Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
@mamika

If I may ask how did you get the CBSA to expedite your application?
You are sooo lucky!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Bonnella said:
@ mamika

If I may ask how did you get the CBSA to expedite your application?
You are sooo lucky!
You need to make CBSA want to remove you from the country. It's the best if you are out of status and make something else to get on their radar. Then just hope that CIC will expedite your application and you won't actually be removed (and maybe banned)... Not everyone so lucky.

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
sophieee said:
You need to make CBSA want to remove you from the country. It's the best if you are out of status and make something else to get on their radar. Then just hope that CIC will expedite your application and you won't actually be removed (and maybe banned)... Not everyone so lucky.
Yeah Im not sure I understand what you are saying? you saying to have your application expedited you should want the CBSA to remove you from Canada? why would you want that?? ???

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Bonnella said:
Yeah Im not sure I understand what you are saying? you saying to have your application expedited you should want the CBSA to remove you from Canada? why would you want that?? ???
what she is saying is those who get their inland applications "expedited" have been reported to CBSA as being in canada illegally and have been in jeopardy of being deported. what happens is when CBSA investigates and realizes you have an pr application submitted, they will request a response from CIC within a short amount of time so it can be determined whether the applicant is eligible for PR (AIP) or whether the deportation order should be honored. This usually results in stage 1 being expedited, though stage 2 remains the same.

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
rhcohen2014 said:
what she is saying is those who get their inland applications "expedited" have been reported to CBSA as being in canada illegally and have been in jeopardy of being deported. what happens is when CBSA investigates and realizes you have an pr application submitted, they will request a response from CIC within a short amount of time to avoid deporting the applicant. This usually results in stage 1 being expedited, though stage 2 remains the same.
Ohhh!!! I get it now!! Thank you @rhcohen and @sophiee

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
what she is saying is those who get their inland applications "expedited" have been reported to CBSA as being in canada illegally and have been in jeopardy of being deported. what happens is when CBSA realizes you have an pr application submitted, they will request a response from CIC within a short amount of time to avoid deporting the applicant. This usually results in stage 1 being expedited, though stage 2 remains the same.
Yes, but for an Inland applicant, there isn't much for CIC to do for stage 2 (only medical and criminality check) since stage 1 is the majority of the work.

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
So... our situation is that we applied in May 2014 - two months after we got married... couldn't get the OWP under the pilot program due to me being a few days out of status-we didnt even realise that we were out of status and would have renewed it if we had known...anyways long story short... its been hard man! We can barely afford to live. Hearing about the pilot program gave us some hope but that quickly went away... We were just wondering if there is anything else we can do? Can we involve our MP could that possibly help? What should we ask them to help us with. We not asking for the process to be expedited we just need to be able to work that's all!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonnella said:
So... our situation is that we applied in May 2014 - two months after we got married... couldn't get the OWP under the pilot program due to me being a few days out of status-we didnt even realise that we were out of status and would have renewed it if we had known...anyways long story short... its been hard man! We can barely afford to live. Hearing about the pilot program gave us some hope but that quickly went away... We were just wondering if there is anything else we can do? Can we involve our MP could that possibly help? What should we ask them to help us with. We not asking for the process to be expedited we just need to be able to work that's all!
Honestly...no.

At this point all you can do is wait for your AIP, which will then qualify you for the regular OWP (but it still won't restore your status).

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
Ponga said:
Honestly...no.

At this point all you can do is wait for your AIP, which will then qualify you for the regular OWP (but it still won't restore your status).
Thanks @Ponga.
What do you mean it wont restore your status?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonnella said:
Thanks @ Ponga.
What do you mean it wont restore your status?
You're welcome.

Since you did not apply for Restoration of Status with 90 days, you will not have legal status until you land as a PR.

The OWP that you receive after you have AIP does nothing to restore/regain your lost legal status (which is why it will have something on it that says 'Does not confer Temporary Residence Status' [or similar]). It may not be helpful for things like getting a driver licence, health insurance, etc., but...you can work!

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
Ponga said:
You're welcome.

Since you did not apply for Restoration of Status with 90 days, you will not have legal status until you land as a PR.

The OWP that you receive after you have AIP does nothing to restore/regain your lost legal status (which is why it will have something on it that says 'Does not confer Temporary Residence Status' [or similar]). It may not be helpful for things like getting a driver licence, health insurance, etc., but...you can work!
So there is no other way to restore my status before then?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonnella said:
So there is no other way to restore my status before then?
Not unless you leave Canada and are successful re-entering (which is not recommended).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Hi everyone, just a little heads up, we merged the two tracking spreadsheet (there was an other one from the Canada Inland Spousal Sponsorship Petitioners FB group) and I will work with Sabine Gowsy to keep it updated. Right now there must be a lot of duplications, I will try and get rid of them during next week. But even if I do that, there is a lot of data, so I'm thinking about making a separated sheet for the 2013 applicants and the other one for the 2014-2015 applicants.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
nb2013 said:
Hello,

OWP issued on April 1, 2015

Thanks!
WOW GOOD FOR YOU!! Did you apply separately or together with your PR application?