18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Toronto84 said:
Hey everyone,

I have a quick question.

If someone, from a Visa exempt country, has an open work permit for two more years (2017) and they left Canada temporarily for a short visit and they returned to Canada, and the Canada Border Agent stamped their passport, do they have to do a visa extension after six months or not because of the work permit?

Thank you
Your OWP is still valid until 2017 despite having your passport stamped when you return to Canada. The stamp only means the date you entered Canada nothing more.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hi!

We have to show our receipt during landing to provide evidence we've paid the RPRF. We have paid 1040$ for our application, I'm 100% that we paid the RPRF while applying, so is that receipt enough? It doesn't outline what we paid for, it's just the amount.

jamique

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaryLou6 said:
Hi!

We have to show our receipt during landing to provide evidence we've paid the RPRF. We have paid 1040$ for our application, I'm 100% that we paid the RPRF while applying, so is that receipt enough? It doesn't outline what we paid for, it's just the amount.
Yes that's the receipt you need to bring and RPRF is included in the $1,040.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
jamique said:
Yes that's the receipt you need to bring and RPRF is included in the $1,040.
Thanks jamique, +1!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
GustavesF said:
They didn't accept emails because emails can be fraudulent, they're just making sure you aren't a scammer!
Arguing against the divine wisdom of the government... shame shame shame.
My "favourite" part about the government's residency requirements proof is that you must have a MAILED credit card / bank statement. So if you have online statements (or no statements) you're SOL. Who the F still gets mailed statements?

However, I can say for a fact that "someone" I know may have just printed off an eStatement using good paper and a colour laser and passed it off as "mailed" without issue. The government is 10 years behind, and completely incompetent.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
My "favourite" part about the government's residency requirements proof is that you must have a MAILED credit card / bank statement. So if you have online statements (or no statements) you're SOL. Who the F still gets mailed statements?

However, I can say for a fact that "someone" I know may have just printed off an eStatement using good paper and a colour laser and passed it off as "mailed" without issue. The government is 10 years behind, and completely incompetent.
Yeah, the government is retarded. You could probably replace all of their current computer systems with a gameboy.
My wife gets no bills mailed to her at all, she only has her credit card bill which is an e-bill. I only get one bill mailed to me, and the reason I do so is so I can renew my drivers license when I need to.

What we've used time and time again is her drivers license. I don't remember how I tricked them into giving us an Ontario license, but somehow we did, and we're using that for proof for everything else that needs it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Yeah, the government is retarded. You could probably replace all of their current computer systems with a gameboy.
My wife gets no bills mailed to her at all, she only has her credit card bill which is an e-bill. I only get one bill mailed to me, and the reason I do so is so I can renew my drivers license when I need to.

What we've used time and time again is her drivers license. I don't remember how I tricked them into giving us an Ontario license, but somehow we did, and we're using that for proof for everything else that needs it.
Getting an ontario driver licence has no bearing on your immigration status. Ontario service doesn't care about your immigration status in Canada. It is strange that they don't care about your status in Canada for driver license but for OHIP they do. Perhaps it because you are using taxpayers money for health coverage but doesn't cost taxpayers a dime for your own driver licence.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Getting an ontario driver licence has no bearing on your immigration status. Ontario service doesn't care about your immigration status in Canada. It is strange that they don't care about your status in Canada for driver license but for OHIP they do. Perhaps it because you are using taxpayers money for health coverage but doesn't cost taxpayers a dime for your own driver license.
Regardless of whatever the drivers license has no bearing on, it's still the only "proof" we've used for every annoying residency checkpoint we've had to get through.

Regarding residency for drivers licenses, Ontario requires you get a drivers license if you're in the province for more than 2 months. And by "require" I mean "vaguely suggest", because all of the rules surrounding this "requirement" are completely unenforceable, come with no penalties, and there is absolutely no way for them to mandate compliance... but whatever, if you use their roads, they want you to be licensed in their province.

So yes, you can give them any address. I think my wife presented a bill with my name on it, and since we were married that's what they used.

Honestly, how do you even prove residency? A bill just means that you've paid for something and you at least know the person who lives there.
You certainly don't get a certificate from sleeping in the same house for 80% of each week.

Regarding OHIP, can you give your full-time-working-tax-paying high horse a rest?
I happen to pay more taxes than 95% of my fellow Canadians, and I can say with conviction that the amount of tax you pay does not, and I repeat, does not earn you anything.
Canada appears to be perfectly happy with you not paying any taxes at all.
I'm not sure why you keep beating that drum.

You can go preach about the evils of OHIP exploitation to the homeless who live in our Emergency Waiting Rooms or all the people who live abroad 6 months of the year and only come back for immunizations and checkups.
Go heckle them, I own a home in Canada with my spouse and I pay enough tax for there to be 10 or so of me.
In fact, and this may be surprising to you, everyone in this topic pays at least enough tax for a family of 2. Minimum.

If a person can live, in a home, without any public assistance, in Canada for 99% of the year or more, for more than 2 years, then trust me they're not exploiting OHIP.
OHIP is getting a piece from that person.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Regardless of whatever the drivers license has no bearing on, it's still the only "proof" we've used for every annoying residency checkpoint we've had to get through.

Regarding residency for drivers licenses, Ontario requires you get a drivers license if you're in the province for more than 2 months. And by "require" I mean "vaguely suggest", because all of the rules surrounding this "requirement" are completely unenforceable, come with no penalties, and there is absolutely no way for them to mandate compliance... but whatever, if you use their roads, they want you to be licensed in their province.

So yes, you can give them any address. I think my wife presented a bill with my name on it, and since we were married that's what they used.

Honestly, how do you even prove residency? A bill just means that you've paid for something and you at least know the person who lives there.
You certainly don't get a certificate from sleeping in the same house for 80% of each week.

Regarding OHIP, can you give your full-time-working-tax-paying high horse a rest?
I happen to pay more taxes than 95% of my fellow Canadians, and I can say with conviction that the amount of tax you pay does not, and I repeat, does not earn you anything.
Canada appears to be perfectly happy with you not paying any taxes at all.
I'm not sure why you keep beating that drum.

You can go preach about the evils of OHIP exploitation to the homeless who live in our Emergency Waiting Rooms or all the people who live abroad 6 months of the year and only come back for immunizations and checkups.
Go heckle them, I own a home in Canada with my spouse and I pay enough tax for there to be 10 or so of me.
In fact, and this may be surprising to you, everyone in this topic pays at least enough tax for a family of 2. Minimum.

If a person can live, in a home, without any public assistance, in Canada for 99% of the year or more, for more than 2 years, then trust me they're not exploiting OHIP.
OHIP is getting a piece from that person.
You seems to think that you are entitled to your wife's OHIP because you pay taxes. To qualify, you only need to be a legal resident of Ontario.

But you also seem to think that medical care is free for everyone. Hello, how do you think the doctors, nurses are all paid. By taxpayers. So I am only stating why ontario want proof that your wife will be a permanent resident of Ontario. OWP case 27 doesn't prove that one qualify to be PR.

Since your wife has DM, she can get OHIP in 3 months time. So no worries for you.

Silence.C

Apr 3, 2014
Hamilton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
DM: Aug 26,2015. Still waiting for the landing interview. Landing office: Hamilton. Anyone with me?

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
You seems to think that you are entitled to your wife's OHIP because you pay taxes. To qualify, you only need to be a legal resident of Ontario.

But you also seem to think that medical care is free for everyone. Hello, how do you think the doctors, nurses are all paid. By taxpayers. So I am only stating why ontario want proof that your wife will be a permanent resident of Ontario. OWP case 27 doesn't prove that one qualify to be PR.

Since your wife has DM, she can get OHIP in 3 months time. So no worries for you.
I think this sort of got off-topic from my original point. There's 3 items you require to get OHIP, and one is proof of residency which you can use the driver's license for as indicated (I don't understand why, I can keep my license but not live here...). At the time my spouse didn't have one, so then we had to use physical mail, which is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

I hope this isn't a requirement when renewing the driver's license because we literally get no mail at all at home, in either of our names, that isn't junk mail. All bills, statements (we actually don't even get statements now), etc. come online, or not at all. When I explained this to them they said "Well, I'm not sure. everyone gets *some* 'real' mail." When I asked if the banks could just print one at their office on their letterhead, Service Ontario also said no, it had to come in the god--n mother f-ing mail.

Anyways, I was angered, to say the least.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
automaton82 said:
I think this sort of got off-topic from my original point. There's 3 items you require to get OHIP, and one is proof of residency which you can use the driver's license for as indicated (I don't understand why, I can keep my license but not live here...). At the time my spouse didn't have one, so then we had to use physical mail, which is by far the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

I hope this isn't a requirement when renewing the driver's license because we literally get no mail at all at home, in either of our names, that isn't junk mail. All bills, statements (we actually don't even get statements now), etc. come online, or not at all. When I explained this to them they said "Well, I'm not sure. everyone gets *some* 'real' mail." When I asked if the banks could just print one at their office on their letterhead, Service Ontario also said no, it had to come in the god--n mother f-ing mail.

Anyways, I was angered, to say the least.
You should have someone mail you a birthday card, just to have...just in case. ;D

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
LANDED..........
Ponga said:
You should have someone mail you a birthday card, just to have...just in case. ;D
LOL if Service Ontario will accept birthday cards, then I definitely will! But knowing the gov, they'd only accept birthday cards with cats on them that play music when opened at 20dB or higher that were made after 2016 and not on planet Earth.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
LOL if Service Ontario will accept birthday cards, then I definitely will! But knowing the gov, they'd only accept birthday cards with cats on them that play music when opened at 20dB or higher that were made after 2016 and not on planet Earth.
Hahaha!

"Birthday cards are acceptable proof of residency if they include musical cats, not all sounds are considered music, the types of music that qualify are regulated at the Municipal level. See: on.gov.ca/CatMusic/~music_cats/ to determine your musical riding."

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
Hold up, is "proof of residency" or "proof of cohabitation" actually required? I checked over that document checklist I swear like 684839303 times and don't ever remember it being there.

What even is acceptable forms of it? We don't have an actual lease (were sub-letting from his cousin) but would printed pay stubbs or bank statements with the shared address count? I think I included a letter from our previous roommate that said we lived together for 6 months, when she moved out if that counts?