+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today. the agent verbally confirmed the receiving of our application. I asked him whether this means the application is complete. He answered that the application was opened and given initial file number starting with F though he couldnt confirm the completeness of my application.

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
INLAND MEMBERS please help on how OWP is filed along with Inland app?
My wife has post grad work permit expiring June 2015. When I go to Cic website to determine eligibility after filling up a questionaire it says she is eligible for a WP if she has an LMO. But she cannot obtain an LMO from her company and PGWP can't be extended. Also, AIP inland will take about an year so she has to be out of work for a while without an open work permit.
I know after AIP we can apply for her OWP. Is there a way to get an open work permit before her PGWP expires? And how we can file it with Inland spouse app.
Thank you

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
A ray of hope!
I called CIC this morning and I told the (very sweet) agent that I would like to obtain a temporary file number to make sure that my file was received.
She took my & my husband's information and was able to confirm that my file was received on April 3rd 2014 - the same day my delivery notice from Canada Post states. So apparently they opened my file the same day and put in the sponsorship details. She gave me a temp file number which starts with XF-------. She also told me that when they start working on my file, the "X" in the number will disappear and the file number will remain the same, starting with just a single "F". I'm relieved that my packet didn't come back and that since they opened it, my application is complete. I'll go ahead and get my medical done this month and wait for the next step.

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Hey everyone (esp. Quebec applicants),
Gave CIC a call to see how things are going & if they know whether the procedure for QC applicants is the same with all the extended delays etc etc.

I didn't feel like she was 100% sure what I was talking about, but was very friendly so.. I explained to her that previously (as in before these 2014 delays etc) , after receiving an AOR we would soon after receive a letter in the post to apply to the Quebec side for our Undertaking application/CSQ [ http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/index.html ], then that info is sent to CIC to complete 1st stage AIP.
She understood, went to check the details.. and I was told, we will be asked to apply to the Quebec side AFTER our 1st stage AIP, not before.

Now, I'll see what is said/if this change is true when I call again next time but if so, it's more frustration as Quebec applicants will potentially have to wait longer for insurance coverage/access to language classes/etc etc as they won't accept us till we have the CSQ ...that we can ONLY apply for if CIC sends us a request letter... whenever that will be.

..if only we'd applied outland! The joys of hindsight.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We got the same response. what information we have to have for medical exam?

azarme09 said:
A ray of hope!
I called CIC this morning and I told the (very sweet) agent that I would like to obtain a temporary file number to make sure that my file was received.
She took my & my husband's information and was able to confirm that my file was received on April 3rd 2014 - the same day my delivery notice from Canada Post states. So apparently they opened my file the same day and put in the sponsorship details. She gave me a temp file number which starts with XF-------. She also told me that when they start working on my file, the "X" in the number will disappear and the file number will remain the same, starting with just a single "F". I'm relieved that my packet didn't come back and that since they opened it, my application is complete. I'll go ahead and get my medical done this month and wait for the next step.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
Hi guys. I am resubmitting my application today. I already did additional family form. but since I don't have any children in my home country should I just leave out the additional dependents form altogether?

rjheard

Feb 3, 2014
I tried calling CIC but didn't get a good response. They don't even have my Temporary File Number and the Call Centre Agent told me the whole package might probably still be in the mail room, not opened yet. It was received in the 1st week of March 2014. :(

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Just called CIC and they confirmed receiving my application on the 4th of march, and said we have a temporary file number, couldn't confirm the completeness off the application though.

rjheard

Feb 3, 2014
For everyone who has received their temporary file number,

What did you use? The Sponsor's UCI (Client ID), or the Receipt Number? Thanks.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
rjheard said:

when we got a temp # it turned out to be the sponsor's uci. would imagine it's the same for outland/inland?

rjheard

Feb 3, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
when we got a temp # it turned out to be the sponsor's uci. would imagine it's the same for outland/inland?
Hmm, I am referring to the Temporary File Number that azarme09, Simkr, and shaqhal received.

When I called, the call centre agent asked me if I have my UCI (as the sponsor) or the receipt number. I gave my UCI for him to check, and he said that I don't have any file number assigned to me, so probably my package is still in the mail room. I am kinda disappointed because for 3 others here, they all have received a Temporary File Number or some sort, implying that their application package is complete :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
rjheard said:
Hmm, I am referring to the Temporary File Number that azarme09, Simkr, and shaqhal received.

When I called, the call centre agent asked me if I have my UCI (as the sponsor) or the receipt number. I gave my UCI for him to check, and he said that I don't have any file number assigned to me, so probably my package is still in the mail room. I am kinda disappointed because for 3 others here, they all have received a Temporary File Number or some sort, implying that their application package is complete :(
yes, when we had a missing form, i had my husband call weekly to find out what was going on. at one point he got a temp #, which ended up being his UCI. i don't think the call center person actually called it a temp "uci" number. also, our document request letter had a file number on it. So getting a file number doesn't indicated the file is complete, just that it's been opened. The file number on our missing form request remained our file number for the whole process. I *assume* the first thing that happens when an application is opened is that it's assigned a file number and possibly UCI numbers. i was unable to sign on to ecas using either of these numbers until we got our sponsorship approval, so both numbers were pretty useless online until they actually made a decision on his eligibility. I *think* these "temp" numbers only help the CIC call center find the application quicker in their system.

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
rjheard said:

The call center agent only needed my name and confirmed my identity, and he didn't give me the temporary file number either, just confirmed that we had one and said it will probably be changed when they start working on the application. also coudnt confirm if the application was complete or not just confirmed that it was received on the 4th of march.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I started my conversation with the call center agent that: "Hi! I applied on ---- and i have talked to people who applied around the same time. They said that they were able to receive a temp file number. Do you think you could look mine up, pls?"

She took my & my husband's details and bam. done :)

rjheard said: