LANDED..........
October 28, 2015

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msbozick said:
Landed today!

It was super easy. It only took an hour to get my COPR and also update my SIN at Service Canada.

She only asked us the basic questions like have we ever been denied entry to Canada, have we ever been convicted of a crime or if we were on any kind of social assistance.
...does that means whoever on social assistance may not get PR at that stage? Or what's the implication? Just wondering

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Yes, that's an interesting question. How does maternity leave fit into that picture. My wife gets IE in her maternity year. That is social assistance, isn't it?

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Flo85 said:
Yes, that's an interesting question. How does maternity leave fit into that picture. My wife gets IE in her maternity year. That is social assistance, isn't it?
EI is not social assistance.

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
raffylopezcutora said:
Landed yesterday. It was a pretty quick interview but had to wait for around an hr waiting time for the interview. Updated SIN and processed OHIP. 1st day today living in Canada as PR :)
Wow! Congratulations! :)

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi guys. My husband landed today in Saskatoon. It was a smooth process. The Immigration Officer was very nice and friendly. She explained so many things to us like the wait times for PR card, she said on average it would take 3months time for my husband to get it. She also explained the condition 51 my husband has and explained the residency obligation of 2 out of 5 years and the 4 out of 6 years for citizenship. He just asked the 3 basic questions to my husband and took his work permits and thats it. Gave him his COPR and stamped his passport. Thank you so much for this group and for all those still waiting. Hang in there guys it will come.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Does anyone know if this website is accurate for PR card arrival?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
I just got my PR card in the mail during the weekend.

This process is finally and officially done! ;D ;D

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
atanto said:
I just got my PR card in the mail during the weekend.

This process is finally and officially done! ;D ;D
So how long did it take from LANDING till PR Card for you?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
PTJ said:
So how long did it take from LANDING till PR Card for you?
Apparently Atanto landed September 14th. Going by previous posts.

So it looks like PR cards are taking roughly 49 days.

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
So, here an update on the CIC office in Yellowknife.
It's been 5 weeks after I got my DM letter and waiting for them to give me an appointment for my landing interview.
I just called the call centre and they were looking into my file and since it's been 5 weeks, they have sent an email to the Yellowknife CIC office with the request to contact me. Here is the kicker, that agent mentioned that can take up to 3 months!!

Does anyone know another way of contacting them? My work visa is going to expire by the end of November and I would like to avoid all those additional fees and effort to get a visitor visa for the time being just because that CIC office doesn't seem to be working at all.
I read somewhere here in the forum that it is possible to contact the MP of the province/territory to look into a case? Is that a reliable option?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Flo85 said:
So, here an update on the CIC office in Yellowknife.
It's been 5 weeks after I got my DM letter and waiting for them to give me an appointment for my landing interview.
I just called the call centre and they were looking into my file and since it's been 5 weeks, they have sent an email to the Yellowknife CIC office with the request to contact me. Here is the kicker, that agent mentioned that can take up to 3 months!!

Does anyone know another way of contacting them? My work visa is going to expire by the end of November and I would like to avoid all those additional fees and effort to get a visitor visa for the time being just because that CIC office doesn't seem to be working at all.
I read somewhere here in the forum that it is possible to contact the MP of the province/territory to look into a case? Is that a reliable option?
Our MP was absolutely helpful, but they can be in contact with the main CIC office. I don't think that they have a special contact with the small local CIC office. But there is nothing to loose, so you can give it a try.
I have found only one member on the spreadsheet, who was landing in Yellowknife, but he was from the FB group, so you have to join them if you would like to get in touch with him. He must know the email address and fax number of the office.
But I have to add, that this member got his DM on June 30th, and landed on September 8th, 2015. I don't know when he received the landing interview letter, but it took him 10 weeks to landing from DM. Interview letters can come on a rather short notice, so according to this one single information that we have from this office, you will most likely have to wait a few more weeks.
If you have an OWP, or something else that is extendable, you can try and send a paper application for OWP. It would give you implied status, so you can continue to work, at it will take ~4 months to get approved. As soon as you become a PR, you can cancel your application for OWP and you can get your money back.