+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am not sure how it works in ontario. we was in same situation as you. though she is covered by my health insurance. but she still need provincial health card for delivery (which may cost lot of money).
we were very skeptical about getting provincial health card (Sas). we supplied as many documents as possible to support application. today my wife got health card (one year). we are expecting baby in mid dec. hope u ll get your OHIP soon.

Chi0180 said:
Yup, hopefully they'll give exemption to preggies. The gentleman in Service Ontario told me that there are also similar cases and i just need to call the hotline for options.

castropolitan

Sep 3, 2014
lellen said:
"You must stay in Canada and meet the conditions of your original work permit."

If your original work permit is OPEN, that means that you wouldn't be breaking any laws by changing companies!
Thanks so much! that open my possibilities to apply inside :) I have a inmigration helper.. and didn't say me anything about that!.. wow.. this group is amazing!

One question, i heard some people who get work permit, and somehow they are allow to go outside country after that?

Cheers guys!

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
Panic attack you made me laugh so hard,yah the wait is too much.We having a same problem with pounding heart in the middle of the night.Thought I had heart disease only to find that it's panic attack.Lets try to be calm and wait.We love our partners but the wait is driving us nuts I'm telling you.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Chi0180 said:
I don't mind. I'm pregnant and desperate for help.

How far along are you? Have you looked into midwifery care? It's covered by the province even for people who don't have OHIP. I just gave birth in May here in Ontario and can answer some questions for you if you'd like.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I'm a pregnant applicant as well, due in October. Quebec healthcare won't cover me either. My husband (sponsor)'s private insurance has helped with lab work and ultrasounds, but the delivery is up to us to pay for. Midwife birthing centers still require a large down payment and also a big deposit for the hospital in case of emergency. We're going to be paying off medical bills for years to come!

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Jabs 77 said:
Panic attack you made me laugh so hard,yah the wait is too much.We having a same problem with pounding heart in the middle of the night.Thought I had heart disease only to find that it's panic attack.Lets try to be calm and wait.We love our partners but the wait is driving us nuts I'm telling you.
OMG! Yes, Panic Panic, last night another one! Have to rely on Google for advice ??? lmfao. If Gay marriage was legal in Kansas we would have married there.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Monkeyfish said:
I'm a pregnant applicant as well, due in October. Quebec healthcare won't cover me either. My husband (sponsor)'s private insurance has helped with lab work and ultrasounds, but the delivery is up to us to pay for. Midwife birthing centers still require a large down payment and also a big deposit for the hospital in case of emergency. We're going to be paying off medical bills for years to come!
Here some practices ask for a $3000 deposit just in case but not all. That's great that his extended benefits include you! My husband's benefits have provincial health care as a prerequisite so I wasn't able to be added onto his plan.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
jsrnm said:
I have a few red flags :(
I'm sure you'll be okay, if not you wouldn't be applying. Can you tell us more? Also, this link should help determine if you are inadmissible.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/inadmissibility/index.asp

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
jsrnm said:
Hi everyone i will be submitting my application end of september. Very very scared
Are you from a visa-exempt country? Have you checked the Outland processing times for your visa office? If they are anyway shorter than 12 months it would be advisable to apply Outland instead...

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
So I am in the same boat, my wife is also pregnant and baby expected soon.I already applied for her sponsorship but it took at least 01 year to reach first stage of approval. My innsurance covers her lab report. What you suggest midwives or hospital ans how much expenditures for these services.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
The midwife services I've looked into here in Quebec require about $10,000 for the hospital deposit in case of an emergency, and it's usually $3700 for the midwife service itself. Considering you never have to go to the hospital, you'll get that $10,000 back.

I am using an OBGYN and a hospital. The doctor and delivery are $3700 plus about $3000 per day in the hospital. Hoping I deliver quickly with no complications so that I can be in and out of the hospital as fast as possible. If I am there for 2 days, that's $6000 plus the $3700 which equals $9700 total.

A home birth with a midwife would probably be the cheapest way to go, but midwives are very hard to find in Quebec, and as this is my first baby, I am too nervous to risk having an unassisted home birth.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I applied to sponser my spouse with inland application. It will take 12 months to get the application accepted for first stage. So as my spouse living with me and enjoy implied status, my concern is about her health coverage here in Alberta. Because Alberta heath care only covers when you have valid visa and extend up to 90 days. So what about the remaining time frame. Please update me in this regard. Your comments highly appreciated.

I agree with some friends that spouse of citizenship might have Alberta health care coverage but it's not possible for PR residence spouse. I already call them and they made it clear that they can only extend the heath card for 90 days max only, if you already apply for the extension and nothing afterward if your status not decided by CIC.
As per rule you either have study, work, PR or visitor visa to qualify for services. But now best way out is that i have to get some insurance coverage. I already have one but do any one know any insurance policy that covers my spouse pregnancy and physician trips during pregnancy and after ward

Eightball88

Aug 9, 2014
Amjad3126 we got same situation and we also live here at Alberta I apply to add her as my dependant in my Alberta health care coverage I'm just waiting for their reply hopefully this will work :'(