Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
anng said:
Hi everyone. I would just like to ask. I tried logging in to ecas awhile ago and my UCI worked now after 9months of patiently waiting. It says on my part the sponsor it is in process. And it says we started processing your application february 11, 2015. What does that mean?
sir, you are lucky because you will hear good news soon, now your case is opened and gonna finalize within couple of months. Best of luck. Naveed

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
naveedpcs said:
sir, you are lucky because you will hear good news soon, now your case is opened and gonna finalize within couple of months. Best of luck. Naveed
hi naveed. That I hope so but we are inland applicants and where preparing for a 17months of first stage application and where on just on our 9th month.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
anng said:
hi naveed. That I hope so but we are inland applicants and where preparing for a 17months of first stage application and where on just on our 9th month.
Hi Anng, looks like I'm in your shoes.

You filed roughly a month after myself, and as of yesterday my ECAS is saying exactly the same thing as yours. So we both got ECAS access on the same day, and we are both being reported to be "In Process".
According to my ECAS they started processing my sponsorship application on January 24, so roughly 18 days before your date, or 26 days ago.
I'm guessing that some other applicants who applied a month before me got ECAS access yesterday too, and they'll have a date showing December 20-ish, or 60-odd days ago. Is there anyone like this out there?

I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't think that either of us are actually being processed right now, and if they are I really doubt we'll hear anything in 2 months. Given how incredibly terrible CIC is, they're processing 1 day a week now, I don't see how either of us are actually in process, especially since it appears that if they process application in order, we both should be waiting another year or more.

This might be some kind of miracle, and trust me, I'd love that, but I'm guessing it's just some kind of update to ECAS, some dates in the system that mean nothing.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
Hello,

Quick question: If I apply inland for PR and while waiting for it to be proceeded can I leave Canada to go visit my family if emergency happens for few weeks to Europe?
I don't need visitor visa as I have e-passport.

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Owl29 said:
Hello,

Quick question: If I apply inland for PR and while waiting for it to be proceeded can I leave Canada to go visit my family if emergency happens for few weeks to Europe?
I don't need visitor visa as I have e-passport.

Thanks
You can leave Canada while inland application is in process. However you leave with the risk of being denied re-entry back into Canada. Once you are denied, the inland application basically become void. Everyone has the same element of risk of being denied entry to Canada, regardless if the application was inland or outland. The only difference is that denial of entry has no effect on outland PR applications.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
screech339 said:
You can leave Canada while inland application is in process. However you leave with the risk of being denied re-entry back into Canada. Once you are denied, the inland application basically become void. Everyone has the same element of risk of being denied entry to Canada, regardless if the application was inland or outland. The only difference is that denial of entry has no effect on outland PR applications.
Thank you. One question if I am denied to re-enter can I try to re-enter again (for ex. other airport)? Also, if they won't let me in and my inland application is void can I apply from outland then and start the process again?

Also, I read about open working permits that are being issued now, how long it takes aprox. to get one after I applied?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
shyla36 said:
Hi anng. Was that on sponsor's or applicant's ecas?
What is the difference between the sponsor's and applicant's ECAS?

Currently I log in with UCI, surname, birth date and birth location.
If I use my (sponsor) birth details I get into ECAS.
Using my wife's (applicant) details I get nothing.

In mine I see the application for permanent residence and the application to sponsor.
Will I eventually be able to get in with her info? Will that info be different?

Will I need to be checking both, or will I be notified if something additional is needed on just one of them?
I know that CIC will never actually contact me in any way, so I want to make sure I don't miss any requests for more info.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
anng said:
sponsors ecas mine. But we submitted just last may 2014. So now im confused. Not that i dont what it but is it too early?
During our time, same info would show up after receiving aor. If applicant's ecas changes, thats when you get your aip.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
GustavesF said:
What is the difference between the sponsor's and applicant's ECAS?

Currently I log in with UCI, surname, birth date and birth location.
If I use my (sponsor) birth details I get into ECAS.
Using my wife's (applicant) details I get nothing.

In mine I see the application for permanent residence and the application to sponsor.
Will I eventually be able to get in with her info? Will that info be different?

Will I need to be checking both, or will I be notified if something additional is needed on just one of them?
I know that CIC will never actually contact me in any way, so I want to make sure I don't miss any requests for more info.
You can get to her info but there's really nothing to see, just "we received your application for pr."
Dont worry cic will send you an email re aip, that is the time when applicant's ecas changes to in process. You will also receive email if you need to submit other info. But, if you got time in your hands, of course you can check your ecas regularly. Though in my case,ive checked it only 7 times maybe for the whole 17 months.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Owl29 said:
Thank you. One question if I am denied to re-enter can I try to re-enter again (for ex. other airport)? Also, if they won't let me in and my inland application is void can I apply from outland then and start the process again?

Also, I read about open working permits that are being issued now, how long it takes aprox. to get one after I applied?
You could try to re-enter at another location but be aware that your denial into Canada will be recorded first time. If you tried to re-enter at another location, CBSA will see your attempted entry and notice of denial when they pull up your info from passport. They will likely still deny you again. All I know is that you are asking for trouble for trying to re-enter Canada at another location after being denied entry.

As a new applicant applying for PR, it could be up to 4 months or even longer. OWP are processed in CiC-vegreville and the OWP application is sent to CiC-missisauga. The CIC-V is not aware of the OWP application until CIC -M input and updates the application in the system. This is the AOR stage. Only then goes CIC-V become aware of the OWP application and begin processing it. Then it is suppose to be within 4 months.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
anng said:
Hi everyone. I would just like to ask. I tried logging in to ecas awhile ago and my UCI worked now after 9months of patiently waiting. It says on my part the sponsor it is in process. And it says we started processing your application february 11, 2015. What does that mean?
For some applicant CIC include the "started processing..." line with the date they put your info into eCAS. I'm sorry, but it doesn't mean anything.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
raffylopezcutora said:
hi everyone,

is the AOR starts with xf-xxxxxxxxx? i just want to make sure if this is the AOR. I talked to an agent this morning and told me that my application was received by CIC already and gave me that xf-xxxxxxxxx. I'm October 2014 inland applicant.

Thanks
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt, it's an email that you get and it contains your file number and one UCI (usually it's the sponsor's, but not always).
UCI = unique client identifier, everyone has his one, contains 8 numbers.
You have one file number, starts with F, then 9 numbers follows. XF means it's a temporary file number, your file is not really in the system yet.

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
sophieee said:
For some applicant CIC include the "started processing..." line with the date they put your info into eCAS. I'm sorry, but it doesn't mean anything.
I think it may suggest that the initial documents are complete (no outdated forms) and file has been scanned in. But I agree with you that it doesn't mean that they have begun processing the file.

GustavesF said:
Hi Anng, looks like I'm in your shoes.

You filed roughly a month after myself, and as of yesterday my ECAS is saying exactly the same thing as yours. So we both got ECAS access on the same day, and we are both being reported to be "In Process".
According to my ECAS they started processing my sponsorship application on January 24, so roughly 18 days before your date, or 26 days ago.
I'm guessing that some other applicants who applied a month before me got ECAS access yesterday too, and they'll have a date showing December 20-ish, or 60-odd days ago. Is there anyone like this out there?

I don't mean to be a downer, but I don't think that either of us are actually being processed right now, and if they are I really doubt we'll hear anything in 2 months. Given how incredibly terrible CIC is, they're processing 1 day a week now, I don't see how either of us are actually in process, especially since it appears that if they process application in order, we both should be waiting another year or more.

This might be some kind of miracle, and trust me, I'd love that, but I'm guessing it's just some kind of update to ECAS, some dates in the system that mean nothing.
I don't think CIC follows any such rules. My app was filed on April 9 2014 and Ecas shows that they have started processing on Jan 5 2015.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
mahmow said:
I think it may suggest that the initial documents are complete (no outdated forms) and file has been scanned in. But I agree with you that it doesn't mean that they have begun processing the file.

I don't think CIC follows any such rules. My app was filed on April 9 2014 and Ecas shows that they have started processing on Jan 5 2015.
My app was filed in January, 2014 and I don't have this line and I know that many 2013 applicants don't have this line either. CIC follows a pretty strict order issuing AIPs (with a few exceptions pushed by CBSA), that's why I think it can't mean anything, it's just the same inconsistency, that in few cases the applicant got the AOR and not the sponsor, some couple got a second AOR after a few months, and some still can't log into eCAS... Our files will be processed in the order of receiving, no matter what the eCAS shows.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hello Everybody!

Has anyone, who applied for an OWP under the pilot program after Dec. 2014, received the work permit already?

Have a good day ;D