+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
What?? But that's ridiculous! What is the point of hiring four month contracts?? It would take half that time to get trained!! What a s*it show!!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorelai12 said:
What?? But that's ridiculous! What is the point of hiring four month contracts?? It would take half that time to get trained!! What a s*it show!!!
The new employees (mostly students) get 3 days of training:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t264024.0.html

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
So my OWP was issued on the 22 January, We still haven't received it.

Called CIC and they say, you have to wait 6 weeks before they can issue a new one.

This is ridiculous.

Anyone else still waiting for an issued Work permit.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
458_Bridge said:

Called CIC and they say, you have to wait 6 weeks before they can issue a new one.

This is ridiculous.

If it happens that the canada post lost your permit, you can go to the nearest cic office in your place as far as i know.

Did u check your old address if you just move..

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
458_Bridge said:

This is ridiculous.

Just because they said that it was issued, it's not sure that it really was... Call center agents can made up things like this.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Ponga said:
The new employees (mostly students) get 3 days of training:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t264024.0.html
Oh great - this must be what an aneurysm feels like!!!! I can't believe my husband's and my future is contingent on what a student with three days of training has to say! I don't even know what to say about that! :(

Maviv

Apr 8, 2014
Hello Everyone, I'm so worried and confused. I don't know what is going wrong with my Appeal file.
My husband was denied visa in April 2014 after he attended his interview with CIC in Accra Ghana.
I immediately file for appeal for him in May/June 2014. I was six months pregnant then. Now, I have given birth to a bouncy baby boy. I gave birth to our baby In October 2014. Till date I'm still yet to get a respond concerning my appeal. I have even forwarded our baby birth certificate to them. I don't know what to do next.
I'm fraustrated. Please can some out there with experience kindly advise me.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Maviv said:
Hello Everyone, I'm so worried and confused. I don't know what is going wrong with my Appeal file.
My husband was denied visa in April 2014 after he attended his interview with CIC in Accra Ghana.
I immediately file for appeal for him in May/June 2014. I was six months pregnant then. Now, I have given birth to a bouncy baby boy. I gave birth to our baby In October 2014. Till date I'm still yet to get a respond concerning my appeal. I have even forwarded our baby birth certificate to them. I don't know what to do next.
I'm fraustrated. Please can some out there with experience kindly advise me.
this is not the appropriate thread for this question. please find the thread specific to appeals or Accra Ghana for help. please do not post the question in multiple threads that don't have relevance to your question just to get more answers. it doesn't work that way on here. if you've already posted in a relevant thread, then be patient for a response.

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
I was able to log in to ECAS this morning and saw my application was received.
April 2014 applicant.

A bit of good news in this dark time, I guess.

TeamDandC

Dec 20, 2014
Hello all,

My husband (Samoan) and I (Canadian) submitted his a PR application including an OWP application, at the end of December (mailed on December 19th, delivered with signature December 22nd) to CPC-M. We have not received AOR yet, and (not surprisingly) we cannot see the status of the applications yet on eCAS.

Now I've heard that there is going to be a fee increase of $100 for Open Work Permits which will come into effect at the end of February.

My question is this: We included the appropriate payment of $155 in our application package at the end of December, but since we have not yet received AOR are we in risk of having the package returned for insufficient funds now that they are increasing the fee? It seems to me that the last time they increased the fee many people who had submitted their applications prior to the increase, had the package returned due to insufficient payment.

Should we just send the additional $100 as a precautionary measure? Any advice??

Thanks to you all for the excellent advice and information that you provide! It's reassuring to be a part of this community. :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even though you have not yet received your AOR, your `lock-in' date (AOR), will in fact be Dec 22, 2014. You will NOT need to pay anything more for the OWP...as long as CIC doesn't screw things up! LOL!

Good luck!

TeamDandC

Dec 20, 2014
Ponga said:
Even though you have not yet received your AOR, your `lock-in' date (AOR), will in fact be Dec 22, 2014. You will NOT need to pay anything more for the OWP...as long as CIC doesn't screw things up! LOL!

Good luck!
Hahahaha no kidding, as long as they don't screw it up...fingers crossed!! :D And...that's what I had hoped for (no additional fees) but I've been worried about it so I thought I'd double check with the experts (in other words - not the CIC call centre).

Thanks again! Cheers!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
458_Bridge said:

This is ridiculous.

I hope this helps you. I found out after calling cic that they mailed my owp in my home country. The agent was so helpful, asked her if it could be re printed, she said yes, and reprinted it right away to be mailed in my current address. A day after, i called and another agent re confirmed that owp has been resent. Received the reprint copy (as stated in the bottom) 5 days after. A week after, received the original one. I guess it was returned to sender and automatically resent to me. So yes 2 owp was sent to me.

2013CJF

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
09-01-2014
File Transfer...
01-02-2014
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015
We're still waiting for our OWP to be issued :( and had such a bad experience with CIC recently