+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Ponga said:
If you're waiting for your landing appointment, that means you've already received DM, correct?

If so, you don't need the OWP at all! You'll land long before the OWP would be received anyway!
As a matter of fact, you should request a refund for the OWP ASAP.
Well, I have submitted the OWP mid of July knowing it takes them 4 months to process and issue it. I kind of knew back then that something will come up with the PR before the end of November so I made sure I will have at least the OWP by the end of November.
Now, after 6.5 weeks of waiting for the landing interview (and yes, I have received my DM on September 29th, 2015 :) ) I kind of need that OWP since I would like to avoid to stop working for a while just because my CIC office is abnormally slow. Does that make sense?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we got landing interview on 24 Nov 2015. what they gonna ask during interview? i

Flo85 said:
Usually by email. I do recall to have read in the forum that people got the invitation to interview via mail but I think these are very rare cases. It'll most likely be via email.
Happy waiting :)

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Oh man, oh man, oh man.
I just got a call from that CIC office. I have my interview on the 19th. Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh!
The CIC officer replied to my fax, which I have sent out on Tuesday and she told me that she had no notice whatsoever from CIC that I am waiting for my landing interview. Even the ones sent out from the call centre agents. Crazy, just luck that I got that fax number from one of the agents.

My waiting is finally coming to an end. I will post all my dates and the contact info for that office once I passed my interview. :)

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flo85 said:
Oh man, oh man, oh man.
I just got a call from that CIC office. I have my interview on the 19th. Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh!
The CIC officer replied to my fax, which I have sent out on Tuesday and she told me that she had no notice whatsoever from CIC that I am waiting for my landing interview. Even the ones sent out from the call centre agents. Crazy, just luck that I got that fax number from one of the agents.

My waiting is finally coming to an end. I will post all my dates and the contact info for that office once I passed my interview. :)
Congratulations....which CIC office are you LANDING?

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i also got mail today in addition to e mail for landing interview. ;)

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Feb 2014 Applicant. Still waiting for DM. AIP in May this year. Asked for second medical in end of August, now continue waiting. Very frustrated!!

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
PTJ said:
Congratulations....which CIC office are you LANDING?
CIC office Yellowknife, NT. There are probably just a handful of applicants per year for that office, so its probably not very valuable for that forum here.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Does anyone know what kind of timeline I can expect out of getting an OHIP card?

For example, assuming that I've finally tricked the clerks at OHIP in to giving us coverage, and they put a certain date that coverage will begin on, does that mean we'll actually have a card by that date?

If my date for coverage was November 10, does that mean I should have gotten a card by November 10, or does that mean they load up the delivery toad on November 10th and after 14 to 18 weeks I'll actually get the card.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
GustavesF said:
Does anyone know what kind of timeline I can expect out of getting an OHIP card?

For example, assuming that I've finally tricked the clerks at OHIP in to giving us coverage, and they put a certain date that coverage will begin on, does that mean we'll actually have a card by that date?

If my date for coverage was November 10, does that mean I should have gotten a card by November 10, or does that mean they load up the delivery toad on November 10th and after 14 to 18 weeks I'll actually get the card.
For me the card arrived roughly 7 days before my OHIP was to take effect. I suspect it is the same for everyone.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Alurra71 said:
For me the card arrived roughly 7 days before my OHIP was to take effect. I suspect it is the same for everyone.
That would make the most sense... but my expectations were low.

Thanks!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:

You finally tricked the clerks? How can you trick them when your DM letter is the official proof of your spouse qualifying for PR. Anyway despite the red tape one had to go through to qualify for OHIP, Ontario Service has been very consistent in getting sent OHIP cards in time before the coverage begins. It is the norm to get OHIP cards before coverage begins. However if in the event that the card did not arrive in time for coverage, in your case, on November 10, you can go to Ontario Service again and they will issue you the paper with OHIP coverage number effective immediately.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
You finally tricked the clerks? How can you trick them when your DM letter is the official proof of your spouse qualifying for PR. Anyway despite the red tape one had to go through to qualify for OHIP, Ontario Service has been very consistent in getting sent OHIP cards in time before the coverage begins. It is the norm to get OHIP cards before coverage begins. However if in the event that the card did not arrive in time for coverage, in your case, on November 10, you can go to Ontario Service again and they will issue you the paper with OHIP coverage number effective immediately.
Finally tricked them. Victory at last.