14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Fortunately, legal status in Canada is not a requirement for the spouse/partner in Canada class... That might not be true nowadays with the new update on CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are required to have legal immigration status in order to qualify under the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.

Important information. Applicants who wish to be able to continue to work and study in Canada must submit an application for extension before the work or study permit

They clearly emphasize about the dependent age above 19, they're not qualified to be dependent anymore on or before application received Aug. 1.

Apparently, if they would change the law about maintaining legal status they would specify it that the application received on or after October 25,2014 they are require to have legal status in order to qualify for inside Canada application.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Smsm81 said:
Fortunately, legal status in Canada is not a requirement for the spouse/partner in Canada class... That might not be true nowadays with the new update on CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are required to have legal immigration status in order to qualify under the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.

Important information. Applicants who wish to be able to continue to work and study in Canada must submit an application for extension before the work or study permit

And this guideline oppose the determine for eligibility:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Guys, regarding update family information, I have a question to get some confirmation from.

My wife was pregnant while we submitted our Inland application. Now our son is 6 month old, what do I need to send in to give updates.

I assume I will need to:
1. Provide the Additional information sheet with our son's information
2. Make a copy of his birth certificate.
3. Send to Mississauga

Has anyone done this process before? I made a phone call to CIC 2 month ago, the agent just said, don't do anything yet, wait till CIC contact you. I was like, well, till CIC contact us, my son may as well had gone through college by then.

Thanks,
Tom

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
hi tom, im in the same situation as you. when we applied my wife was pregnant but have given birth since. we called CIC to ask them if we have to notify them that the baby has born and the call centre agent told us we don't have to because the baby is already a Canadian citizen by birth.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
omariewk1 said:
hi tom, im in the same situation as you. when we applied my wife was pregnant but have given birth since. we called CIC to ask them if we have to notify them that the baby has born and the call centre agent told us we don't have to because the baby is already a Canadian citizen by birth.
Wrong!
You need to send them photocopy of your baby birth certificate to be added to your file.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
thank you smsm81, we called and ask CIC call centre agent about it and the guy told us we don't need to. can we wait until we receive AIP before sending them a copy of her birth certificate? I was telling my wife that we have to inform them about the birth of the baby and we call and was told its not a necessity. confusing and conflicting information. cant believe people on here knows more about the immigration process than those call centre agent that's paid to do a job.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
omariewk1 said:
thank you smsm81, we called and ask CIC call centre agent about it and the guy told us we don't need to. can we wait until we receive AIP before sending them a copy of her birth certificate? I was telling my wife that we have to inform them about the birth of the baby and we call and was told its not a necessity. confusing and conflicting information. cant believe people on here knows more about the immigration process than those call centre agent that's paid to do a job.
Look at your AOR
When should I contact CIC?
 Changes in your personal circumstances, including birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
Smsm81 said:
Look at your AOR
When should I contact CIC?
 Changes in your personal circumstances, including birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
thanks, so what should we do to inform them about the birth of our baby?

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Now 14 months....CIC website updated tells... I wonder whats going on.... Makes us feel very upset.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Yeah, with this whole 14 month wait 'official' and on the website... what's the general advice about withdrawing applications and applying outland instead? My husband has lived in Canada now for over eight (8!!!) years, but is genuinely considering pulling his papers and applying 'outland'. He's from Spain, so my understanding is that he'd just have to go to Paris if an interview was needed, yes?

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
Hello Everybody,

Wow that is sad and disappointing. 14 months?!

I am planning to withdraw my wife's application from the inland stream. I want to apply outland (from Ankara). Although CIC's website says its (Ankara's) average processing time is 14 months, most applicants receive the passport request email within 10 (and even fewer) months :eek: from the date their application had been received (that is according to the applicants' timetable speard sheet in this forum).

We are both in Canada and she can stay in Canada after her graduation from grad school (as a 3 years work permit is issuded for graduates after graduation); So she will have a status.

Do you think it is a good idea to withdraw the inland application? ???

Cheers

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
arnina84 said:
We are both in Canada and she can stay in Canada after her graduation from grad school (as a 3 years work permit is issuded for graduates after graduation); So she will have a status.
Looks like we're in similar situations. My husband graduated with his PhD from a Canadian University in 2012, and is two-thirds the way through his PGWP (post-graduate work permit). It expires the Fall of 2015. And, with the way this silly Inland process looks like it's going, I have no guarantee that he'll have PR by then. Whereas the Paris office is actually closer to FULL PR in about 5 months! Insane.

My only concern is whether we'd receive a refund and the full package back - all the documents required had cost a pretty penny to be translated. Does anyone have any advice for this? I've done a cursory search of the forum, but there really isn't too much on it.

arnina84

Sep 8, 2014
Looks like we're in similar situations. My husband graduated with his PhD from a Canadian University in 2012, and is two-thirds the way through his PGWP (post-graduate work permit). It expires the Fall of 2015. And, with the way this silly Inland process looks like it's going, I have no guarantee that he'll have PR by then. Whereas the Paris office is actually closer to FULL PR in about 5 months! Insane.

My only concern is whether we'd receive a refund and the full package back - all the documents required had cost a pretty penny to be translated. Does anyone have any advice for this? I've done a cursory search of the forum, but there really isn't too much on it.
[/quote]

Yes :)

I feel bad and I am beginning to blame myslef for sending her application to the inland stream.

Yes, the refund and the return of the complete application package are two of the main concerns. I think I also need to make sure that the unofficial processing time in Ankara is real. I just posted a message under the topic related to the Ankara office in the forum.

I will keep you posted.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Need ur help and guidance.

Entered Canada in May and Applied for Inland PR in May2014, got AOR with filenumber in August. Applied for Visa Extenstion in second week of Sept( used paper app), haven't received any confirmation?. Is there anything to wrry.? please suggest. My stay is valid till November 9th from my entry date on visitor visa.

Should I contact CIC or wait? CIC website says atleast 2 months for VV extenstion..