+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
Amazingsho said:
I had the same problem in same period as you do. Sent application in DEC, returned for outdated form; Resubmitted on Feb 4 and received AOR via Email in May.

I cant give you any suggestions on how to get incapable CIC to confirm your application but you can do the least to see if your application is in process.

1. Go to E-cas
2. Insert Applicant's UCI number, in your case i believe you are Applicant. (go to the visa or stamp you had when you enter canada and find 8 digit number XXXX-XXXX)
3. enter applicant's last name, date of birth, country of birth(use the country you wrote on your application)

If this will lead you to your file's page you are probably in process and able to see some message regard to your application has been "Received" = AOR

If not, you better call CIC again since its passed 6 moths since you sent your application.

btw I am planning to go to US for a day for my professional exam. I asked question about going to US and summarized answers below

1. Bring all documents, Marriage cert, Application, visa, etc.
2. If you are from visa exempt country you can forget about visitor visa
3. Visitor visa is a single entry, if out of boarder, prepare to get another one
Thank you! I was able to see that our application was recieved. We never got any sort of email, and who knows if our lawyer did either. I was able to use the UIC number on my visitor record. That is a huge relief. Now if they would only start processing it! Thanks again for the advice!

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
canusa2014 said:
Thank you! I was able to see that our application was recieved. We never got any sort of email, and who knows if our lawyer did either. I was able to use the UIC number on my visitor record. That is a huge relief. Now if they would only start processing it! Thanks again for the advice!
Good to know you feel better now ! From now on, all you need to do is pray with us for CIC to start execute inland applications !

CMLR

Jun 19, 2014
So We received my AOR on August 13th however I can still not log in and see anything on our file. I have used both my application number and my ID number I have tried with my info and with my husbands info still I cannot get in. I only want to make sure I can get in since I know they have not really looked at it yet. How much longer should it take before I can see anything?

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
screech339 said:
They should automatically go use your mailing address listed in the application once the cancellation is done. However I would suggest that once the cancellation is done, you contact CIC to be sure they will use your address not the representative address.

Screech339
Thank you so much for ur help. I called Call centre this moning and asked them about cancellation as well. they emailed me form and link where to send details. I will call agan next friday for confirmation.

Also would liek to know does this cancellation affect on case or consultant can harm in any way... as consultant tole me that he can do anything but my husband said no he can't do nothing but I am bit scared

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
canusa2014 said:
We didn't really leave a lot of time to do the outland process. We started emailing in early May, met in person in June, got engaged in early July and were married in August! It was a whirlwind romance, so we were advised that our best option was to apply inland.

What is OWP?
OWP = Open Work Permit. There is a link in my signature with a lot of useful information.
And I can add you to the spreadsheet if you send me the details of your application.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
CMLR said:
So We received my AOR on August 13th however I can still not log in and see anything on our file. I have used both my application number and my ID number I have tried with my info and with my husbands info still I cannot get in. I only want to make sure I can get in since I know they have not really looked at it yet. How much longer should it take before I can see anything?
I think its only a matter of time. As long as AOR is sent to you, eventually Ecas will open for you in near future. I remember it took me about 1 week to be able to log in after AOR sent to me.

bored_waiting

Aug 30, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site.

I am american citizen and my wife is a canadian citizen. We submitted an inland spousal application august 1st 2014 and now I am bored waiting...lol!

We choose inland because the wait is not as long as if we did outland in USA. I would have to use the New york office which was posting a 30 months process.

sweb87

May 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
bored_waiting said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site.

I am american citizen and my wife is a canadian citizen. We submitted an inland spousal application august 1st 2014 and now I am bored waiting...lol!

We choose inland because the wait is not as long as if we did outland in USA. I would have to use the New york office which was posting a 30 months process.
People say you get approved outland in as little as 4-6 months here.

I understand that Inland takes about 15-17 months as it currently stands.

I'm in the same boat as you so lets see how fast our applications go!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bored_waiting said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site.

You should have filed an Outland application. Generally, only applications that have 'red flags' are sent to either NY or LA. Most Americans are getting their PR in less than 6 months.

You should seriously consider withdrawing your Inland application ASAP! You'll get all of your money back and you can then submit an Outland application, even while you are in Canada, but you must have legal status.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Ponga said:
You should have filed an Outland application. Generally, only applications that have 'red flags' are sent to either NY or LA. Most Americans are getting their PR in less than 6 months.

You should seriously consider withdrawing your Inland application ASAP! You'll get all of your money back and you can then submit an Outland application, even while you are in Canada, but you must have legal status.

There are some US users on this site that landed as PRs THREE months after submitting an Outland application. It really is the best route for visa-exempt passport holders even if you love in Canada especially given the complete mess that Inland has become.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bored_waiting said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site.

If you just submitted, I suggest withdrawing. If you are bored now, you have roughly 18 more months of being bored, perhaps a bit less, but I promise at least 12 LOL

NY office doesn't even get spousal applications any longer, so no worries there. LA would get it ONLY if you have some serious red flags in your file, such as criminal inadmissability or something really odd with your relationship to your wife, such as you just met last month and are married this month kind of a thing. Otherwise, you application goes to Ottawa and there are US applicants that are landing as full PR in 3 months. I think the average right now stands about 4-5 months.

Give it some heavy consideration. You would only need get your FBI clearance again as I don't think they will return it to you. Your fees and medical can be 'reused'.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
hey guys, I have what may sound like a stupid question but I don't know what to do so I have to ask people on here. what is ecas? do I have to create an account or what? I got my AOR but would like to know where to check the progress of my application. any advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks and have a great long weekend to you all.

bored_waiting

Aug 30, 2014
Alurra71 said:
If you just submitted, I suggest withdrawing. If you are bored now, you have roughly 18 more months of being bored, perhaps a bit less, but I promise at least 12 LOL

NY office doesn't even get spousal applications any longer, so no worries there. LA would get it ONLY if you have some serious red flags in your file, such as criminal inadmissability or something really odd with your relationship to your wife, such as you just met last month and are married this month kind of a thing. Otherwise, you application goes to Ottawa and there are US applicants that are landing as full PR in 3 months. I think the average right now stands about 4-5 months.

Give it some heavy consideration. You would only need get your FBI clearance again as I don't think they will return it to you. Your fees and medical can be 'reused'.

I have a family member who did the outland application and him and his wife have been together for years and they have a kid together no criminal issues. He sent his app. almost a year ago and he still not finish with the process.

and when i called the consulate in Florida where i am from the people told me that it would take around 15 to 30 months depending on evidence given! so to me it made more sense to come and wait here at least after the first stage i would have a work permit.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Tron83 said:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say Hi, I have been following the forum for awhile and thought I would finally join in.

A little about me, I am being sponsored by my spouse and our application was received in early January 2014. I am currently on a PGWP which is set to expire in middle of September 2014. Obviously I am pretty upset that I am going to have to give up my job here in Northern Saskatchewan. Like a lot of people I am regretting applying inland through the sponsorship program. Knowing what I know now I would have applied through the provincial nominee program etc. however, back in January the time for stage 1 was only 6-7 months.

I like other people on PGWP were also dealt a cruel hand when in May, Canada changed the LMO rules which previously allowed employers to get people on PGWP a 2 year work permit without advertising the position.

The one piece of advice I do have for people on PGWPs is to have a lawyer put your application together. I have seen a lot of debate on here discussing whether you get implied status if you submit an OWP with your application. Back in January I looked through the forums and it seemed that I would not get implied status, so I did not submit the OWP with my application. Given the delays with CIC I have recently explored every avenue to keep working, and from my discussions with CIC on 3 separate occasions they confirmed that I would have in fact had implied status and be able to keep working. My employer has contacted our local MP (with my consent) to enquire about keeping me employed, and they too said if I had submitted an OWP I would have been able to continue working. Following this my employer spoke to an immigration lawyer about my options, and he too confirmed I would have had implied status and could have kept on working. The bad news now is CIC, the MP and the Lawyer, all said there was no way you can add a OWP to an application once it has been received. Obviously I don't want anyone to have any trouble with their application by mistakenly thinking they have implied status when they do not, but I also would hate to see people give up tens of thousands of dollars when they could have kept working. So my advice for people already on work permits is to hire a good immigration lawyer to discuss your options before submitting your application. Both the lawyer and the MP advised me to withdraw my application and apply again before my PGWP expires that way I would in-fact get implied status and continue being able to work.
Hi,
I'm almost in the same boat as you except that I've not filed for my spouse sponsorship, which we are planning to file inland. We're just waiting for the police clearance certificate. My wife's PGWP is expiring June 2015 and the way Inland processing is going at the moment it seems difficult to get her AIP by that time. I'm told at this forum that a PGWP person cannot have Implied status even OWP is filed with the application. Your Lawyer and MP said exactly opposite, which is definitely a ray of hope for us. But it's really disheartening and absolutely ridiculous that a PGWP person who didn't file OWP earlier cannot have an implied status. CIC is the one responsible for all this stupid rules they have.
I'm still in dilemma as to go inland or Outland but we are inclined towards inland filing and will go for that with OWP filed along with the application.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
jayjay27 said:
Hi everyone,

My spouse and I are also preparing for an inland application. We are almost done we the forms/documents, however I still have 2 concerns that I would like to ask here. This forum is really of help to everyone. For inland application, we only need 2 photos for the applicant, right? What do we need to write at the back then? Another thing, is the client number in the permanent resident card the same as the client number that should be filled out in IMM1344? I'd appreciate anyone who can help me on these.
Hi,
I think there's no clear instruction on what one has to write on the back side of the photos. But I do remember when I filed for my PR I mentioned my name and client ID on back of photos. Photos must have some kind of identification in case CIC screws up the package and misplace the Photos.
Form IMM1344 question 7 part 2 asks client ID or UCI, it's an 8 digit number and it starts with 8. All our study permit, work permit and PR card has this same number.