Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Landed today!

It was super easy. It only took an hour to get my COPR and also update my SIN at Service Canada.

She only asked us the basic questions like have we ever been denied entry to Canada, have we ever been convicted of a crime or if we were on any kind of social assistance.

She gave me my COPR and then told us to treat each other well and that she hoped we have a beautiful life together

Then we walked downstairs and literally waited 1 minute to meet with an agent to update my SIN. We stopped at AMA to update my AB Health Care on the way home.

So everything is done and she said the wait time for my card is 44 days!

Our appointment was between 9 and 10am. We got there at 9:10 and we were out of there at 10:05. The worst part was that we paid for 3 hours of parking LOL.

Overall a great experience and we are SO HAPPY.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
SamHom said:
It also says "please bring your current social insurance number card that begins with a "9" with you."
But I don't have any social insurance or any card...what are they referring too?

Is my UCI my social inseuance? It does start with a 9. But no card.
No, your UCI is not your social insurance number. You would only have a SIN if you were previously entitled to work in Canada. Don't worry about it if you don't have one.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
LANDED TODAY..

Easy process.. but had to wait around 2.5 hours..

Checked passports, didn't even check addresses or anything and they must have used what was on Ecas

Asked 3 basic questions.

Also for some strange reason I don't have Condition 51 (Conditional Status) I just have Condition 0... Doesn't matter anyway

I just realized that my husband's CoPR doesn't state any conditions which is weird. I was expecting condition 51.. Does anybody else have that on their document?

I asked her about my Trip I have planned in December to the Bahamas and I said that I will not have my PR card by then and that If I could use my British passport to get back into Canada as its Visa Exempt and I could tell she didn't have a clue and just said that you need a Travel document....

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
SamHom said:
I have my landing this Monday! So it took pretty much exactly a month between DM and the actual landing appointment!

Just a few questions in regards to this...

1. What can I expect?

2. Do we need to bring two photos taken within the last 12 months of my wife (sponsor) as well? It says "2 photos for each person on this application". Pretty sure it's just for me, but wanna make sure.

3. It doesn't say anything about bringing proof that we have payed for the application. But I guess we should do that anyway? That's what I've been told on here anyway.
Congrats SamHom, how did they contact you for the landing interview? email or mail? I'm still waiting, 4.5 weeks.

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
Landed yesterday. It was a pretty quick interview but had to wait for around an hr waiting time for the interview. Updated SIN and processed OHIP. 1st day today living in Canada as PR :)

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Flo85 said:
Congrats SamHom, how did they contact you for the landing interview? email or mail? I'm still waiting, 4.5 weeks.
By regular email. I can't remember, but are you waiting for the Etobicoke office?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Etobicoke office is an absolute zoo, so busy and during the time I was there they only had 2 or 3 Windows open out of 20 during the busiest time.

Arrive as early as possible to avoid waiting.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Etobicoke office is an absolute zoo, so busy and during the time I was there they only had 2 or 3 Windows open out of 20 during the busiest time.

Arrive as early as possible to avoid waiting.
I actually drove by it last night just to see the building and get mentally prepared. I know the landing should be extremely easy but still wanna make sure to get everything right. Big day for sure. Almost wondering if its even bigger than our wedding day, sadly.

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
SamHom said:
By regular email. I can't remember, but are you waiting for the Etobicoke office?
No, I'm waiting for the Yellowknife office to contact me. Apparently one of the slowest offices in the country.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Flo85 said:
No, I'm waiting for the Yellowknife office to contact me. Apparently one of the slowest offices in the country.
I guess they may be extra lazy this time of year with the lack of sufficient daylight :)

Hopefully soon though, since its a small office, could you go there and talk to them?

Flo85

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Well, unfortunately I live 5h away from Yellowknife and it looks like they work like this up here in general. I've waited once over 3 months to get my drivers license. In the end I can't do anything but wait. It's just frustrating to see how big cities can handle high volumes of applications and up here....

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Flo85 said:
Well, unfortunately I live 5h away from Yellowknife and it looks like they work like this up here in general. I've waited once over 3 months to get my drivers license. In the end I can't do anything but wait. It's just frustrating to see how big cities can handle high volumes of applications and up here....
Yeah, it must ber very annoying. I completely understand. Out of pure curiosity, may I ask where you are from, and how exactly you ended up 5h outside Yellowknife?

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
raffylopezcutora said:
Landed yesterday. It was a pretty quick interview but had to wait for around an hr waiting time for the interview. Updated SIN and processed OHIP. 1st day today living in Canada as PR :)
congrats! :p