September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
Good morning guys.

I already received the email for landing interview. I am scheduled next week Oct. 28,2015. Stay positive guys to those who are waiting. Thank you so much to all who helped me , Ponga, Sophiee and many more. A big big thanks. What an early bithday present for me

:)

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
raffylopezcutora said:
Good morning guys.

I already received the email for landing interview. I am scheduled next week Oct. 28,2015. Stay positive guys to those who are waiting. Thank you so much to all who helped me , Ponga, Sophiee and many more. A big big thanks. What an early bithday present for me

:)
Did your ecas update to say that a letter has been sent? (landing)

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Zuhra Z said:
Hi,
I'm a Canadian citizen and I sent an inland app on Jan 24/14 to sponsor my spouse who's American (and out-of-status right now). A few months later, we got the AOR. Then, we got the letter requesting the CSQ. We got it and sent it. We sent an app for OWP. Then, medicals were requested. Got them and sent them. We got SA and AIP today. They seem like general letters they send to everyone when they get their SA and AIP. Nothing is requested. We haven't done the police check though. I'm just wondering what to do now. When will my spouse get his work permit, license, and medical card? What are the next steps from my part and from CIC's part until he becomes a permanent resident?
Congrats!! Now your spouse is eligible to get RAMQ card!!! You just go to RAMQ office with CSQ, AIP, and passport of your spouse.

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Hello,

I have a similar query to Saskatoon. Noted the dates below

Common Law date in app - Apr 2014
Date for Landing - Apr 2014 (few days after listed common law date)
OWP - Apr 2015 till 2017

ECAS shows in process. Will this application be denied? And what can be done to fix this ? If denied will the OWP be automatically cancelled ?

very worried and trying to figure out options

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb2013 said:
Hello,

I have a similar query to Saskatoon. Noted the dates below

Common Law date in app - Apr 2014
Date for Landing - Apr 2014 (few days after listed common law date)
OWP - Apr 2015 till 2017

ECAS shows in process. Will this application be denied? And what can be done to fix this ? If denied will the OWP be automatically cancelled ?

very worried and trying to figure out options

Sounds like you may in fact have the same problem.

If you are denied sponsor approval, the applicant's OWP will likely be invalid.

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Ponga said:
Sounds like you may in fact have the same problem.

If you are denied sponsor approval, the applicant's OWP will likely be invalid.
Even if the difference is just 3 to 4 days. It was an oversight

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb2013 said:
Even if the difference is just 3 to 4 days. It was an oversight
Unfortunately...yes, just as applying 3 or 4 days before reaching Common-Law status would deny an applicant.

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Ponga said:
Unfortunately...yes, just as applying 3 or 4 days before reaching Common-Law status would deny an applicant.
The issue is that the lease date was start of April 2013 (which is the date we considered) although we became a committed couple a few weeks after that (not sure of exact date). We were room mates and friends before that and lived with a few other students. Can we contact CIC now and update the dates before any decision is made ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb2013 said:
The issue is that the lease date was start of April 2013 (which is the date we considered) although we became a committed couple a few weeks after that (not sure of exact date). We were room mates and friends before that and lived with a few other students. Can we contact CIC now and update the dates before any decision is made ?
What is the exact date that you landed as a PR?

What is the exact date that your partner used as the date that s/he entered into your Common-Law relationship?

What is the exact date that the sponsorship application was received by CIC?

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Ponga said:
What is the exact date that you landed as a PR?

What is the exact date that your partner used as the date that s/he entered into your Common-Law relationship?

What is the exact date that the sponsorship application was received by CIC?

Apr 6, 2014

Apr 2, 2014

Dec 10, 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no way to change the fact now that CIC will soon be aware that on the day that you landed, you were NOT single.

I suppose one option would be for you to cancel the entire application ASAP (before your portion of the application is started, if it hasn't already!) and re-submit everything again, showing a Common-Law date of sometime after April 6, 2014, but...that's not really the truth, is it. This would also mean that your partner's OWP would be invalid, but I guess you could include another OWP with the new PR application and pay the fees again.

Or...you can do nothing and wait and see what CIC decides.

Good luck!

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Ponga said:
There's no way to change the fact now that CIC will soon be aware that on the day that you landed, you were NOT single.

I suppose one option would be for you to cancel the entire application ASAP (before your portion of the application is started, if it hasn't already!) and re-submit everything again, showing a Common-Law date of sometime after April 6, 2014, but...that's not really the truth, is it. This would also mean that your partner's OWP would be invalid, but I guess you could include another OWP with the new PR application and pay the fees again.

Or...you can do nothing and wait and see what CIC decides.

Good luck!
If they do decide that I am not eligible can my partner apply under the PNP program if he qualifies ? If yes would he need to list me as common law partner and include an explanation of why the Family Sponsorship route did not work ? One of the criteria for PNP eligibility is to not be a spouse or common law partner of a citizen or PR and apply via Family Class Sponsorship. Is that still enforceable in this case ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nb2013 said:
If they do decide that I am not eligible can my partner apply under the PNP program if he qualifies ? If yes would he need to list me as common law partner and include an explanation of why the Family Sponsorship route did not work ? One of the criteria for PNP eligibility is to not be a spouse or common law partner of a citizen or PR and apply via Family Class Sponsorship. Is that still enforceable in this case ?
Perhaps, but if CIC finds out that you landed without declaring your Common-Law partner (which you did), you are at risk of having your own PR revoked. For this reason alone, it's imperative that you figure out what needs to happen now ASAP!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Doesn't a couple become officially common-law one year after they started living together? I am not familiar with other immigration streams, but the inland guide advises that "Common-law: This means that you have lived continuously with your partner in a marital-type relationship for a minimum of one year."
So, according to this, he wasn't her common-law partner by the time she became a PR.

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
sophieee said:
Doesn't a couple become officially common-law one year after they started living together? I am not familiar with other immigration streams, but the inland guide advises that "Common-law: This means that you have lived continuously with your partner in a marital-type relationship for a minimum of one year."
So, according to this, he wasn't her common-law partner by the time she became a PR.
That's right. I did not lie at the time of landing. The issue is we accidentally put the lease start date in the application forms... My only question is about contacting CIC to correct the information before making the decision. Can someone please provide me the email address for CIC.