+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello everybody, i'm just new to the forum and my partner and I are submitting the application before the month ends. I'm just a little bit confused on which date am i going to provide on when we entered into the common law relationship:

1.11/24/2012 - we became officially together but we're living on a different address.
2. 3/3/2013 - we live together on the same address until now, it's been 1 year and 3 months we live in the same address, we're both in Canada.

Thank you

Germanychamp

Jul 14, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am new to this great forum and already have 2 questions ;D

..on the "on-line services" shows (since last week) that my application status is "Application received" but i have not got an AOR yet, so...

1) Will I get an AOR letter from CIC ? or is my file being online some how is the AOR?
2) Does "Application recieved" mean that my Application is complete and there are no documents outdated or missing?

Thanks guys for any reply :D

rjheard

Feb 3, 2014
Germanychamp said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this great forum and already have 2 questions ;D

..on the "on-line services" shows (since last week) that my application status is "Application received" but i have not got an AOR yet, so...

1) Will I get an AOR letter from CIC ? or is my file being online some how is the AOR?
2) Does "Application recieved" mean that my Application is complete and there are no documents outdated or missing?

Thanks guys for any reply :D
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :) I wonder how you can check the application status without any AOR? I thought that the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) is only given to us with the AOR? Sorry I am also quite new in this forum :D

Thanks for the reply.

Germanychamp

Jul 14, 2014
rjheard said:
Hi,

Welcome to the forum :) I wonder how you can check the application status without any AOR? I thought that the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) is only given to us with the AOR? Sorry I am also quite new in this forum :D

Thanks for the reply.
Hi thanks,
my application was sent back due to an outdated file, they gave me a UCI number when they send the whole file back.

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Germanychamp said:
Hi thanks,
my application was sent back due to an outdated file, they gave me a UCI number when they send the whole file back.
when was it sent back and when did you resend the application?

Germanychamp

Jul 14, 2014
shaqhal said:
when was it sent back and when did you resend the application?
Hi,

it was sent back end of January, i send it back on feb. 14th, recieved on feb 17th. Does anyone have an answer for my previous questions?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
From what we have seen on the forum before, your ecas update just means that they have opened your application and entered it into the system and you may not receive any further communication from CIC before your AIP/DM unless they need more information from you. You can "consider" this as your AOR at this time.

Germanychamp said:
Hi,

it was sent back end of January, i send it back on feb. 14th, recieved on feb 17th. Does anyone have an answer for my previous questions?

indiana_rica

Apr 15, 2014
Hello everyone, my husband and i submitted our application 23 April, 2014, and like most of you we are waiting on AOR etc. I was just wondering, i visited the CIC site today and saw two forms were revised in June 2014, does this mean CIC will return my application? Just curious because that will be daft if every-time a form changes after submitting applications in it is returned, seeing that it takes 11 months and up for processing! Hoping everyone is being productive as much as they can as we await work permits, AOR , AIP, etc, praying that processing times will improve.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
indiana_rica said:
Hello everyone, my husband and i submitted our application 23 April, 2014, and like most of you we are waiting on AOR etc. I was just wondering, i visited the CIC site today and saw two forms were revised in June 2014, does this mean CIC will return my application? Just curious because that will be daft if every-time a form changes after submitting applications in it is returned, seeing that it takes 11 months and up for processing! Hoping everyone is being productive as much as they can as we await work permits, AOR , AIP, etc, praying that processing times will improve.
If you submitted your application and CIC received it before the new forms were officially updated, you would be fine.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LAKEWOOD said:
Hello everybody, i'm just new to the forum and my partner and I are submitting the application before the month ends. I'm just a little bit confused on which date am i going to provide on when we entered into the common law relationship:

1.11/24/2012 - we became officially together but we're living on a different address.
2. 3/3/2013 - we live together on the same address until now, it's been 1 year and 3 months we live in the same address, we're both in Canada.

Thank you
1. This date means nothing to CIC, if it is simply the day that you and your partner became a `couple', but were not yet living together (for a common-law application).

2. 3/4/2014 was the day that you OFFICIALLY entered into your common-law relationship; exactly one year after you began living together.

Hopefully, you have plenty of proof that you will send along with your application. Things like:

Joint lease or mortgage
Mail delivered to each of you at that address
Joint utility bills, cell phone plan, bank account, etc.

`Saying' that you've been living together is one thing...you also need to send evidence that proves this (beyond a doubt) to CIC.

Good luck!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
The date they became a couple is also asked by CIC when they say "When did the relationship begin?"
There is a separate place to enter the official date of marriage/c-law etc.

Ponga said:
1. This date means nothing to CIC, if it is simply the day that you and your partner became a `couple', but were not yet living together (for a common-law application).

2. 3/4/2014 was the day that you OFFICIALLY entered into your common-law relationship; exactly one year after you began living together.

Hopefully, you have plenty of proof that you will send along with your application. Things like:

Joint lease or mortgage
Mail delivered to each of you at that address
Joint utility bills, cell phone plan, bank account, etc.

`Saying' that you've been living together is one thing...you also need to send evidence that proves this (beyond a doubt) to CIC.

Good luck!

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
HELP! We got our application back again! This time it says we need to include a current IMM008, IMM5669 and IMM5406 and it has underlined for all dependent children whether applicable or not. I don't get it. We did these forms. Are we supposed to do one for each child of his even though they are adults with their own lives and are remaining in the USA?? I don't get it! Someone help me figure this out, please!

"you must provide a current and completed generic application form for Canada (IMM0008) information for the principal applicant and all dependants, if applicable, whether accompanying or not refer to cic website at.."

It says the same thing for the other 2 forms as well..

Ok..just noticed the IMM008 we sent in, for some reason the dependent section is not even there! Not even on the pdf fillable for addition of that info. Not sure why! So once we complete a proper IMM008, it's only the applicant for PR who does that, right?

5669 is only done by the applicant, correct? 5406 done by applicant for PR and his 2 kids as well even though they are not moving to Canada?

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
KaZRa said:
HELP! We got our application back again! This time it says we need to include a current IMM008, IMM5669 and IMM5406 and it has underlined for all dependent children whether applicable or not. I don't get it. We did these forms. Are we supposed to do one for each child of his even though they are adults with their own lives and are remaining in the USA?? I don't get it! Someone help me figure this out, please!

"you must provide a current and completed generic application form for Canada (IMM0008) information for the principal applicant and all dependants, if applicable, whether accompanying or not refer to cic website at.."

It says the same thing for the other 2 forms as well..

Ok..just noticed the IMM008 we sent in, for some reason the dependent section is not even there! Not even on the pdf fillable for addition of that info. Not sure why! So once we complete a proper IMM008, it's only the applicant for PR who does that, right?

5669 is only done by the applicant, correct? 5406 done by applicant for PR and his 2 kids as well even though they are not moving to Canada?

so sorry to hear that kazra.