+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Looks like Application status website on CIC is update as today. 08-25-2014
Anyone able to check status online who got AORs recently within a month.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Alurra71 said:
You would only need to file a new FBI clearance (along with any other countries clearances you are required to have). You can use your previous medical for new application provided it is not more than 12 months old.

The ONLY reason I suggested for you, as a US applicant to withdraw and file outland is BECAUSE you are a US applicant. I cant say how other countries are handling their current applications as I haven't been paying attention to them. I can however note that many of the US applicants that filed outland are landing and receiving their COPR in as little as 3 months, the average being somewhere between 4 and 5 months.

Why are you concerned about an interview? Is there something in your relationship that you feel would trigger an interview? If you have strong reasons, then I suggest you stay the course you are currently on as you would be required to travel to likely LA if there were problems. If you only THINK there might be an issue, it might not be as big an issue as you think. Did that make any sense at all?
Oh, there are no problems with our relationship at all. I see no reason why we'd need an interview but that is never 100% known. I'm just a worrier and I always take the worst case scenario into consideration when making a decision. Traveling to LA (plus the extra wait time) is certainly more cumbersome than staying in Calgary but you're right, we have a solid application. He's 6 years older than I am, but I don't think that really counts as an age difference considering I'm a woman and that automatically makes me 10 years older than him in maturity ;). We had 13 letters written for us and the full support of both of our families. We have a declaration of common law and we've been filing common law taxes for two years now. We have joint finances and we bought a house in 2011. Our application was massive... it's a good thing I made two at the time, just in case. I'd just need to re-do pictures and forms for the outland app. Sigh.

As far as the FBI clearance, I never sent one in the first place because I'm having a terrible time getting proper fingerprints because my soft girl hands are huge jerks and I've tried 3 times so far and they've rejected them--- so. much. money. wasted. I have notoriously hard fingers to print, my ridges aren't defined at all. I was waiting for AOR to try again so I'd have a way to hook them up with my application, and I'm still not showing my app online even though I have AOR. Thank goodness I didn't do my meds upfront because with these processing times, who wants to pay another $400?

We're still not decided on what to we're going to do, but outland is looking pretty good right now. We're going on a vacation tomorrow and we said we'd talk about it more when we're home.

Would I just have to include a copy of the reciept from my previous payment in my new app? Or will that cancel and we'll have to make a new payment? We paid all fees upfront.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
karthicbaboo said:
Hey All,

After 2 times of TRV denial for my wife, Finally she got TRV visa today & am planning to get inland PR processed.So Please guide me what to do. what will happen, She can live in canada for 6 months and then what can we do, cross border (US ?) and that extends her visiting ?

Please help

People who brought them in TRV must have done this process , Correct.
I wouldn't recommend to cross the US (or any) border, especially if she had issued before. In this case, if they deny the reentry (which is very possible after 2 denial), your inland process can't be completed.
It's safer if you apply for visitor extension from within Canada. Apply for PR as soon as you can, so by the time you need the extension she will hopefully have her AOR, and with that your chance is better to get the extension.
Good luck!

Edit: computergeek is right, you should apply for OWP along with the PR app, that's the easiest way to stay in status.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
karthicbaboo said:
After 2 times of TRV denial for my wife, Finally she got TRV visa today & am planning to get inland PR processed.So Please guide me what to do. what will happen, She can live in canada for 6 months and then what can we do, cross border (US ?) and that extends her visiting ?
Once she is in Canada, apply for Inland PR. Include a temporary status application (most people choose an open work permit application, but it can be a visitor extension or a study permit) along with the relevant fee in the Inland PR application. Submit that entire package.

Submission of a temporary status application creates a situation known as "implied status" - she remains in her (current) status until such time as they make a decision on her temporary application.

CIC strongly advises against Inland applicants leaving Canada while the application is in process.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
sophieee said:
I wouldn't recommend to cross the US (or any) border, especially if she had issued before. In this case, if they deny the reentry (which is very possible after 2 denial), your inland process can't be completed.
It's safer if you apply for visitor extension from within Canada. Apply for PR as soon as you can, so by the time you need the extension she will hopefully have her AOR, and with that your chance is better to get the extension.
Good luck!

From what I understand, BEFORE her TRV expires (about 30 days beforehand) she must apply for an extension. In the case of my husband, he was granted another 6 months - was hoping for a year so that we'd have OWP by then, but anyway.

Also, if you cross the border to the USA, you risk having your wife not allowed re-entry. My hubby and I would like to go to the States for a few days, but we were told that he might not be re-admitted to Canada which would mean stopping the whole PR process.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
vik999 said:
Looks like Application status website on CIC is update as today. 08-25-2014
Anyone able to check status online who got AORs recently within a month.
Not yet! Did it work for you?

Favour of God

Aug 20, 2014
Hello my fellow inlander, i sent my application on 20th August, and it reach CPC-M on 21st August and today i got a letter saying application received with a file no at top corner, it also say i can view the status of my apps using UCI# or the file no. I want to ask, is this letter what is called Acknowledgement of Receipt? I am the principal applicant. Or can anyone give a sample of AOR. Thanks all

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Favour of God said:
Hello my fellow inlander, i sent my application on 20th August, and it reach CPC-M on 21st August and today i got a letter saying application received with a file no at top corner, it also say i can view the status of my apps using UCI# or the file no. I want to ask, is this letter what is called Acknowledgement of Receipt? I am the principal applicant. Or can anyone give a sample of AOR. Thanks all
Yes that's Acknowledgement of Receipt or AOR. Did you receive an email from CIC or letter in your mail box?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Favour of God said:
Huh?!

You received AOR less than a week after you mailed your application?!?!

Are you sure that it was an Inland application?

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Favour of God said:
Received less than one week ???

If thats the case, Favour of God to you, sihts on us.

Favour of God

Aug 20, 2014
i received email this afternoon, i am the principal applicant, its an inland apps because i wrote it on the application BOLDLY, INLAND SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION. Me too was surprise, that is why am asking the forum to confirm cos i had a file no starting with "F". i have many people saying application recieved on ..... and AOR like 3 months later. Thanks all

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's amazing; congratulations!

FYI...simply writing INLAND SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION on the application, doesn't necessarily mean that it is an Inland application. ;)

You [hopefully] did in fact submit a complete Inland application.

Wow!

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Ponga said:

FYI...simply writing INLAND SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION on the application, doesn't necessarily mean that it is an Inland application. ;)

Wow!
In case Im submitting my apps again in future, im going to write in bold "INLAND, GIMME the F ING "F" NUMBER"

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Ponga said:

Wow!
The minister said, early this year, that CIC will make all the efforts to process sponsorship applications in one year. Hopefully they have just started to proceed with their promise.
I am hoping that suddenly CIC will reduce the inland processing to 6 Month and all 2013 and some from 2014 to get their AIP and DM before the end of this year.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Smsm81 said:
The minister said, early this year, that CIC will make all the efforts to process sponsorship applications in one year. Hopefully they have just started to proceed with their promise.
I am hoping that suddenly CIC will reduce the inland processing to 6 Month and all 2013 and some from 2014 to get their AIP and DM before the end of this year.
Unless they start get themselves back to 1 week = 1 months pace or Chris Alexander is a big liar...

However I dont remember he said that in any written publications, any reference ?