+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
Cansua, how sad for your girls I agree you don't want to do something that would cause them more stress or fear. I lived in Marysville for over 31 years raised my kids there, I assume you would know where that is. I do not know anything for sure especially since I have not flown between the US and Canada but I would imagine it would be more of a chance for issues when flying. Again I don't really know this just a feeling I have. Good luck in your planning. Maybe we will be close to getting our PR by next summer and this will not be an issue for your family. :)

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
CMLR said:
Cansua, how sad for your girls I agree you don't want to do something that would cause them more stress or fear. I lived in Marysville for over 31 years raised my kids there, I assume you would know where that is. I do not know anything for sure especially since I have not flown between the US and Canada but I would imagine it would be more of a chance for issues when flying. Again I don't really know this just a feeling I have. Good luck in your planning. Maybe we will be close to getting our PR by next summer and this will not be an issue for your family. :)
I do know where Marysville is. I grew up on Mercer Island and then lived in Bothell before I got married. I also have a feeling that flying would create the opportunity for more issues, too! Here's to hoping that all this waiting is just a memory by next summer!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissRepresentation said:
Three options that I can think of:

A- Scratching their balls
B- Scratching their balls AND attempting to work on outland apps instead
C- Actually working but not bothering to update the website
While it's true that this is a public forum, I'd [personally] be a bit reluctant to post something as harsh as that...especially since there are people from CIC that have posted here before.

All it takes is someone [there] that doesn't see the humor in your post (which is kinda funny) and manages to gain your identity and then throws your application behind a filing cabinet.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
While it's true that this is a public forum, I'd [personally] be a bit reluctant to post something as harsh as that...especially since there are people from CIC that have posted here before.

All it takes is someone [there] that doesn't see the humor in your post (which is kinda funny) and manages to gain your identity and then throws your application behind a filing cabinet.
First of all, let me remind you: One can go to any wifi-free Tim Hortons, log in to the forum, say anything they want and walk away. The whole process of tracing IP, requesting court order, matching identity and lastly throwing files to back of the line doesn't make anything better.

While I dont think it's appropriate to make a joke that way about CIC, I also don't think it will be as serious as you say. Instead of spending time on forums like this, CIC staff should focus on their works which they get paid to do. Secondly, if they do find something offensive and successfully convince the web owner to release the IP, then from the IP address in order to trace physical location of the people will require court order s(internet providers only release with court orders). Now come the question: what will be the ground for CIC to request court order? To chase behind the people who offend them? Do you think they have time and resource for such things? They must work 300% harder to clear the backlog. The more they delay, the more public will make fun of them.

In my opinion, the thing you are worried about is nearly impossible to happen. I am not sure if CIC staff does have time to stalk on people as you said. I hope they do. So they know how bad they look in public views. In fact, none of these discussions are national security threats. Talks like this one happen in any democracy. Nothing unusual. At least for me I have nothing to fear. But it's better to keep diplomatic tone just to respect everyone.

The process of "revenge" for public offences will require more efforts than just open the backlogged files, and work on them. All the online activities on forum, Facebook page will bring benefits, gradually, to improving processing time - because they make public aware of the situation and the government doesn't like that. Unless it is a security threat, there is none, absolutely zero, nothing CIC can do, to revenge individuals who express their opinions.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
First of all, let me remind you: One can go to any wifi-free Tim Hortons, log in to the forum, say anything they want and walk away. The whole process of tracing IP, requesting court order, matching identity and lastly throwing files to back of the line doesn't make anything better.

While I dont think it's appropriate to make a joke that way about CIC, I also don't think it will be as serious as you say. Instead of spending time on forums like this, CIC staff should focus on their works which they get paid to do. Secondly, if they do find something offensive and successfully convince the web owner to release the IP, then from the IP address in order to trace physical location of the people will require court order s(internet providers only release with court orders). Now come the question: what will be the ground for CIC to request court order? To chase behind the people who offend them? Do you think they have time and resource for such things? They must work 300% harder to clear the backlog. The more they delay, the more public will make fun of them.

In my opinion, the thing you are worried about is nearly impossible to happen. I am not sure if CIC staff does have time to stalk on people as you said. I hope they do. So they know how bad they look in public views. In fact, none of these discussions are national security threats. Talks like this one happen in any democracy. Nothing unusual. At least for me I have nothing to fear. But it's better to keep diplomatic tone just to respect everyone.

The process of "revenge" for public offences will require more efforts than just open the backlogged files, and work on them. All the online activities on forum, Facebook page will bring benefits, gradually, to improving processing time - because they make public aware of the situation and the government doesn't like that. Unless it is a security threat, there is none, absolutely zero, nothing CIC can do, to revenge individuals who express their opinions.
Two things:

1. It's NOT just an I.P. address that can lead to the identity of a person making a post. It is the email address associated with their account here that can trace back to the person...even if they're at Tim Hortons sipping a double-double. LOL!

2. I am NOT worried about anything. I'm merely offering my opinion. Are you aware that at least one immigration officer has posted in this forum previously and there are undoubtedly others as well.

And what part of my post made you think that I was implying that CIC would `stalk' anyone?!?!?!

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Ponga said:
Are you aware that at least one immigration officer has posted in this forum previously and there are undoubtedly others as well.
WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT DO THEY SAY! REVEAL YOURSELVES UNDERCOVER AGENTS!!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Two things:

1. It's NOT just an I.P. address that can lead to the identity of a person making a post. It is the email address associated with their account here that can trace back to the person...even if they're at Tim Hortons sipping a double-double. LOL!

2. I am NOT worried about anything. I'm merely offering my opinion. Are you aware that at least one immigration officer has posted in this forum previously and there are undoubtedly others as well.

And what part of my post made you think that I was implying that CIC would `stalk' anyone?!?!?!
One can have multiple emails. Plus, email is not part of one's personal identity. If Immigration Officers do wander around here, welcome! They need to see public attitudes. On the Facebook page, people even join the conversations with possibly, their real names, and they are not even afraid. What are we afraid of in here? Why do we, the victims of CIC, must hide like losers? I dont see that happen in Canada. China, North Korea or Cuba, maybe? I second your opinion that we need to be diplomatic and respectful. But it makes me laugh to learn CIC is stalking people here for anything we say that offend them.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Two things:

If they want to make our lives miserable, go to petition page where they can find over 1000 signatures and good luck with tracing them all and punish them. The majority put their real names and emails there.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
As I've said before: there are people in this forum that have admitted to being without status, working illegally and have their email public, email which is basically their first and last name and nothing at all has happened. I doubt a harsh or even offensive remark would cause anything more. Those things only happen in regimes.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
civic said:
I second your opinion that we need to be diplomatic and respectful.
Hmmm ok, delete balls then. Scratching their genitals transmits the same idea.

I've got nothing to hide. As far as I know, using foul language does not make me a criminal or a threat to national security. If CIC staff have the time and disposition to read every post in this forum good for them. If they read something and take it personally, well, that's their problem. Don't give people reasons to be offended and you won't come across "offensive" comments.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
beholder69 said:
With this logic though, if someone gets refused at the border (always talking about visa-exempt cases), they could try entering again in a few days and so on. Although this is mostly theoretical, as in order to get refused entry completely, there should be a quite important reason and most likely that reason would still exist afterwards.
Once you've been refused entry, your record is normally flagged.

But I've talked to plenty of people who were refused at the border and then tried again at a different border crossing or the same one after some period of time - and been quite successful doing so!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Elena78 said:
Has anyone travelled overseas while waiting for their inland PR application to be approved?
Especially from Visa exempt countries.
Just wondering I am curious about people's experiences.
I have a friend here that (against my advice) applied Inland last March. His work involves regular travel outside Canada and he's had zero issues (he's a US citizen with a Nexus card).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
MissRepresentation said:
I've got nothing to hide. As far as I know, using foul language does not make me a criminal or a threat to national security. If CIC staff have the time and disposition to read every post in this forum good for them. If they read something and take it personally, well, that's their problem. Don't give people reasons to be offended and you won't come across "offensive" comments.
They do monitor this forum, amongst others. They also appear to regularly search the internet for information (I've experienced this personally).

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
computergeek said:
They do monitor this forum, amongst others. They also appear to regularly search the internet for information (I've experienced this personally).
Would you mind providing more details?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Smsm81 said:
Would you mind providing more details?
Several years ago, when I was involved in suing CIC in Federal Court, I maintained an (anonymous) blog about my experiences. At one point the attorney for CIC sent a link to that blog that to my attorney. It was clear from what she wrote that her goal was to get him to withdraw from the case. I suspect she knew she had a loser case and was trying everything to make it go away.