01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
Unfortunately, some never receive AOR.
I love how arbitrary government is.

Is it because they send AOR's out with delivery frogs?
Or because they literally flip a coin to see if they're going to provide an AOR?

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Considering driving in to the US and back in to Canada to be able to ask some immigration/border officials the questions I can't get answered because I can never get through to CIC. Am I ridiculous/will it work? ::)

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Sophia_N said:
Considering driving in to the US and back in to Canada to be able to ask some immigration/border officials the questions I can't get answered because I can never get through to CIC. Am I ridiculous/will it work? ::)
They are different agencies, one is CBSA one is CIC. If you get someone helpful they may answer some generic questions if they know the answer, they most likely wont know anything specific to your case. I like your thinking though!!

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
kiwi123 said:
They are different agencies, one is CBSA one is CIC. If you get someone helpful they may answer some generic questions if they know the answer, they most likely wont know anything specific to your case. I like your thinking though!!
But I can get a visitor extension at the border if I have my crap together right? By crap I mean documents!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sophia_N said:
If you decide to go (I don't know if they answer your question), just be sure that you aren't crossing the border, park somewhere in Canada and just walk in the nearest office. Crossing the border always has some risk.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sophia_N said:
But I can get a visitor extension at the border if I have my crap together right? By crap I mean documents!
They can give you one, that's right. I don't know if they will, I would say it depends on the officer.

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
sophieee said:
If you decide to go (I don't know if they answer your question), just be sure that you aren't crossing the border, park somewhere in Canada and just walk in the nearest office. Crossing the border always has some risk.
Surely I have to cross over in to the US to get to talk to an official at the Canadian side on my way back in, I can't just prance up to the Canadian offices at 8pm whilst already in Canada..?

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Sophia_N said:
Surely I have to cross over in to the US to get to talk to an official at the Canadian side on my way back in, I can't just prance up to the Canadian offices at 8pm whilst already in Canada..?
You would need to flagpole, which means telling the US side that you don't want to enter and just want to return to Canada. They know what flagpoling means, it is a common practice.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sophia_N said:
I was told by a Canadian border officer that I can just walk in from the Canadian part and this way I don't cross the border.
That happened when we wanted to give back my US green flip, already knowing that I shouldn't leave Canada, but mistook the turnaround, crossed the border, and when we were coming back we were sent in for further investigation. The officer gave us a hard time, a little pep talk, that I shouldn't leave the country, threatened a little bit that I could be refused, but at the end she let me go and even give me visitor extension for 3 months and instructed to not let it expire. She told me that I could have gone in to the Canadian border office without crossing the border.

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
sophieee said:
I was told by a Canadian border officer that I can just walk in from the Canadian part and this way I don't cross the border.
That happened when we wanted to give back my US green flip, already knowing that I shouldn't leave Canada, but mistook the turnaround, crossed the border, and when we were coming back we were sent in for further investigation. The officer gave us a hard time, a little pep talk, that I shouldn't leave the country, threatened a little bit that I could be refused, but at the end she let me go and even give me visitor extension for 3 months and instructed to not let it expire. She told me that I could have gone in to the Canadian border office without crossing the border.
But surely they're not always open for walk-ins?

arump

Oct 2, 2014
I hope anyone can help me. My case is:

I submit my PR Inland Family Sponsorship on August 28, 2014, got the AOR on th 19 Sep 2014, and send my medical check and OWP on Oct 15, 2014.

Only this week I received letter from CIC with my PR application being return of incomplete application as the following requested to resubmit with the following document:
1. Provide current and completed Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement and undertaking (IMM1344 08/2014) bearing signature.
2. Provide Current and completed sponsorship evaluation (IMM5481) bearing signature. --for this one I have submit the sponsorship evaluation, but why did they ask again, what did I do wrong
3. Proof of payment of the processing fee. I was only submit the 550 cad (processing application) what else do I need to submit?

Please anyone help.

Thank you,

Arum S

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
So I went to the border tonight and got my visitor extension for 12 months and some good advice, all free of charge. Take that CIC call centres. :D

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
So does it now mean that you have to keep extending your status each time it expires..that you no longer fall under implied status? Im curious about how implied status is applied when cbsa does that extension

sophieee said:

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
marcyb25 said:
So does it now mean that you have to keep extending your status each time it expires..that you no longer fall under implied status? Im curious about how implied status is applied when cbsa does that extension
I didn't send an OWP along with my PR app, so I never had implied status. Only the temporary permit apps give you implied status.
Otherwise CBSA gives you the same visitor extension as CIC.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sophia_N said:
So I went to the border tonight and got my visitor extension for 12 months and some good advice, all free of charge. Take that CIC call centres. :D
I'm happy you were successful:) would you mind to share the advise?