+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
sophieee said:
It was at the end of my 6 months period and days before we applied for PR. We didn't even go to the USA, just wanted to give back a green flip at the Canadian border. We went too far before turning back, so basically crossed the border, and when we went back we were sent in for further inspection. Inside the officer asked a few questions, we could tell that she wasn't happy with us, told us to sit down and wait again. We were very afraid, that she won't let me back. When she called us again, she gave us a big speech, that my 6 months was about to expire and we didn't have any proof that I will leave and we could know better that I was advised to not leave Canada, and now, how could we convince her that I will leave when I have to, etc. She didn't care that I never overstayed my visa, that we said that we will apply for PR and for a visa extension in days, there was no room for argument.
It took about 20 minutes, at the end she gave me a 2 months visitor extension and warned that I will need to renew it, and that I shouldn't leave Canada until I became a PR.
Wow lucky you! Great you were admitted an entry back. from another prospective ,I dont understand why it is questionable for PR application to either be admitted or denied entry by someone? this means if the border officer was in a bad mood or simply didnt like someone, they cant deny their entry and those people will lose all the time ,efforts they made to sent their PR application. it is another sign of giving power to someone who may use it wrongly.
just like the new immigration law that can revoke the citizenship even from the citizen who were born in Canada. I am not happy at all with all of that. this is not Canada I had in mind

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
lellen said:
I have a Visa to the United States. I entered Canada without a Visa (for Canada) after coming back from the States, with a valid work permit. A work permit and a Visa in Canada are two different things, and if I had travelled anywhere else (not the States), I would have needed a Visa (in addition to the work permit), which I didn't have.
Yes that make sense :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Chi0180 said:
I got my AOR today! :) Woohoo! CIC gets it moving ;)
Congrats!:) Perhaps we will get more today!:)

flowergirl2014

May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 12, 2014
AOR Received.
Jun. 17, 2014
Med's Done....
sent with app
Chi0180 said:
I got my AOR today! :) Woohoo! CIC gets it moving ;)
Congrats! ;D

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
sophieee said:
You don't need a lawyer or consultant, only thing you need to do is apply for change your status. You cab do this with paper app or online.
ok i understand i checked out in cic website and they said im elligible. One more thing should i have to do medical exam before or then when they ask to do.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
randhawa_a said:
ok i understand i checked out in cic website and they said im elligible. One more thing should i have to do medical exam before or then when they ask to do.
You need to have Medical for the online application, but not for a paper app. It's strange, I don't know why is there difference. But anyway, if you don't have your meds done yet, you can still apply with the paper forms. It's enough if you apply at the beginning of September.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
sophieee said:
You need to have Medical for the online application, but not for a paper app. It's strange, I don't know why is there difference. But anyway, if you don't have your meds done yet, you can still apply with the paper forms. It's enough if you apply at the beginning of September.
h
im thinking to do now.. but in little nervouse. It that complicate to get visa. If it refused what i will do.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
randhawa_a said:
h
im thinking to do now.. but in little nervouse. It that complicate to get visa. If it refused what i will do.
It's very unlikely that you will be refused while your inland application is in process. Just make sure to send everything, including an explanation letter, a copy of the AOR and a print out from the e-cas, and everything else they ask on the checklist. You will be fine!

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
sophieee said:
It's very unlikely that you will be refused while your inland application is in process. Just make sure to send everything, including an explanation letter, a copy of the AOR and a print out from the e-cas, and everything else they ask on the checklist. You will be fine!
what should i have to write in explanation letter. I was doing queationery in online so they ask for purpose of applying visa. What should i have to write down there was option like visting friend family, tourism or other.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
sophieee said:
When did you request your notes? It's great that so much thing is in process:)
I requested it 30 days before it arrived. It's almost always exactly 30 days.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
randhawa_a said:
what should i have to write in explanation letter. I was doing queationery in online so they ask for purpose of applying visa. What should i have to write down there was option like visting friend family, tourism or other.
That you wish to stay with your spouse/partner while your application for PR is finalized.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
computergeek said:
That you wish to stay with your spouse/partner while your application for PR is finalized.
In document checklist, they want letter or any proof of my currently attendence in my school. but i left my studies almost 10 months ago. i dont have any proof of current studies an my status is still student. is that make any problem?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
randhawa_a said:
In document checklist, they want letter or any proof of my currently attendence in my school. but i left my studies almost 10 months ago. i dont have any proof of current studies an my status is still student. is that make any problem?
Are you looking at this one?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp