+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Estifanos2013

Jan 6, 2015
annakrystyna13 said:
Could someone please share their experience at the landing interview? I would like to know how long it takes, what kinds of questions they ask etc.
Did you get your Landing appointment in Etobicoke today?

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Estifanos2013 said:
Did you get your Landing appointment in Etobicoke today?
No, not yet. I just got a letter that the office in Etobicoke will contact me with the date and time. So I'm expecting the letter soon. I know that my husband needs 2 PR card but I don't know what else...

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whlee27 said:
Hello, All

We are Feb. 2014 applicant and received OWP last month. My wife, applicant, wants to enroll the post secondary school from Calgary. Can she take the any class from college even though she is waiting PR?? I believe she can get student visa if she's paying international student tuition.
Any advises?

Thanks.
Hi,

for most cases, she needs a study permit. As for tuition fee, at least in Ontario she would be eligible for domestic fees. Not sure about Alberta.

gem101

May 11, 2015
Please I need an advice, so my wife quit her job last month and she is sponsoring me. She wants to apply for EIA
I'm self employed and make a good living to support the family. we submitted our application Aug 29 and we have been married for almost a year now, I wanted to find out if it will affect our application please anyone advice.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
gem101 said:
Please I need an advice, so my wife quit her job last month and she is sponsoring me. She wants to apply for EIA
I'm self employed and make a good living to support the family. we submitted our application Aug 29 and we have been married for almost a year now, I wanted to find out if it will affect our application please anyone advice.

No it will not effect your application. As long as she is not taking welfare, you are okay.

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Ponga said:
If you are from a visa exempt country (for entry into Canada as well as the U.S.), you can fly using your passport (DON'T even tell the airline that you are a PR).

If you previously required a visa to enter Canada, you must have your PR Card to travel by commercial carrier (but can cross a land border with just you CoPR in a private vehicle).
Thank you for the info! :)

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi,

We are Feb 12,2014 applicants. We just received the AIP today by emails, which requesting finger prints. Has anyone been requested for finger prints? how long the second stage would be if only finger prints/RCMP clearance is requested?

We also received the OWP last week.

Thanks,
Tom

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
tomtomato said:
Hi,

We are Feb 12,2014 applicants. We just received the AIP today by emails, which requesting finger prints. Has anyone been requested for finger prints? how long the second stage would be if only finger prints/RCMP clearance is requested?

Thanks,
Tom
I'm Feb. 14, 2014 applicants, hope to hear good news soon! I just had my upfront medical yesterday. I hope they can match it with my File in Missassauga in few weeks time. congratulations!!!

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Carlaganda23 said:
I'm Feb. 14, 2014 applicants, hope to hear good news soon! I just had my upfront medical yesterday. I hope they can match it with my File in Missassauga in few weeks time. congratulations!!!
Did they request you to have the medical done? or you had one done, but doing another one in case they ask again?

Good luck with your application, you shall hear from them soon.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
tomtomato said:
Did they request you to have the medical done? or you had one done, but doing another one in case they ask again?

Good luck with your application, you shall hear from them soon.
I don't have a request for medical. I've done it upfront. The doctor that examined me said that he uses e-medical and I have the copy of my UMI number for my medical. So, I will send it today to match it.

Did you send more proof of cohabitation since Feb. 2014? I did send more proof of relationship and cohabitation last July 2014 and sent few more last May 10,2015. I just hope my application goes faster. I'm sick and tired seating at home doing nothing. I should be productive in my age.

Congratulations and I hope you will receive your DM soon. Schedule to do your fingerprinting in RCMP ASAP!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
As a note about medicals, my spouse had her medical done in October 2013 as an "upfront" before we submitted in December 2013. We are landing this month, and they never asked for a re-med. So I do not suggest anyone do a re-med before they ask for it, since it appears they are more than willing to extend it for over 1 year.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
automaton82 said:
As a note about medicals, my spouse had her medical done in October 2013 as an "upfront" before we submitted in December 2013. We are landing this month, and they never asked for a re-med. So I do not suggest anyone do a re-med before they ask for it, since it appears they are more than willing to extend it for over 1 year.
That's great automaton, and Congratulations!!! As for me, I never had an upfront medical. I done it before they requested, some people done it that way...and it seems okay!

I do have a copy of my Medical UMI# and I will send it through fax and email soon, did CIC request more proof of cohabitation since you applied in Dec. 2013?
Thanks.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomtomato said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Tom
Did your AIP letter specifically ask that you provide an RCMP police check?

Most AIP letters simply ask for a police check from any/all countries where the applicant has lived for more than 6 months since age 18 EXCEPT for Canada.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
tomtomato said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Tom
great news! congrats! do you know if your application was in process on ecas before aip? i am feb 13 and still for myself and my sponsor ecas only shows "application received"