Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
When do you think is a good time to repeat the medical exams? I've done mine in August 2014, my App was received in September 2014.
I'd rather spend the money than wait a few months longer, when/if cic will request them.

Also, if I did my medical for my study permit a couple years back, then new medicals for PR, do you think they will request a new (third of all) medical sometime in Sept/Oct? Has anyone been in a similar situation, where your medical for PR wasn't the first one ever? Did they make you repeat it?

Thanks, have a nice day ;)

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

When going in for the landing interview, I know its normally a very quick process with 3 questions.

Do you have to bring anything to the interview itself?

I have heard some people are asked to bring in proof of a copy of their address (Is this even a requirement on the email they send you to bring to the interview?), Is this true as I don't think I have much?

ckash16

Dec 10, 2014
Still waiting on DM as well. A second PCC was sent to CIC and Meds were done and received by CIC on June 2nd.

Anyone know how long it takes approx. from sending meds/additional docs to DM

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Hi all,

When going in for the landing interview, I know its normally a very quick process with 3 questions.

I have heard some people are asked to bring in proof of a copy of their address (Is this even a requirement on the email they send you to bring to the interview?), Is this true as I don't think I have much?
The sponsor has to bring ID and proof of address. A driver's licence will be good because it has your address on it. The applicant needs to bring his/her passport, PR card photos, and it's a good idea to bring proof of address as well. This is their last chance to comfirm that you actually live together. All this will be in your landing letter.

Also, one thing that surpised me (I am the sponsor), I was asked for proof of Canadian Citizenship at the landing interview. I responded very politely that I didn't bring it because the letter didn't ask for it. The officer shook her head and continued asking questions. It was actually very intimidating. Each one of us was asked at least 3 times if we had any other husbands/wives. We just looked at each other and laughed and she asked again...

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
sniper23 said:
Processing time is cut in down now to 15 months
Wow, that is awesome. They processed 33 days cases within a week. :)

Germanychamp

Jul 14, 2014
Hi everyone,
i just recieved AIP and DM. "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

We applied on Feb.17 2014. CIC asked for MEDs on May 24th, MEDs done June 9th.

Does anyone know how long the office in Etobicoke takes to issue a landing interview date?

Thanks

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Germanychamp said:
Hi everyone,
i just recieved AIP and DM. "We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in Etobicoke will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

We applied on Feb.17 2014. CIC asked for MEDs on May 24th, MEDs done June 9th.

Does anyone know how long the office in Etobicoke takes to issue a landing interview date?

Thanks

Etobicoke is actually pretty quick. I received DM on May 9th and on May 13th I received a letter informing that the landing interview will be on the 20th. They also didn't specify a time, but gave a time window between 8:30 and 10:30 I believe. I was there at 8:00 and there were already at least 20 people in line so arrive early! They will also give you a new SIN there.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi to all inland application 2014:)

Please help / advice me / enlighten me for this matter

Manila /canad embassy asking my dependant to fill out forms / sent documents.
One of those form is IMM 5604 non accompanied parent signature.
My question is to those person who knew or who encounter this situation.
The other parents (accompanied parent) don't want to sign or he don't cooperate , what other option should I need to do , do I need to go in high court ? Coz I already did the affidavit sole costudy made by attorney & notarized by Philippines embassy canada but I think that's not enough documents what u all guys think/ advice? Thanks u very much for the advice & help.

zaibraza

Sep 19, 2013
Application filed june 5th 2014. AOR received august 2014. application in process 25th feb 2015. we moved and we did changed the address on the file online but due to technical issues it didnt work. I just checked my application status and they have our previous address. I'm wondering, as it says that the application is in process, does that means that they mailed us the medical forms to the address on file ? i changed the address again today and also sent them an enquiry using the case specific enquiry tool online, about the situation. I read online that you are suppose to get your medical done in 30 days after they mail you the form.
anyone in the same situation? any advice/suggestions.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Hi all,

during the interview we were asked to show proof of address and we both had our driving licenses. the officer also asked to see our marriage certificate. besides that, my passport, sponsor's ID, PR photos - i think that's all.

and of course print the landing appointment and have it with you.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
This latest update puts CIC back on track with mid-December, eliminating the backlog created during 2015.

Now, the 2015 backlog was nothing compared to the 2014 backlog, so hopefully we'll see that get chipped away as well.

Here are the latest graphs:

The steadily increasing backlog being cut by the latest update:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/gpooj/2015-06-25%2009_14_58_zpsgkd7qh46.png

Forecasting April 1, 2014 submission completion. At this point it's a toss-up, but still interesting:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/gpooj/2015-06-25%2009_15_07_zpstwdkaiv0.png

From the above you can see that we're back on par with the backlog of mid-December.

ml1535

Mar 1, 2014
Hi everyone.
First off - congrats on everyone getting good news!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight. Very confused and frustrated at the moment.

My application was received on: JAN 23rd 2014

I got an email about a month ago stating that my application was being transferred to CIC Etobicoke for further assessment. They didn't give us SA or anything, but just told us it was being transfered and we might be contacted for an interview.

We aren't worried about an interview because we are completely genuine and have nothing to hide, but what worries us is how long it may take until we hear something. It's really starting to get to us, as many of you probably understand :(

Does anyone have any experience or info on my situation or being transferred to Etobicoke CIC ? And the time it may take until we are contacted?!

Would really appreciate some help.
Good vibes to all of you!

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
Good thing now it shows 15 months Working on applications received on March 3, 2014
mine was showing in ecas app received Feb 3rd
only showing application received and not in process nothing
this really worries us
anyone similar situation

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Maggie03 said:
Good thing now it shows 15 months Working on applications received on March 3, 2014
mine was showing in ecas app received Feb 3rd
only showing application received and not in process nothing
this really worries us
anyone similar situation
Are you the sponsor? On my common law's ecas it says Sponsorship App In process since May 13th, but on my ecas it only says that my PR app is received.