early October. And lucky me: I tried to fax it, and failed, emailed it- and it didn't go through, so I mailed it eventually, and Canada post could not track it...Eventually, they received my documents by two methods (still not sure, what were those, but confirmed by ATIP notes).

Last week the call centre agent said that I should receive AIP within this month. As cic has a deadline to finish September 2014 applications before February 2016. And here it was- today I received both AIP and DM letters within 10 min.

I hope this information brings some hope to people who are still waiting. Hold on! You'll be there soon...

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
lighty_j said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share the news I got today, in case anyone with similar timeline is being anxious about not hearing back from cic for a long time...

Originally applied in Aug 2014, my app was returned due to outdated form in Sep 2014. Right after I received the app, I send it back, so it was delivered on Sep 16, 2014. Me (the applicant) received the AOR in a month on Oct. 20, 2014. Second AOR was received by my sponsor on May 20, 2015. The day after we could finally see our application in ecas (on the sponsor's side it said started processing on May 19).
On Sep 27th we received SA and a request for additional proofs of relationship from officer SMC. The request was sent by regular mail, so it took some time for me to receive it...Therefore the documents were sent only in early October. And lucky me: I tried to fax it, and failed, emailed it- and it didn't go through, so I mailed it eventually, and Canada post could not track it...Eventually, they received my documents by two methods (still not sure, what were those, but confirmed by ATIP notes).

Last week the call centre agent said that I should receive AIP within this month. As cic has a deadline to finish September 2014 applications before February 2016. And here it was- today I received both AIP and DM letters within 10 min.

I hope this information brings some hope to people who are still waiting. Hold on! You'll be there soon...
congrats... When do you think november 2014 applicants will receive any message from cic?

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
lexxy said:
congrats... When do you think november 2014 applicants will receive any message from cic?
Hard to say...cic is unpredictable....If there is no drastical changes, I believe, November applicants will hear something in two-three months...

akalai

Apr 5, 2012
lighty_j said:
Hi guys,

Congrats! You are lucky to speak to an agent who's actually saying something meaningful:)

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
lighty_j said:
Hi guys,

thanks.

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
akalai said:
Congrats! You are lucky to speak to an agent who's actually saying something meaningful:)
For sure, I am. Hopefully this means that call centre agents are becoming more helpful

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
clarence80 said:
i landed today in Calgary, and was given the confirmation PR document

but i really realised that on the document, its says:

Orig. entry date: 2014/08/03
Undertaking (mos): 36

Expiry date: 2018/04/09

has anyone else have dates like this? they seem a bit off to me?!?
May I ask how long you had to wait between DM and landing invitation letter? we are also in Calgary.

thanks

Voong

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi everyone! I need your advise, My application was sent in December 2014, i'm still holding my study permit and it will be expired in September 2016. What i'm so stressed about is my PASSPORT, my passport will be also expired in September 2016 and i already checked with my embassy here in Vancouver, they said there is no way i can extend or make a new passport while i'm abroad, unless i have to travel back to my country. I'm afraid if i return to my country to make a new passport i wouldn't be able to re-entry Canada since i do not have a temporary Visa to return. Can anyone give me some advise please, i'm so stressful lately :(

AFarghawi

Jan 12, 2016
You should not be worried if you apply for a re entry visa. My wife applied to sponsor me on July 2014. I have a post graduate work permit valid till Nov 2016. Since sent our application, I have renewed my re entry visa twice. I went back home to visit my parents on Dec 2014, and Dec 2015. I went to Mexico on business trips 3 times last year. Also, I live on the border with Detroit and I cross over to the states almost 2 times a week for business meetings.

As long as you get a re entry visa, you should be fine.

Voong said:
Hi everyone! I need your advise, My application was sent in December 2014, i'm still holding my study permit and it will be expired in September 2016. What i'm so stressed about is my PASSPORT, my passport will be also expired in September 2016 and i already checked with my embassy here in Vancouver, they said there is no way i can extend or make a new passport while i'm abroad, unless i have to travel back to my country. I'm afraid if i return to my country to make a new passport i wouldn't be able to re-entry Canada since i do not have a temporary Visa to return. Can anyone give me some advise please, i'm so stressful lately :(

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Hello!

Does any July 2014 have received AIP? I'm kind of stressed out coz I sent my application on July 2014 my second AOR was in March 2015 and until now I have nothing.

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll0040 said:
Hello!

Does any July 2014 have received AIP? I'm kind of stressed out coz I sent my application on July 2014 my second AOR was in March 2015 and until now I have nothing.

Thanks
When was your sponsor approved?

What do you mean by `second AOR'? Was your original application returned and you re-submitted it, to get the second AOR in March of last year?

If you submitted your application in July of 2014, CIC technically has until September of this year to complete the processing of your application, before you can get any answers from them. This is based on the current processing time of 26 months. They used to show stage 1 times and stage 2 times, separately, but now they just show the overall (combined) times.

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
Ponga said:
When was your sponsor approved?

What do you mean by `second AOR'? Was your original application returned and you re-submitted it, to get the second AOR in March of last year?

If you submitted your application in July of 2014, CIC technically has until September of this year to complete the processing of your application, before you can get any answers from them. This is based on the current processing time of 26 months. They used to show stage 1 times and stage 2 times, separately, but now they just show the overall (combined) times.

Thank you for your answer. I received a notification thT my application was received (first AOR) in July 2014. Then nothing happen and on March 2015 my sponsor revived an email saying that they receive the application to sponsor me. On Eca says that processing my application started in March 2015. Since then I have nothing and I see people that sent application on August or June that had received an Aip which is the approval of the sponsor. So I'm worried but I guess as you say now I cannot do much unless more than 26 months have passed

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ll0040 said:
Thank you for your answer. I received a notification thT my application was received (first AOR) in July 2014. Then nothing happen and on March 2015 my sponsor revived an email saying that they receive the application to sponsor me. On Eca says that processing my application started in March 2015. Since then I have nothing and I see people that sent application on August or June that had received an Aip which is the approval of the sponsor. So I'm worried but I guess as you say now I cannot do much unless more than 26 months have passed
When your sponsor received the email, was it the actual sponsor approval letter (basically the first of two parts needed for you to get AIP)? Did it say anything about the sponsor being approved, or eligible to sponsor you? If it did not, that could be why you haven't received your AIP.