Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
Ponga said:
Sorry to hear that, but don't worry too much about it. What's done is done, right?

Unfortunately, the only way you can restore your status now is to leave Canada and hope that you can re-enter...which I do NOT recommend.
Your lack of status will NOT prevent you from being approved, in and of itself, and will in all likely hood not lead to your removal from Canada while it is being processed, but...it's never guaranteed. Many people here still believe that the CBSA `Administrative Deferral of Removal' policy is still being used by CBSA, even though it's been reported that it ended in late 2011.

Don't worry...and try to pretend that the pilot OWP program never happened. ;)
Thanks Ponga!
So would going to our MP not help at all? I mean it's 11 days out of status and we honestly did not know that I was out of status and we would have did restoration if we knew it was the case.
Pretending that it wasn't there is pretty difficult especially since we've been actively following it since the petition. *sigh* maybe you're right.... :(

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
screech339 said:
All children accompany or non accompany must have their medical test done.
does the mother have to sign that letter as well that gaurdian letter wat if she dont want sign the letter????will i be grand pr if she dont want to sign it..

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016
lheenj said:
My husband got his OWP last thursday!
What is ur Application Date ?

458_Bridge

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 12th, 2014 / Second AOR June 19th, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Sponsor Approval / AIP - Dec 31st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM - Jan 4th , 2016
LANDED..........
January 19th, 2016

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonnella said:
Thanks Ponga!
So would going to our MP not help at all? I mean it's 11 days out of status and we honestly did not know that I was out of status and we would have did restoration if we knew it was the case.
Pretending that it wasn't there is pretty difficult especially since we've been actively following it since the petition. *sigh* maybe you're right.... :(
Contacting your MP won't help because the simple fact is...it was your responsibility to know when you status was going to expire. It doesn't matter if you're one day late with your extension request.

my-son-my-world

Jun 29, 2014
I sent my Inland Application a month before my Work Permit expired in March 2014, and was sent back to me June 2014, corrected and sent back again the same month but until now I have not receive any Confirmation about it just the Canada Post tracking said "delivered". I know that I did not qualify for the "Implied Status" since it was sent back.

We are living on one income which is hard and I am feeling depressed being "stay at home Mom". My son will start school September 2015. I want to start school so I can get a job when my son starts school. Am I allowed to to apply for Study Permit at this point? I heard that if I have study permit and at school I am allowed to have a job for allowed hours, too.

Hope some of you guys has experience like this as I needed some advice or input. Thank you so much.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my-son-my-world said:
I sent my Inland Application a month before my Work Permit expired in March 2014, and was sent back to me June 2014, corrected and sent back again the same month but until now I have not receive any Confirmation about it just the Canada Post tracking said "delivered". I know that I did not qualify for the "Implied Status" since it was sent back.

We are living on one income which is hard and I am feeling depressed being "stay at home Mom". My son will start school September 2015. I want to start school so I can get a job when my son starts school. Am I allowed to to apply for Study Permit at this point? I heard that if I have study permit and at school I am allowed to have a job for allowed hours, too.

Hope some of you guys has experience like this as I needed some advice or input. Thank you so much.
Unfortunately, since you have now been out of status since the end of March, you cannot qualify for any type of Study permit, as it is far too late to restore your status (which I believe is a requirement if you are applying from within Canada). However, a Study Permit is not needed if the class/course that you wish to take is less than 6 months in duration, but even with that, you will NOT be allowed to work (during or after) the course.

If you were to take a short trip to the U.S. and then return, that would give you `new' legal status as a visitor, but it's very risky...especially since you've been out of status for over 10 months.

My advice is to look for a way to earn some money by working remotely (via the internet or by phone). As long as you are not paid by a Canadian company (or individual) and do NOT work for a company in Canada, it's allowed. Try looking for opportunities at places like Guru.com, Freelancer.com, Elance.com, Fiverr.com, or even Craigslist (outside of Canada, obviously). There are many things that you can probably do, if you just give it some thought. :)

Good luck!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/9469286?tk=FHyVpdIoIDjfIvJYI_vsm7qHcJGBRMP7CIngdJxOTWU&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_term=

There's gonna be a Street Demonstration that will happen in Ottawa. If you are affected with this Inland Sponsorship Backlog and you want your voice to be heard. This is our chance guys. Register yourself and let our cause be heard.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor/u/9469286?tk=FHyVpdIoIDjfIvJYI_vsm7qHcJGBRMP7CIngdJxOTWU&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_term=

There's gonna be a Street Demonstration that will happen in Ottawa. If you are affected with this Inland Sponsorship Backlog and you want your voice to be heard. This is our chance guys. Register yourself and let our cause be heard.
is there a particular reason why the demonstration is on a sunday when the offices are closed? is that general practice for these kinds of demonstrations? i would think there would be a bigger impact if it was during the week, no? i'm in ottawa, so if i'm not scheduled to work, i might stop by. thanks for the info.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
is there a particular reason why the demonstration is on a sunday when the offices are closed? is that general practice for these kinds of demonstrations? i would think there would be a bigger impact if it was during the week, no? i'm in ottawa, so if i'm not scheduled to work, i might stop by. thanks for the info.
Eric Laine, one of the Admin Leaders scheduled the protest. There's gonna be around 100 families from Toronto, Montreal and other neighbouring regions that will attend on this protest. If anyone who are interested to join this cause please register and they will arrange any form of transportation for carpooling. Thank you so much guys! Thanks rhcohen for your continuing support on this Family Class even you are done with this process.

my-son-my-world

Jun 29, 2014
Ponga said:
Unfortunately, since you have now been out of status since the end of March, you cannot qualify for any type of Study permit, as it is far too late to restore your status (which I believe is a requirement if you are applying from within Canada). However, a Study Permit is not needed if the class/course that you wish to take is less than 6 months in duration, but even with that, you will NOT be allowed to work (during or after) the course.

If you were to take a short trip to the U.S. and then return, that would give you `new' legal status as a visitor, but it's very risky...especially since you've been out of status for over 10 months.

My advice is to look for a way to earn some money by working remotely (via the internet or by phone). As long as you are not paid by a Canadian company (or individual) and do NOT work for a company in Canada, it's allowed. Try looking for opportunities at places like Guru.com, Freelancer.com, Elance.com, Fiverr.com, or even Craigslist (outside of Canada, obviously). There are many things that you can probably do, if you just give it some thought. :)

Good luck!

Looking for a 3 yr Accounting Diploma through Distance Learning or Correspondence. Do I need a study permit for Online studies? Too bad I can not get a Study permit due to out of legal status. (sighhh)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my-son-my-world said:
Looking for a 3 yr Accounting Diploma through Distance Learning or Correspondence. Do I need a study permit for Online studies? Too bad I can not get a Study permit due to out of legal status. (sighhh)
I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to know how you could generate a bit of income to help your family...not study for 3 years via an online school.

I'll defer to others to offer you help.