Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
shaqhal said:
hi computer geek. how exactly does the public policy work? does it automatically come into effect if you apply while out of status?
This is covered in manual IP 8. It says that the public policy comes into effect when CIC has received the inland application. CBSA has a similar policy and while it shows as expired, they continue to honour the public policy.

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Simkr said:
i called yesterday they still cant see my application on system.
when did you apply?

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice. I am originally from the United States and applied inland and my application was received on 16 Jan. 2014. I applied inland as I did not know that you could apply outland if you live in Canada. Due to the lack of movement on inland cases (i.e. not even three weeks worth of cases for the 1st stage in six months) I am now considering withdrawing my inland application and re-applying outland. However, I have a few questions. Would I need to send a new police certificate or would they use the one I sent in with my inland application? I only ask as the FBI took three months the last time and it was such a hassle to get my fingerprints done as well as costly. What about medicals...I did them upfront. They should still be valid right? Can they be used if I submit for outland. Although I have an open work permit that is valid until 16 June 2016 as it is a PGWP issued after my studies, I think that I might apply outland instead as the inland time seems to be going up an up and I have legal status and can work. Furthermore, I have read on this thread that for US citizens there are very few circumstances in which they should apply inland and should always apply outland. Having been almost half of the current waiting time already, should I just leave my application alone and wait or do you guys think I should withdraw and apply outland.

Thank you for all your help and advice! It is really appreciated

Jumps2013

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2014
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
Med's Done....
02-01-2015
alexander do you have any dependents on your applications or only the principal applicant.

I believe if you have only the principal applicant it will be faster. Some people get a decision made within days of stage 1 approval. If the current 11 month time frame holds you should be able to apply for an open work permit before Christmas. With a open work permit and health insurance you can wait out stage two. Stage two does not offer you a lot. I think for example in Alberta stage two is required for resident university fees but Ontario it seems stage 1 is all that is required.

So a lot of you questions is dependent on your situation.

Now if you have dependents waiting to come up that might take longer.

You have waited 6 months now so best case you have 6 months before its finished worst case you have 11-12 months before its finished where outland I hear in around 8 months.

angelpot11

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAGUA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/08/14
AOR Received.
08/09/14
File Transfer...
AIP : 02/24/2016
Med's Request
02/24/2016
Med's Done....
02/26/2016
computergeek said:
Pregnancy has no impact on your ability to sponsor. EI is not social assistance so that isn't an issue.

Is his work permit extendable (e.g., it's not a PGWP or IEC work permit?) so that he can continue working under implied status? It won't impact the application, I'm just hoping he doesn't have to quit working because CIC's processing time seems to still be increasing.
Hi Computergreek thanks for the input just want to ask if my husband needsto get A POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM CANADA, ASIDE FROM THE COUNTRY'S HIS BEEN TOO.. FOR INLAND APPLICATION Im so confused . Pls. everyone knows the answer pls. help.

angelpot

lheenj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Hello Guys

We already passed our application June 2, 2014, my husband work permit will expire on Aug 4, 2014.

1. We are wondering now we already pass the application is he now consider on IMPLIED STATUS? or
2. When it should the implied status start?
3. Do we have to wait for AOR to in Implied Status?
4. Are they any documents that CIC will give that he is in Implied Status?

Thank you

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lheenj said:
Hello Guys

We already passed our application June 2, 2014, my husband work permit will expire on Aug 4, 2014.

1. We are wondering now we already pass the application is he now consider on IMPLIED STATUS? or
2. When it should the implied status start?
3. Do we have to wait for AOR to in Implied Status?
4. Are they any documents that CIC will give that he is in Implied Status?

Thank you
1. No. He is not currently on "implied status" since his work visa is currently valid until Aug 4th. If you submitted the OWP with the inland application same time, he would get benefit of "implied status".
2. The "implied status" will go into effect the day after your husband's work visa expired. Assuming he is currently on a Closed work permit (work permit through LMO). If he is on PGWP or IEC work permit, then he won't get any "work implied status". These type of work visa does not allow "implied status" since they are not renewable. The husband would only get the "visitor implied status" after the IEC and PGWP visa expired.
3. No
4. No

Hope this answered your questions.

Screech339

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Simkr said:
Application (in land) was received on March 12, 2014. I am sponsoring my wife.
Mine was received March 6th. I called on friday and they have nothing in their system :s is beginning to get really hard to not worry.

lheenj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
screech339 said:
1. No. He is not currently on "implied status" since his work visa is currently valid until Aug 4th. If you submitted the OWP with the inland application same time, he would get benefit of "implied status".
2. The "implied status" will go into effect the day after your husband's work visa expired. Assuming he is currently on a Closed work permit (work permit through LMO). If he is on PGWP or IEC work permit, then he won't get any "work implied status". These type of work visa does not allow "implied status" since they are not renewable. The husband would only get the "visitor implied status" after the IEC and PGWP visa expired.
3. No
4. No

Hope this answered your questions.

Screech339
Thank you so much Screech339! Information is so much appreciated! :)

Yah, we submitted OWP in his PR application. So, when my husband work permit expires on Aug 4, then his now under Implied Status? Yes, His work permit is under LMO.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
lheenj said:
Thank you so much Screech339! Information is so much appreciated! :)

Yah, we submitted OWP in his PR application. So, when my husband work permit expires on Aug 4, then his now under Implied Status? Yes, His work permit is under LMO.
That is correct. Once his work visa expires, he would then be under "work implied status" with the current employer. Keep in mind, he will lose the "implied status" if he left Canada and re-entered canada even for a day.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
alexander_Schwartz said:
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice. I am originally from the United States and applied inland and my application was received on 16 Jan. 2014. I applied inland as I did not know that you could apply outland if you live in Canada. Due to the lack of movement on inland cases (i.e. not even three weeks worth of cases for the 1st stage in six months) I am now considering withdrawing my inland application and re-applying outland. However, I have a few questions. Would I need to send a new police certificate or would they use the one I sent in with my inland application? I only ask as the FBI took three months the last time and it was such a hassle to get my fingerprints done as well as costly. What about medicals...I did them upfront. They should still be valid right? Can they be used if I submit for outland. Although I have an open work permit that is valid until 16 June 2016 as it is a PGWP issued after my studies, I think that I might apply outland instead as the inland time seems to be going up an up and I have legal status and can work. Furthermore, I have read on this thread that for US citizens there are very few circumstances in which they should apply inland and should always apply outland. Having been almost half of the current waiting time already, should I just leave my application alone and wait or do you guys think I should withdraw and apply outland.

Thank you for all your help and advice! It is really appreciated
It's a tough decision. I believe that if you withdraw and apply outland you will need a new police check. Maybe they send back to you your whole app with all the original documents, but your certificate will be still expired. As for the medicals, it's good for one years, so there is a chance that you have to do it again both with the inland and with the outland app.

So, if you decide to withdraw, it will cost you a pretty amount of money, some more headache with the FBI and with the new forms and all of the evidence, but you I heard that lot of outlander apply with the explanation letter that they are waiting for the FBI record, so don't have to wait 3 months before applying. Once you submitted your app it take an average 8 months to become PR, so lets say, you will get your papers around Spring.

If you stay with the inland apps... If CIC manage to stay around 11 months, you will get AIP and OWP by the end of the year. If they continue to process 1 week of apps in 2 weeks, you will get your papers around the next Summer. But we have seen before miracles when CIC process one month of apps in one week. But they can be also even slower. Who knows...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
So, if you decide to withdraw, it will cost you a pretty amount of money, some more headache with the FBI and with the new forms and all of the evidence, but you I heard that lot of outlander apply with the explanation letter that they are waiting for the FBI record, so don't have to wait 3 months before applying. Once you submitted your app it take an average 8 months to become PR, so lets say, you will get your papers around Spring.
I believe that if the application is withdrawn prior to AIP, the applicant only loses the $75 fee for the sponsor approval.

Personally, I'd just leave it as-is and hope that CIC picks up the pace.

Jenya B

Feb 2, 2014
shaqhal said:
Mine was received March 6th. I called on friday and they have nothing in their system :s is beginning to get really hard to not worry.
Mine was received on March 12th and according to everyone we are still in a good place, just wait till late July, we suppose to have some answers by then.

Jun 11, 2013
Hi to everyone.I highly appreciated if someone here can share any thought of my story. Or hoping you have a same case like me.

I passed my application April 16, 2014, as per canadapost my papers was recieved April 20, 2014. In my mistake I submitted it in Vegrille not knowing that start from March 2014 Mississuaga is the new CPC-Family Sponsorship. And I just noticed that 3 weeks after I submitted. I phoned callcenter agent from cic and told me that theres only 2 ways its gonna happen, whether they will send it back to me or forward it to Miss. Until several time of following up my papers an agent advice me that resend another application and don't take any chance to wait when they gonna forward it.

AS of June 18, 2014 I RESUBMITTED another application to Miss.

And until now I havn't hear nothing yet for my first. Anyone one know have the same situation or any thought for my first application?