+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Doesn't a couple become officially common-law one year after they started living together? I am not familiar with other immigration streams, but the inland guide advises that "Common-law: This means that you have lived continuously with your partner in a marital-type relationship for a minimum of one year."
So, according to this, he wasn't her common-law partner by the time she became a PR.
They started living together on April 1, 2013. Their date of eligibility was ( really) April 1, 2014, so they were C-L on the day that she landed on April 6, 2014.

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Ponga said:
They started living together on April 1, 2013. Their date of eligibility was ( really) April 1, 2014, so they were C-L on the day that she landed on April 6, 2014.
But we weren't in a committed/ conjugal/ marital relationship then. Hopefully this is sorted soon once I have the email address

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb2013 said:
But we weren't in a committed/ conjugal/ marital relationship then. Hopefully this is sorted soon once I have the email address
According to what you've said here...yes you were.

You say that:

You moved in together on April 1, 2013.

The date of entering into Common-Law on your boyfriend/partner's application is April 2, 2014

You landed on April 6, 2014 as a single woman.

CIC isn't stupid; they'll see that you were living together as of April 1, 2013 and then see that he's stating that your relationship started on April 2, 2013. After 1 full year, you would then be deemed Common-Law and thus eligible for the sponsorship application...on April 2, 2014...which is the day that he has used in his application.

How can you argue with what you've stated in the application?

You can't say that you were living together as of April 1, 2013 but were just friends on April 6, 2013, meaning that exactly one year later on April 6, 2014 (when you laded) you had not yet qualified to be Common-Law, because you were!

endless82

Sep 15, 2015
UPDATE

endless82 said:
I submitted sponsorship PR for my wife in Sept 2014, and

received e-mail that saying this on 11/19/2014

This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on
2014/10/21.

I received this e-mail on July 31/ 2015

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/21 on behalf of the following member(s): MY WIFE

and yesterday Sep 14/2015 I had 1 e-mail and my wife got 2 e-mails stating

first e-mail for my wife -

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.

second e-mail for my wife -

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

and e-mail for me -

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of WIFE's NAME and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

I was searching this forum and people were saying that second e-mail my wife got is a DM.
I was expecting to get it mid next year so I am pretty much confused and surprised right now. :eek: we got all 3 e-mails yesterday afternoon.

Is this really a DM ? does this sound good ??

Oct 21, my received NOTICE OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT / AVIS D'ENTREVUE POUR LA CONFIRMATION DE LA RÉSIDENCE PERMANENTE e-mail !!! it is for this coming Tuesday (27th) morning!

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
I posted it in the Facebook group, but totally forgot to post on here. I got AIP and DM on the 20th. Edmonton office. Now to wait for the landing interview. :D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Oh, sorry, I messed up with the years. Then I agree 100%, it doesn't look good at all. And I have no idea what could be done to make things right (or less worse).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
endless82 said:
UPDATE

Oct 21, my received NOTICE OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT / AVIS D'ENTREVUE POUR LA CONFIRMATION DE LA RÉSIDENCE PERMANENTE e-mail !!! it is for this coming Tuesday (27th) morning!
Congrats! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Gaymer said:
I posted it in the Facebook group, but totally forgot to post on here. I got AIP and DM on the 20th. Edmonton office. Now to wait for the landing interview. :D
Congrats to you as well! :) Please let us know when you receive your landing appointment.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
sophieee said:
Congrats to you as well! :) Please let us know when you receive your landing appointment.
Thanks! And idea on how fast the Edmonton office is? Lol.

xandt

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Per the request from CIC for Police Certificate, we had to travel to the country of my previous residency to get it, as doing it remotely is almost impossible, especially under the tight time frame. Just came back today. Told CBSA officer at the airport the reason of the trip and showed the OWP, we had no problem coming back in. There wasn't any tough questions. Only a few friendly questions and we were welcome back home.

The Police Certificate from my country of citizenship, however, was just mailed out today. It might take 6-9 working days to arrive. I'll have to mail out the requested documents out to CIC without it, as I can't miss the deadline of Nov.1, which is on Sunday. Everything I can provide so far has to arrive CIC by Oct. 30.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have my landing Interview.

So glad this is nearly over.
This might be of interest to you...er, I mean `your friend', since you've been so vocal in the past about how things like this NEVER happen:

Merida said:
Hello All...

apologies first if, in my blind panic, I'm posting in the wrong section... but I didn't find anything dedicated to my situation.

I'm in a pickle and I need HELP!!

I was sponsored by my husband and I got my P.R last year. It has been almost exactly one year I have held my (conditional) P.R for. We have been married for just under two years. The condition on the PR states that we must cohabit for the two years. I often have had to work away for months at a time - still within canada but out of province. Whenever I wasnt working, I'd be back at home with him. Our house was always my home, I lived in temporary employer provided accommodation while I worked out of province. I am now finished with working away and I wont have to do that again now I have moved into the next phase of my career - it was essential for me to have done this, career wise.

The problem is that about a month ago a border guard came to our home, while I was working away, and stated that they had received an anonymous tip that our marriage was fraudulent. Clearly, with me not being there at the time it looked really bad.... he was very suspicious. He said that we now have to wait on a letter from CIC which will request us to prove our marriage was genuine. Our marriage is genuine but technically, I have broken the condition of the pr by not continually co-habiting due to work. And then theres the issue of someone calling in a tip and the border guard visiting and not believing a thing we said. Where do we go from here? what happens next? We were about to move house - now we dont know whether to delay this incase the worst happens and he cant afford it on his own. We are going on vacation and now im worried i'll have issues getting back in to canada. Does anyone know what the process is from here? Or what outcomes any similar circumstances have had? Will CIC revoke my PR based on me breaking the conditions even if we show that the marriage is genuine? This feels as though its going to be a whole bunch more paperwork just like the application for pr all over again......utterly soul destroying.
In this case, the person may be ok because the separation is due to work, but in your [friend's] case...he may be not so lucky.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
This might be of interest to you...er, I mean `your friend', since you've been so vocal in the past about how things like this NEVER happen:

In this case, the person may be ok because the separation is due to work, but in your [friend's] case...he may be not so lucky.
Where is the original post by that person?

Please stop with your accusations.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone comment on which address they accept for the landing interview?

My issue is that myself and my spouse is landing next week and we have also purchased a house together which we are moving into in 35 days..

Can I give them my new address which we are moving into for the address to send the PR Card even though we are not living there yet?