+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
I am getting so Tired of waiting for my landing interview, its been about 3 weeks now...
That office is known as the Black Hole...for some applicants:

scylla said:
I wouldn't buy flight tickets until you have the interview date.

It's generally a bit difficult to guess Etobicoke timelines since this is where applications are sent when CIC wants to review them more closely. Since this office handles non-standard applications, their timelines tend to be a bit non-standard as well.

Good luck - hopfully you are close to the end of your journey.
Maybe, you're one of the lucky ones that's under review?! Maybe?!

Remember, they can still review the application up to (and including) the landing appointment, which is why the approval letters ALWAYS say that a final descision will be made at the landing interview.

"...Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents...."

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Hello I got AIP and try to OWP online.

Whenever I finished the eligibility questions, I only get "You are eligible to apply for Family sponsorship" , Not OWP....

These days, when I call cic and ask verify my application just in case DM letter is coming, they never do that. It wasn't like that before..

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
Surprisingly got a response from my GCMS order in less than 30 days.
It was rejected as expected.... well kind of.
They requested I send the consent form I forgot to attach, and that the file is on hold.
If I respond with the form, will it take an additional 30 days?
If so, I'll just send a brand new request instead.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
hollywoodcory said:
Surprisingly got a response from my GCMS order in less than 30 days.
It was rejected as expected.... well kind of.
They requested I send the consent form I forgot to attach, and that the file is on hold.
If I respond with the form, will it take an additional 30 days?
If so, I'll just send a brand new request instead.
I had to do that too and after submitting the form via email I waited for over 30 days anyway...

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
MaryLou6 said:
I had to do that too and after submitting the form via email I waited for over 30 days anyway...
So I'll just make a new request then. Though I guess just replying means I don't have to fill out all those fields again.
I was surprised it came in less then 30 days. (Requested September 14, received October 8)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
crystallps said:
Thanks for the links; those are exactly what I was looking for.

So the way I see it now I have two options. I can withdraw my inland app before it begins processing. I should be refunded everything but the $75 fee? After that, I can submit a new, outland app. Will withdrawing my app will have a negative consequence on a future one? How long until they return my documents to me?

Or I can wait for a decision on my inland app. If it begins processing (which I assume I will find out via AOR within about 2 months?) then I am all set. If it gets returned to me, then I can send out a new outland app. Is this correct?
Take a look at the spreadsheet to get an idea about how many people didn't receive AOR. Of course, some of them surely just forgot to update the spreadsheet, but still, many people haven't received it. And even if you do, it happened so many times before that an application got returned for different reasons AFTER the AOR. So even if you receive, you still can't be sure.

If you decide to withdraw, the bad news is that you surely won't see your inland app for a few months, and you might never get it back. So you have to prepare everything from scratch.
The good news is that the withdrawal shouldn't affect your application in any way. Send them a cover letter and explain that you just found out that you can apply outland while being with your spouse in Canada as a visitor and that is the reason of the withdrawal.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
After 18 agonizing months my journey is finally over. My wife finally landed today.

Special thanks goes out to:
The kind folks at our local CIC office who misguided us into applying with the inland steam instead of outland, and being generally clueless about every part of the application process.
The processing centers, who so selflessly went on strike, moved offices, and worked at a lobotomized sea sponge's pace over the past 18 months, causing wait times to triple, and ensuring that applicants would just barely be able to survive till their applications are dusted off.
All the morons at the call center who were happy to provide us with so little information.
Our MPP's office, who barely even knew what OHIP was, had no idea what the OHIP regulations were, and were always happy to provide us with untimely incorrect information.
Our MP's office who encouraged us to stick with the Inland stream a year ago, and took 10 months to find out if our application had arrived at CIC. We certainly enjoyed our monthly phone calls.
The neanderthals updating CIC's website, making sure we are kept up to date with the latest century-old information.

and finally, un-sarcastic legitimate thanks to the people of this forum for actually providing correct information, special call outs to Sophieee and Ponga.
CIC should seriously consider deleting their entire website and replacing it with this forum.

For anyone looking for details, we had these 3 landing questions:
Were you arrested or convicted of any crimes?
Have you ever been denied entry into Canada?
Do you have any dependents?

For the SIN # we got asked:
Are you a twin or a triplet?

That's it, we're done. Happy lives everyone. For those of you still enduring CIC's never ending BS, stay strong, stay vocal, you can defeat this beast. Cheers.

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Ponga said:
Your Inland application won't even begin processing for ~ 16 months! You'd be lucky to receive an AOR in a month, or so, but some people never even get one! You would certainly qualify for a full refund now.

I strongly echo the advice to withdraw and re-apply via an Outland application ASAP (the package/forms are slightly different). There's a very good chance that you could complete the entire process in 6-8 months (but would not qualify for an OWP), versus 26 months for an Inland application (according to the latest processing times). All you need to do is apply to extend your visitor status before it expires, to maintain legal status while you wait.
Slight problem.. they will not let me withdraw until they open the application. According to the agent they are currently opening April packages. So no matter what, I am stuck here waiting until they open it and send it back. What I don't understand is how they can be opening April ones (pretty sure the agent was not 100% correct) when OWP approval takes 3-4 months? Doesn't that mean that they will definitely be opening up my package within 3-4 months?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
After 18 agonizing months my journey is finally over. My wife finally landed today.

The kind folks at our local CIC office who misguided us into applying with the inland steam instead of outland, and being generally clueless about every part of the application process.
The processing centers, who so selflessly went on strike, moved offices, and worked at a lobotomized sea sponge's pace over the past 18 months, causing wait times to triple, and ensuring that applicants would just barely be able to survive till their applications are dusted off.
All the morons at the call center who were happy to provide us with so little information.
Our MPP's office, who barely even knew what OHIP was, had no idea what the OHIP regulations were, and were always happy to provide us with untimely incorrect information.
Our MP's office who encouraged us to stick with the Inland stream a year ago, and took 10 months to find out if our application had arrived at CIC. We certainly enjoyed our monthly phone calls.
The neanderthals updating CIC's website, making sure we are kept up to date with the latest century-old information.

and finally, un-sarcastic legitimate thanks to the people of this forum for actually providing correct information, special call outs to Sophieee and Ponga.
CIC should seriously consider deleting their entire website and replacing it with this forum.

That's it, we're done. Happy lives everyone. For those of you still enduring CIC's never ending BS, stay strong, stay vocal, you can defeat this beast. Cheers.
Congratulations! I suspect you've already deleted this website from your favourites, but...maybe pop in occassionally, just to make people laugh!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystallps said:
Slight problem.. they will not let me withdraw until they open the application. According to the agent they are currently opening April packages. So no matter what, I am stuck here waiting until they open it and send it back. What I don't understand is how they can be opening April ones (pretty sure the agent was not 100% correct) when OWP approval takes 3-4 months? Doesn't that mean that they will definitely be opening up my package within 3-4 months?
AFAIK, there's no reason why you can't submit the Outland application now, while you wait for them to tell you when you can cancel the Inland application. Just use the same receipt(s).

You can't have two different spousal sponsorship applications being processed, but you're not planning to do that anyway. The fee for the Sponsor approval ($75) isn't really spent until CIC has started processing the application...which is currently ~ 16 months after they receive it.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:

Huge congrats for both of you! :) It was a pleasure to have you here :)
(On a side note, why are they asking just for twins and triplets? What if someone has 3 twin sisters?)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
crystallps said:
Call centre agents can tell a lot of things... It is difficult to them to find your application if you don't have your file number, but you still can send a letter of withdrawal stating all of your personal information, and send a second one again (containing the first one) once you have your AOR. I think it would be important to send them a withdrawal letter just to be able to send a copy of it with your outland application.
But on a second thought, if you don't even try to pay them the correct fees they will just reject your application anyway, even before they can start to process it.
I am sure that the most correct way would be to wait for your rejection and apply only after that, but you don't want to waste any more time, and I really believe that you won't have a problem if you send a withdrawal and apply right away outland.

Oct 8, 2015
Sponsoring my wife, second attempt -)))

First sponsorship application was withdrawn at our request and as a result, the PR application was refused.

At one point my wife wanted to return back and we planned to apply outland, but then decided not to (who knows what kind of a surprise our CIC friends can bring )
First application was transferred to local office for further processing and then we cancelled it.

New application was received by CIC-M on the 17th of July, 2014.
Last correspondence from CIC:

UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application No.: F000XXXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXX,
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/06/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Before we applied we already had a child together. Met in 2012, married in Canada in September 2012.

In July this year our second child was born ( we simply do not wanna let anyone to crash our plans for life and decide for us when we should have children and when not). NO PR/AIP - no OHIP. As simply as that. Anyways, we were able to cope with that. We sent an email to CIC to notify about a new child in a family - no answer/reply was received ever.

Both kids are Canadian Citizens, so no sponsorship is required for them. I am (a sponsor) became a CAN citizen this year (while the app is still in process, no AIP yet).

DM was not requested yet, but my wife has done it with the first application.

We live in Nepean (Ottawa). Went physically to our MP's local office to ask for help. The following response was received: YOU HAVE TO WAIT GUYS!!!! This is the way it is. It was in April 2015. We hoped that MP might give a bit help (kick the APP), so that by July my wife would have OHIP. No way. And btw, ppl at our MP's office are nice and kind, but are not interested to help at all. They actually told us upfront: all we can do for you - check the status of your application and give you a little bit more information than you would find on the CIC website/call center.

Then we have made a ministerial inquiry to the C. Alexander's office. After a month, this is the reply we received:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX:

This is in reply to your correspondence of April 1, 2015, addressed to Mr. Chris Alexander, Canada’s Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, concerning XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of her application for permanent residence.

We realize that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. Every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible.

One of the benefits of the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class is having spouses co-habit in Canada instead of enduring the hardship of being separated during the application processing and approval stages abroad. Given this significant benefit, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) does not have an established service standard for this class of immigrants and informs applicants in the application guides of the possibility of longer processing times. In the guide, applicants are advised that the family class is aimed at faster processing of spouse or common law partner applications from applicants outside Canada and that processing times for spouses or common law partners in Canada are generally longer.

Our records confirm that your sponsorship undertaking was received in June 2014, and is currently in queue for assessment by an officer. Inland processing of applications submitted by spouses or common-law partners requires an average of 16 months, from when the complete application is received, for first-stage of approval or “approval in principle”, but can be longer depending on the individual circumstances of each case. Currently, immigration officials are working on applications received in January 2014.

I would also like to point out that, effective December 22, 2014, eligible spouses or common-law partners have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed. CIC will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made. Further information can be found on our Web site at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With regard to the increase in processing times for this application category, departmental officials realize that clients are experiencing frustration due to lengthy processing times. However, CIC continues to process these applications in date order, based on the date the application is received.

Further information on processing times can be found at: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I trust that the information provided is of assistance.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ministerial Enquiries Division

Again, that was April, 2015, today we are already enjoying beautiful Canadian fall -)

Reasons for this post:
1. Support other who are in the same shoes. Guys, stay optimistic and hope to hear something from CIC soon.
2. Get any updates on recent replays from CIC from applicants whose app was received by CIC near 17/06/2014
3. Any suggestions comments, questions, etc are welcomed.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
Huge congrats for both of you! :) It was a pleasure to have you here :)
(On a side note, why are they asking just for twins and triplets? What if someone has 3 twin sisters?)
Yeah, it seems like a fairly useless question to ask since there is no photo for SIN numbers... you'd think they'd ask that for the cards requiring photo ID...

Toronto84

Jul 23, 2015
Hey everyone,

I have a question about the Open Work Permit and applying for jobs or working.

If someone has an Open Work Permit and an employer asks for the Social Insurance Number or some kind of identification number, which number on the Open Work Permit document is it?

Thank you for your help.