+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

James Russo

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROSE K said:
I got email that We have an appointment for interview in vancouver.( me and my spouse both needs to appear in interview)
What they Ask in interview and why they need my husband for interview.
Thanks

Landing interview is the last step before to become PR. It's a simple process.. your husband needs to go because he is your sponsor. Follow the instructions in your letter and that's it. Congrats.. which day will be the interview?

ROSE K

Mar 1, 2016
I got email for interview on 24 March,2016. and my online status is updated today to DECISION MADE. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Hi everyone, :)

I'm currently collecting all the paper work for my application and I have a couple of questions.

How much proof do you need to provide? Should I just stick to what they are asking in the forms? Or should I add more ? We are married, not commonlaw. We lived together for 8 months before marrying. But we don't have a joint bank account or anything like that. Is that a big deal?

And another question, do you need to submit medical and police check before you apply or they will request it later? if they do, then how much time do they usually give you?
Police check can take up to a month.

Thanks for your help! :)

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Finally landed in Montreal... Now I am officially PR :) thanks to everyone in this group!!! Everything went very smooth. I reached at 9:00 am, about 15 minutes later a supernice agent called my name. She simply asked if I convicted crime in Canada, and my last date of entry.that's it!!! We were out by 9:30 :)

elisinha

Jan 18, 2016
lizololo said:
Hi everyone, :)

I'm currently collecting all the paper work for my application and I have a couple of questions.

How much proof do you need to provide? Should I just stick to what they are asking in the forms? Or should I add more ? We are married, not commonlaw. We lived together for 8 months before marrying. But we don't have a joint bank account or anything like that. Is that a big deal?

And another question, do you need to submit medical and police check before you apply or they will request it later? if they do, then how much time do they usually give you?
Police check can take up to a month.

Thanks for your help! :)

Send ALL the proof as you possibly can. More than what they ask for... the more the better and everything counts.
Send the proof that you lived together, if possible.
Dont worry about joint bank accounts (me and my husband never shared money and I am a successful PR lol) A lot of couples dont have joint accounts now days...

Police and Medical expire, so if your process will take more than 1 year, dont bother sending it out. You can send latter on, if not, they will ask for it and they usually give you a month to have it back to them.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elisinha said:
Send ALL the proof as you possibly can. More than what they ask for... the more the better and everything counts.
Dont worry about joint bank accounts (me and my husband never shared money and I am a successful PR lol) A lot of couples dont have joint accounts now days...

Police and Medical expire, so if your process will take more than 1 year, dont bother sending it out. You can send latter on, if not, they will ask for it and they usually give you a month to have it back to them.
CIC has changed the rules regarding PCC letters. They no longer expire after 90 days.

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
Is PCC a police check? So if I send it right away I don't have to bother any more ? It's hard to get it a couple of times when I don't live in my home country any more and you can't order it online :(

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
elisinha said:

Thank you for your help!

I have attached a bunch of photos of us together, I created a separate doc file and put some explanation and photos there.
I also attached everything they require like a list of close friends and when my sponsor met them,also a separate file for our wedding ceremony.
I attached lots of flight tickets when I came out to visit him , as we started as a long term relationship for 6 months.

I will also attach the lease and we are planning on buying a house soon together and starting a family. so maybe there will be some additional proof there ;D

We've met online and I'm wondering if I should attach our conversations or not? we also have gazillion of messages on facebook :eek:

we don't have any wills yet or life insurance to include each other as a beneficiary.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lizololo said:
Is PCC a police check? So if I send it right away I don't have to bother any more ? It's hard to get it a couple of times when I don't live in my home country any more and you can't order it online :(
Yes.

As long as you do not return to the country from which the PCC is issued, you will not need to provide it a second time (no expiry).

For those that are still in the country where it was issued, it must be provided to CIC within 6 months from when it was issued (was 90 days).

Pata

Sep 21, 2015
Aqsamunir said:
Finally landed in Montreal... Now I am officially PR :) thanks to everyone in this group!!! Everything went very smooth. I reached at 9:00 am, about 15 minutes later a supernice agent called my name. She simply asked if I convicted crime in Canada, and my last date of entry.that's it!!! We were out by 9:30 :)
I landed today in Montreal as well! :)

I wanted to ask if it's true that you can cross the border by a private car just holding your passport and COPR?. The agent told me that the card is taking 6 weeks to be deliver... I was planning to travel with my husband to our my home country for a few days during the first week of May, but since the card is not going to be delivered I was hoping to get some advise here...

Is it true that you can cross the border by private car just holding your passport and your COPR? Any advise or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pata said:
I landed today in Montreal as well! :)

I wanted to ask if it's true that you can cross the border by a private car just holding your passport and COPR?. The agent told me that the card is taking 6 weeks to be deliver... I was planning to travel with my husband to our my home country for a few days during the first week of May, but since the card is not going to be delivered I was hoping to get some advise here...

Is it true that you can cross the border by private car just holding your passport and your COPR? Any advise or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, but you will probably be sent into Secondary Inspection. The Primary officer will not be able to see that your are a PR on their screen. It's also possible that you may get a bit of a lecture, but in the end you will be allowed to re-enter Canada.

Pata

Sep 21, 2015
Ponga said:
Yes, but you will probably be sent into Secondary Inspection. The Primary officer will not be able to see that your are a PR on their screen. It's also possible that you may get a bit of a lecture, but in the end you will be allowed to re-enter Canada.
Thanks for the reply Ponga!

Does being sent to a secondary inspection will bring future problems whenever I re-enter Canada either by car or plane?

lizololo

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
Ponga said:
Yes.

As long as you do not return to the country from which the PCC is issued, you will not need to provide it a second time (no expiry).

For those that are still in the country where it was issued, it must be provided to CIC within 6 months from when it was issued (was 90 days).
Thank you so much!

Bing_M

Jan 25, 2016
Bing_M said:
Thanks James.
Sent a letter/email/fax to them a week ago to ask why its taking more than 20 months for the first phase. They replied with an email saying its in process and a week later got the SA and AIP.

Now, need to work on getting my wife back because she had to leave for a family emergency last November.

I'm holding on to this article guide to CIC officers:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/pr.asp

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the IRCC website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its regulations permit certain foreign nationals to apply for permanent residence from within Canada. Given that processing times for in-Canada applications can be lengthy, in some instances, an applicant may voluntarily and temporarily leave Canada during the processing of their application.

Temporary residence applicants with in-Canada applications for permanent residence in progress

Has an approval in principle been granted?

When processing applications for temporary resident visas for foreign nationals with an application
for permanent residence in Canada in progress, take into consideration whether approval in principle
(first-stage approval) has been granted. It is consistent with IRPA, and in the best interests
of both CIC and the applicant, to facilitate the re-entry of these applicants as temporary residents
in order to continue processing their application for permanent residence from within Canada.

Note: Officers should note that issuing a temporary resident visa to facilitate return will permit
these applicants to be granted permanent residence from within Canada. A temporary resident permit will not.
Got a response back from CIC (after 11 business days) , after filling up online application for TRV. CIC requesting to send passport to nearest VAC in Tokyo to send passport to Manila.