xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
xandt said:
Application sent: May 13, 2014
Application received: May 20, 2014
Applicant AOR: August 8, 2014
Sponsor AOR: Feburary 17, 2015
CIC letter requesting medical and police certificates, AND ENTIRE APPLICATION PACKAGE RESUBMITTED: October 2, 2015. Deadline: November 1, 2015
Medical done: October 5, 2015
Police certificate could not be done on time. New application package submitted: October 28, 2015
Police certificate submitted: November 9, 2015
CIC letter to sponsor. Sponsorship approved: November 23, 2015
CIC letter to applicant. Informing interview to be scheduled soon: November 26, 2015
CIC letter to applicant. Informing landing interview: November 30, 2015
Landing interview: December 3, 2015
Landed: December 3, 2015 :)

PR Card wait time: 52 days.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
You don't need to wait for the return package to cancel the inland application. You can do that any time before DM. To start outland application, it doesn't matter if you are in status or not. To outland applicant, I don't think there is such concept as "implied status", as that only applies when you are waiting for the application on "status change" within Canada.

crystallps said:
Hoping someone here can give me some insight.

My inland app + OWP will be returned due to a mistake on a form. We are assuming it will be returned around the 4-month mark which is in January. My visitor status expires December 10 but I am covered under implied status for now.

Our plan is to start over with a new outland app (learned our lesson; inland timeline is crazy) as soon as the inland one gets returned. However, we would like to travel for 2 weeks after the inland one is no longer in process, and then return to Canada and start over.

Do I (US Citizen) need to be in-status in Canada before I can leave and reapply?

What I want to do is renew my visitor visa now to be covered when the implied status no longer applies come January, leave Canada within a month or two (I assume that will void my visitor extension as soon as I leave?) and return to Canada the same way (visitor/visa-exempt) in 2-3 weeks. Does that sound like the right way to do this?

penimoet

Jan 22, 2015
serida said:
I had a similar situation as you last year. I got a file number after my first time submit my application. After one month they Retured my whole package because of one form. I submitted a week later and received a new file number in one month. Do you have your tracking number? I think you can check if they received your new applicantion.
Yes i do have it and i checked the track number they already received it. But i dont know why cic didn't confirm it through email like the one before :(
Hopefully my application didn't lost somewhere.
Btw i wanna know if its possible to apply temporary driver license while waiting our process?

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
penimoet said:
Yes i do have it and i checked the track number they already received it. But i dont know why cic didn't confirm it through email like the one before :(
Hopefully my application didn't lost somewhere.
Btw i wanna know if its possible to apply temporary driver license while waiting our process?
I was in your shoes last year. Got first AOR, then in a week my package was returned. Second time I received AOR a bit later. The timeline for the AOR changes all the time, some people never receive it. According to the spreadsheet, it takes around 3 months now. Try checking e-cas if you have your uci. As soon as they type in your info there, you can be pretty sure, the app won't be returned.

As for the drivers license, the rules differ from one province to another. In Ontario I had no problems of getting one.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Re: 2014 November Applications

GustavesF said:
I estimate that 80% of my posts on this topic result from your replies.

I know your intention is to show me that change is impossible, and that you want me to complain to the parties in power to get it fixed myself, but that's not how government works. I've done my part, every level of government I have access to knows what issues I have with their systems.

The reason our systems are so bad is because everyone accepts them as such.

I agree with you about unions.
They promote an environment of laziness and inefficiency. There's no reason to be valuable, or marketable. Just lay there and be fed.
I am certainly not getting quality service for my taxes and fees.
I've seen corporations axe their union to usher in a real workforce, and I anxiously more of the same.

I'd love the government to do the same. Get employees that earn their worth.
I'm tired of dealing with entitled incompetence and their opaque operation.
The only reason everyone seems to accept the government inept performance is that they all know that as long as union exist in the government with gold plate benefits and pay, nothing will change.

The only sliver of hope that any efficiency comes into government is a party willing to replace the workforce with non-union staff. Conservatives was at least seriously looking at cutting the fat off the meat (banked sick days) or at least trying to make an effort of it. The liberals wont do it as we have seen with the wynn government. Ie. giving away our money to teachers union when supposedly there are no more money left for raises. Thought it was suppose to be net neutral.

penimoet

Jan 22, 2015
lighty_j said:
I was in your shoes last year. Got first AOR, then in a week my package was returned. Second time I received AOR a bit later. The timeline for the AOR changes all the time, some people never receive it. According to the spreadsheet, it takes around 3 months now. Try checking e-cas if you have your uci. As soon as they type in your info there, you can be pretty sure, the app won't be returned.

As for the drivers license, the rules differ from one province to another. In Ontario I had no problems of getting one.
Hey lighty,
Thx for ur advice. Ya i try with uci to check my application and it said they already received my package at october 22nd 2014. I don't need to be worry anymore now.

And yaa i try to go to icbc today. I lived in Vancouver. And i tried it before 5 months ago they refused me as i didn't have anything from cic only the letter that they did receive my application. But today they finally can accept my letter as a proof that im still waiting for my pr and didn't have my extended visitor record because cic said its not necessary while ur passport still valid. They allow me to do knowledge test today. Im so happy for it. At least i can have a temporary driver license here.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015

screech339 said:
The only reason everyone seems to accept the government inept performance is that they all know that as long as union exist in the government with gold plate benefits and pay, nothing will change.

The only sliver of hope that any efficiency comes into government is a party willing to replace the workforce with non-union staff. Conservatives was at least seriously looking at cutting the fat off the meat (banked sick days) or at least trying to make an effort of it. The liberals wont do it as we have seen with the wynn government. Ie. giving away our money to teachers union when supposedly there are no more money left for raises. Thought it was suppose to be net neutral.
Just cross your fingers that NDP never wins or they'll undo all the progress we've made toward diminishing union presence.

Oinkoink

Nov 24, 2015
Hi guys,

We received AIP last week and now my husband is eligible to apply for OWP (he has no status in Canada right now).

I have a questions regarding the process of applying for Open Work Permit. My husband has created a login on CIC website to apply online. After clicking on "Visitor visa, study or work permit" application he gets a screen asking for personal reference code. However, when he goes through the questionnaire, he gets a message that he is eligible for spousal sponsorship and no personal reference code. Can someone please guide us through this process? Is there a way to simply skip this step and apply for the work permit?

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

GustavesF said:
Just cross your fingers that NDP never wins or they'll undo all the progress we've made toward diminishing union presence.
The liberals are already doing that now.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015

screech339 said:
The liberals are already doing that now.
Yes, unfortunately the Liberals will ensure that the nation invests in as much into annoying, useless, expensive, politically-fun things as possible.
I would have to imagine that NDP would have been even worse.

Democracy can be annoying when the majority of people out there have no understanding of personal value or self-entitlement, and think "credit" cards are "magical gift" cards.

I'm sure all the other countries are laughing at us, the largest source of fresh water, the largest producer of oxygen, the second largest country, with the population of California, and we're supposed to be worried about emissions per capita?

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
You make some nice points about Canada but each person in the 'western' countries are producing (literally) tons of CO2 and most of the developing nations are producing relatively little CO2 yet they will suffer worse from the consequences of global climate change. There is absolutely no doubt that the USA needs to do the most though!

We all have a responsibility to try to reduce our greenhouse emissions. It's not even that hard given the available technology. We just need to invest in it and the government is probably the best suited to make some of the larger investments. They can also pass some laws with teeth to force the rest of us to do more too. We can all try and use more efficient lighting, cars, etc. and try to use them less too. (Shame on anyone using incandescent lighting since LED bulbs are pretty cheap now and use a trickle of electric.)

I'm so glad that something finally seems to be happening. So I take issue with people criticizing this progress.

virk1129

Aug 26, 2014
Hello everyone,
I had recieved csq a few days ago and the letter with the csq sqid that the cic has been informed about the issuance of csq. Do i also have to send the csq to cic? I havent been instructed to do so though.
Thanks

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Oinkoink said:
Hi guys,

We received AIP last week and now my husband is eligible to apply for OWP (he has no status in Canada right now).

I have a questions regarding the process of applying for Open Work Permit. My husband has created a login on CIC website to apply online. After clicking on "Visitor visa, study or work permit" application he gets a screen asking for personal reference code. However, when he goes through the questionnaire, he gets a message that he is eligible for spousal sponsorship and no personal reference code. Can someone please guide us through this process? Is there a way to simply skip this step and apply for the work permit?

Thanks
Similar thing happened to me when I tried this. I called them and they said they "must be having technical issue" I could almost hear him shrug over the phone.

Don't waste your time on that, apply offline instead, the wait period is shorter as well.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hi,
I got this email from CIC today, yesterday the already extended deadline from my PR card passed. Anybody got this email? Maybe when I get home today, my card will be in the mail! Probably a dream :p

UCI: XXXXXXXX

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/09/24.

-NAME

When should I contact CIC?

You must notify Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:

Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;

Decision to withdraw your application;

Change of contact information: e-mail, mailing address, telephone number;

You found your lost PR card - application for replacement is in process, card must be destroyed, replacement application not yet in process.

Changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

How do I check the status of my application?

You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located on this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the "Most requested" section on the right-hand side of the page, select "Check your application status".

How long will it take to process my application?

Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp.

Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney

________
UPDATE: I just talked to a CIC Agent and she told me that my card was approved for production but it wasn't sent out yet. She wrote them a note...
She confirmed I should get it in a week or 2.